IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 417.
#6701 3 years ago

Thoughts on the Palantir downgrade to $15.00/share?

#6702 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am holding Sprouts (SFM) - but it's been sideways for months

That sounds kind of dirty...

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Thoughts on the Palantir downgrade to $15.00/share?

Massive lockup ends in February with a lot of shares coming out. This represents a good buying opportunity after lock up. Would not buy C3.AI until after lockup as well.

#6704 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Massive lockup ends in February with a lot of shares coming out. This represents a good buying opportunity after lock up. Would not buy C3.AI until after lockup as well.

Waiting until after lockup here too.

#6705 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The few IPOs I've watched lately, the stocks drop quite a bit in the weeks leading up to lockup expiration, but on the actual day of lockup they've gone up significantly. Just the opposite of what the retail traders are expecting.

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

And you dispute what about that wiki page exactly? Please explain with verifiable facts.

Sure. Hit me up on IM and we can chat.

#6707 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Waiting until after lockup here too.

What does the lockup mean?

#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

What does the lockup mean?

On an IPO, certain employees and insiders can't sell until a few months after the IPO. When that date comes, some traders expect a flood of selling to occur.

#6710 3 years ago

I got it. Thanks guys. I forgot about inside traders/employees. I still think Palantir has a good run ahead. I feel it will go up past the lockup. If it does, many more may invest right?

#6711 3 years ago

fwiw i bought 10k shares of PLTR yesterday since somebody asked

And also fwiw CITI downgraded the stock from "Hold" to "Sell" and a price target of $15!

I put almost ZERO credence in any analyst opinions with the exception of a few individuals. I've watched them for YEARS be wrong consistently on Apple and so many other stocks. OLD valuation methods have led to outdated calls.

And, when you say "decelerating growth", i am stumped as to how the F they can gather that opinion? And mostly they are looking at the next 90-180 days.

BUT, that's what just happened. And then the stock went up!

#6712 3 years ago

IF you aren't willing to BUY AGAIN on a dip in any stock, don't buy it in the first place.

#6713 3 years ago

And i added 10,000 shares of PSTH when KPG gave us some of the "why" it might be Stripe and looking at the 13-F and the players involved.

Remember, it's a risk, but it's NOT just Ackman really, it's kind of like when you have the images of Valeant and Herbalife burned into your brain you tread a bit lightly and it seems like a consortium of Fintech!

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Sure. Hit me up on IM and we can chat.

Nah - it’s on you. I don’t give effort to following up vague and baseless but damaging comments which seem aimed at contributing to division. If you have something to say that you can back up with facts, say it. I don’t think you’ll get sanctioned for stating facts in the thread. (Vs Political opinions which will.) It’s often not possible to discuss economics without factual analysis of government policy.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Nah - it’s on you. I don’t give effort to following up vague and baseless but damaging comments which seem aimed at contributing to division. If you have something to say that you can back up with facts, say it. I don’t think you’ll get sanctioned for stating facts in the thread. (Vs Political opinions which will.) It’s often not possible to discuss economics without factual analysis of government policy.

Good call. The next sentence no matter what is presented is 'it's biased'.

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IF you aren't willing to BUY AGAIN on a dip in any stock, don't buy it in the first place.

So, what do people consider dips? I tend to buy on down days of 5% or more as day to day dips (unless a stock is tanking) are generally less than 1%.

I also tend to buy when the MACD is at the bottom heading up on all 3 Daily, Hourly, 5min. I have no idea if that is a good strategy as I am sure I miss many opportunities, but it's worked well for me to reduce impulsive buying and buying while a stock is heading down.

#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Don't confuse game rooms with wealth. Just because somebody has a lot of pins and a big game room does not mean they are well of. Does. Not.

Building a game room is a good analogy to wealth building.

You start with a couple hundred dollars to buy a game.
Search the market for deals on games, find one, bring it home, play it
6 months later you get tired of it so you sell it in 6 months for what you have into it, and now you have both buy and sell experience, plus the connections made doing so.
Next year you have another couple hundred to add to the pot, plus you want to try your hand at repair... so
Now you can look for a higher end "value" game (depressed pricing due to condition issues).
Buy it Fix it up, sell it for more in 6 months for a few hundred profit.

Rinse and repeat every 6 months, finding deals, adding value, keeping a game here and there, and after a decade of collecting you wind up with a game room with 10 nice games, a handful of keepers and a handful you are working on. Ultimately you wind up with a collection worth 5 figures and your friends think you are super wealthy, but the reality is much different. Over a decade you only spent $100/month to get there, which can be done by anyone eating out a few less times. It was done by diligence rather than wealth, and building a retirement nest egg is done the same way.

Building experience in the stock market is similar in requiring a long period of learning, which requires going through more than one bull and bear cycle... no one is actually learning anything at the moment since we are all just chasing the best returns of all the stocks going up based on rumor and speculation.

#6718 3 years ago

Bought some PSTH and GM today. No crazy amounts like some of you guys. But figured I would take the flyer on PSTH. I am usually super conservative.

#6719 3 years ago

I'm considering GM too. Flying cadillac was a motivator for me.

#6720 3 years ago

NVARF (nova royalty) graduated to tier 1 status on the TSX otc market. Ticker is now NORVF. Off like a rocket up 10% in 2 days. They do royalty deals on copper/nickel for batteries, green energy.

#6721 3 years ago

any of you guys catch the GME pop? wow, just wow.

I stayed away, too much like gambling for me, but some people made huge bucks today on that.

#6722 3 years ago

Affirm ipo doubled basically at open.

Looks like another high flyer where I will be a spectator.

#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Affirm ipo doubled basically at open.
Looks like another high flyer where I will be a spectator.

Yeah seems like every IPO these days either double or triple by the time it goes public on the market. ICE, do you know why this is? Seems like the retail traders get the short end of the stick on these.

#6724 3 years ago

You think GME Climbed. Check out AFRM!

#6725 3 years ago

BTWN doing great today, another SPAC I mentioned a few days ago that i'm in and it's starting to heat up.

AJAX is another SPAC that has a ton of potential ($10 floor), RBAC under $11 is solid since it has a $10 floor.

Look to CCIV ($10 SPAC) that is up massively in the last few days based on speculation. These SPACs are just getting started IMO.

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

you should not be trading your accounts .. it’s impossible to trade your accounts over long periods of time ..odds are against you. Even professional traders don’t beat the market over long periods of time

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Horrible advice .. you should be trading your accounts .. it’s impossible to trade your accounts over long periods of time ..odds are against you

My highest flyers I’ve started positions and almost exclusively added on dips, Tesla, square, PayPal, Qualcomm, sea limited, just to name a few.

#6730 3 years ago

New ETF ARