Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 421.
#6851 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

No secret I went to cash late last year and now only invest in tangible assets that can be held. When the Market returns to 19K I may get back in. Not a day trader either but admire those who are successful at it. There is a reason Gates is the largest holder of Farmland in US, he is rich and prefers tangible to speculative.

If the market gets back to 19k we'll have more than riots on the capitol.

#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I listen to Jerimiah Babe on youtube. He tells it straight, if he is wrong, let me know. Right now he is the only one telling it like it is I have found as far as real estate and current economic conditions in the Country.

Are you buying rental homes or commercial real estate? I bought a townhouse rental 3 years ago, it's been a great steady source of income. And if I'm to believe Zillow, it's worth about $120,000 more than I paid for it. A bunch of my family buy rentals and have done well, but it can be a lot of work between renters.

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why? What percent of the pop. even owns a stock? The ones that do will just cry quietly in their expensive scotch. We all know this is a bubble. Look out- Feb.3 is 384th anniversary of the Tulip collapse.

Anybody concerned about the actual increase in consumer spending this holiday season? Economy went off a world wide cliff, yet people spent more money then similar periods last previous years? Stimulus sure, but this much? And if someone can explain how LYV is at an all time high with no concerts in over a year, appreciated.

#6854 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Why? What percent of the pop. even owns a stock?

55% according to the most recent Gallup poll. Their age, gender and race breakdown is here:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/266807/percentage-americans-owns-stock.aspx

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Why? What percent of the pop. even owns a stock? The ones that do will just cry quietly in their expensive scotch. We all know this is a bubble. Look out- Feb.3 is 384th anniversary of the Tulip collapse.
Anybody concerned about the actual increase in consumer spending this holiday season? Economy went off a world wide cliff, yet people spent more money then similar periods last previous years? Stimulus sure, but this much? And if someone can explain how LYV is at an all time high with no concerts in over a year, appreciated.

If the market crashes that hard - which is harder than the COVID crash - there's going to be a lot (more) of unemployed people.

Secondly, bubbles, speaking of bubbles, the housing market is a huge one. I'm looking at house prices saying I would never pay what people are asking right now, no matter how low the interest rates are. It's insanity. Then you look at the prices of everything, cars, pinball, etc, and they are just increasing at astronomical rates. I don't see it being sustainable either, but here we are 10 years later, and everything is going up way faster than wages.

#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Are you buying rental homes or commercial real estate? I bought a townhouse rental 3 years ago, it's been a great steady source of income. And if I'm to believe Zillow, it's worth about $120,000 more than I paid for it. A bunch of my family buy rentals and have done well, but it can be a lot of work between renters.

I am the Vulture Class, coming in when things are severely depressed. Real Estate is merely a bellwether for the entire economic situation. Building materials, furnishings,you know the drill.
Also a good harbinger of whats coming this way. I think Jeremiah is in the Southwest, and area that boomed recently and should be maintaining now, it's not.
My area is Hot, how long that lasts is anyones guess. Like he says, its coming soon to all of us in one form or another.

#6857 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Only a year ago it kissed it. Probably the last realistic bottom we will ever have.

#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Wondering how others on this thread feel about how unrest in other parts of the world may impact our stock markets?
I was not aware of the following until today:
-Dutch government (or a portion of it) to resign over child welfare scandal
-Italian government on verge of collapse during Covid related recession
-Germany’s Angela Merkel stepping down later this year (I am not really clear why)
-Iran and N Korea getting provocative with missile hoopla
Sorry to be putting more political stuff on this very helpful thread, but events at home and abroad are becoming pretty concerning to me. Stocks have been a good ride this past year.
Hoping that iceman44 will also share a few thoughts.

Isn’t Italy and half of the EU always on the bring of bankruptcy? That’s why Brexit happened. Horrible money management in the EU, nothing new... *yawn*

Quoted from Lamberger:

Just keeping my eyes open to everything that is happening right now in the world.. A knew strain of Covid can change everything. Troubling times for sure. Gonna sit this out for awhile. Gamble with 10%. And watching this thread immensely.

Actual scientists and real professionals have been tracking 100+ mutations of COVID-19 since May. It is such an obvious fear tactic to bring it up now like some new boogieman as if nobody has been paying attention for the past year. https://web.archive.org/web/20210114080431/https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/07/health/coronavirus-mutations-analysis/index.html

Remember, do your own due-diligence!

Quoted from Baiter:

Pick your poison. Within the framework of a balanced budget, lowered corporate taxes implies an increase in individual income taxes. If nothing else, the past 50 years has proven that trickle down economics doesn't actually work. There does need to be some effort put into incentivizing businesses to keep jobs and money in the U.S... that has not gone well for decades for many reasons, particularly manufacturing and offshoring of other professional jobs.
Thing to consider now is that in 2021 everyone will get a chance to be vaccinated, which means more people will be a little more free to get out, increasing oil demand, to spend at restaurants, to take vacations, all of which will give a boost to GDP. We still have to ask ourselves is why something like DIS today is 25% higher than pre-covid levels with major portions of its business shuttered, or why TSLA trading at prices reflecting perfection years into the future? The market will correct some of that, but if that correlates with a minor economic boom as things start opening up, then there may not be much of a correction in the 2020 boom stocks, but the 2020 bust stocks could finally get a chance to catch up. It could be a good year all around.

Manufacturing has proven to be very easy to bring back to the US. Those jobs aren’t “dead” when they’re competing with literal slave labor in a certain large country it’s difficult to succeed...
when we defend human rights and place sanctions and large tariffs on those countries that use slave-labor then manufacturing here in the good ol’ USA booms.

When you force companies to rely on genuine paid-labor then it doesn’t make sense to do it overseas because after all the costs involved it’s cheaper to pay people in the US and not have to worry about international logistics.

I think this shutdown has reminded people that if our current biggest manufacturer shuts downs then WE shut down. So that’s why we’ve seen a huge growth in US jobs. It will probably stay that way for a few years since people don’t easily forget supply shortages like that.

Even many large companies like Apple are still proceeding with moving factories to places like Taiwan and Mexico just as a safeguard to bolster their material supply-chains. I believe in American manufacturing and am investing accordingly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/princeghosh/2020/09/18/the-exodus-of-chinese-manufacturing-shutting-down-the-worlds-factory/

#6859 3 years ago

Been riding the TELL train since .70...keeps on going!

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

bought some OPRX this morning
and for those interested in div income, added some BXMT yesterday

OPRX up 55%+ since 12/3 - not a bad return

BXMT down 4% - good entry point for a 9%+ div.

#6861 3 years ago

NOVRF up 29.7% since I bought it 8 days ago. Not a rocket like some of them but looking pretty good so far.

#6862 3 years ago

FVRR taking a dump today in an analyst downgrade. good opportunity to add shares for those interested - this is a multi-rec from motley fool

#6863 3 years ago

Anyone else thinking of shorting the market today before close?

#6864 3 years ago

Tomorrow could be interesting

#6865 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone else thinking of shorting the market today before close?

Negative, Ghost Rider. That would be a huge mistake.

Lots of stimulus, reopening trade, etc. Even if there are shenanigans tomorrow any impacts would be temporary.

#6866 3 years ago

Not shorting, but I am holding onto about 25% liquid right now in my investment account (I normally hold 0-5%) and waiting and watching to buy when it seems right. I'm looking at BXMT, WOOF, CCL, AAL; and increasing my position in WMT. I would like this to be my best year yet but 47% return last year is going to be hard to beat.

#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Not shorting, but I am holding onto about 25% liquid right now in my investment account (I normally hold 0-5%) and waiting and watching to buy when it seems right. I'm looking at BXMT, WOOF, CCL, AAL; and increasing my position in WMT. I would like this to be my best year yet but 47% return last year is going to be hard to beat.

I’m at 164% return right now thanks Odin!

#6868 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

if someone can explain how LYV is at an all time high with no concerts in over a year, appreciated.

LOL.. up 7% today. With no way to have a concert for at least another 6 months- whatever assets they have, someone really wants..

No idea what is going on at TRXC either, but glad I bought at 0.40

#6869 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

BB was a steal under $3 not so much at $9. Good luck

And just a few days later...

bb (resized).pngbb (resized).png
#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

And just a few days later...[quoted image]

Short squeeze?

#6871 3 years ago

Blue horse show loves andocote steel

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

wow.
$70 to below $7,
back above $84,
then as low as 28c
in a four year span.

#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

LOL.. up 7% today. With no way to have a concert for at least another 6 months- whatever assets they have, someone really wants..

it was a pick of one the analyst on cnbc about 12 today - thanks ed

#6874 3 years ago

Yeah, there is a reddit group called wallstreetbets that has 1.9 million members and has been doing the GME short squeeze, BB is their next target, I mentioned it last Friday when I picked up 100 shares. It's gonna either keep going past 20 or settle back down to 9, depending on if they are successful or not.

#6875 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yeah, there is a reddit group called wallstreetbets that has 1.9 million members and has been doing the GME short squeeze, BB is their next target, I mentioned it last Friday when I picked up 100 shares. It's gonna either keep going past 20 or settle back down to 9, depending on if they are successful or not.

I am part of the short squeeze on GME. Have a 1000 shares of it. Pretty wild to see how the prices change throughout the day. Playing with fire a little, but it has been fun and educational.

#6876 3 years ago

I have a bit of FOMO over it and that's why I bought some BB. Are you holding until the end or have an exit plan? It seems to have hit a bit of a wall that I'm wondering if it will break thru or not. It takes balls of steel to hold past 45.

#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

there is a reddit group called wallstreetbets that has 1.9 million members and has been doing the GME short squeeze,

Can someone help me understand this? They are betting for GME & raising the price? How do they all cash out?

#6878 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Can someone help me understand this? They are betting for GME & raising the price? How do they all cash out?

Man that would be a vile area if there were bag holders left on a regular basis. But you are right, there isn’t a great way for them to all get out safely.

#6879 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Man that would be a vile area if there were bag holders left on a regular basis. But you are right, there isn’t a great way for them to all get out safely.

I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. Most of r/wallstreetbets is just hyping garbage and dumping it

#6880 3 years ago

My biggest problem with investing is that I get stuck and don't want to get out....especially if it's going up in value.

If I sell and it keeps going, I feel like an idiot. For example, my crypto is up 65% in the last 30 days and 133% in the last 90 days. Should I sell and bunch and rake in a really nice profit, probably. But I keep sitting here thinking, "Well, it's went up this much, why can't it keep going?".

With my 401k it's easy, because I'd get whacked with penalties if I withdrew anything and when I'm old enough I'm going to be forced to draw. With my stock and crypto, I just get stuck holding on.

I need to find a way to get over that thought process. I just don't know when I should make a move.....

#6881 3 years ago

I find myself doing the same thing frequently. I keep telling myself, what's your goal for the year and what does that equate to in daily profits? The market has always been manipulated and seems even more so now. When I can grab a quick profit, I do it, and I am consistently beating my daily goals and that is good enough for me.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

My biggest problem with investing is that I get stuck and don't want to get out....especially if it's going up in value.
If I sell and it keeps going, I feel like an idiot. For example, my crypto is up 65% in the last 30 days and 133% in the last 90 days. Should I sell and bunch and rake in a really nice profit, probably. But I keep sitting here thinking, "Well, it's went up this much, why can't it keep going?".
With my 401k it's easy, because I'd get whacked with penalties if I withdrew anything and when I'm old enough I'm going to be forced to draw. With my stock and crypto, I just get stuck holding on.
I need to find a way to get over that thought process. I just don't know when I should make a move.....

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. Most of r/wallstreetbets is just hyping garbage and dumping it

Yes and no. The stocks they tend to go after have large short positions and some areas of value that can be unlocked. GameStop is a case where you had more short interest than shares outstanding and new board members. Idiots on WSB talk about holding to the moon. I plan to exit in the mid 40’s and put this behind me. These are very risky investments and a lot of folks are doing it on calls and margin, which is always a bad combination

#6883 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

But I keep sitting here thinking, "Well, it's went up this much, why can't it keep going?

Always let's your winners run! So if you have a winner, put a mental sell/stop loss number down. I bought palantir at 11 and it's at 25. Do I sell? No! When it hits 21 then I'll watch it closely. I may sell at 20 but I may buy more depending on why the stock is down.

Think! If you buy a stock is it for a quick profit? Is it a 5 year buy?

#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Negative, Ghost Rider. That would be a huge mistake.
Lots of stimulus, reopening trade, etc. Even if there are shenanigans tomorrow any impacts would be temporary.

Great Day for the Market! Just saying....oh Great Day for America too.

#6885 3 years ago

Market is tanking by the minute. I expect losses today.

#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Which market are you watching, exactly?

#6887 3 years ago

Keep watchin.. It's going red.. Not all are creeping up.

#6888 3 years ago

LOL. Okie dokie. I'll keep watchin'. I'm sure I won't circle back to this in a few hours.

#6889 3 years ago

#6890 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Seems bitcoin is the only thing down - my hedges are even doing well with gold up $25 today. NOVRF is up another 9.5% - 40% in 9 days. Starting to get nervous it has moved so quickly.

#6891 3 years ago

Starting to recover slowly.... Glad to see it.

#6892 3 years ago

yep, the political elite are happy again

As is the CCCP.

#6893 3 years ago

yep, the political elite are happy again

So are a lot of average Americans like me, I'd like to not have to think about politics or the President every day. NASDAQ, Dow and S&P500 all hitting all time highs today, I hope this optimism lasts.

#6894 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Great Day for the Market! Just saying....oh Great Day for America too, The adults are back home.

Come on team, let’s keep the partisan comments out of this thread.

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

As is the CCCP.

These ridiculous political posts have no business on a stock market trading thread.

#6896 3 years ago

This is a stock forum, not political. Let's keep it stocks! Looks like microsoft is killing it today!

#6897 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Come on team, let’s keep the partisan comments out of this thread.

Quoted from nwpinball:

So are a lot of average Americans like me, I'd like to not have to think about politics or the President every day. NASDAQ, Dow and S&P500 all hitting all time highs today, I hope this optimism lasts.

Quoted from nwpinball:

These ridiculous political posts have no business on a stock market trading thread.

Quoted from Barakawins1:

This is a stock forum, not political. Let's keep it stocks! Looks like microsoft is killing it today!

My Apologies Gang. I was reflecting on a incredible up day and making a comparison.
Play Ball!

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

As is the CCCP.

China and Iran as well!

#6899 3 years ago

EDIT: Guess you better sell all your stocks that do business or buy parts from China, or you're just another hypocrite. Money's money right? Greed has no boundaries.

Also, just checked mine, been busy today, and my portfolio is up over 2% so far today. Part of it helps that Ford is on a nice run up.

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Bailed on DNMR at a 9% loss. Going in on CRWD when funds clear.

The 40% run up from $24 a share to $34 a share in the 8 days since I sold the stock has shown this was the wrong move. Only adding to show people frustrated by losses that you are not the only one. People tend to brag on successes and hide losses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/138?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.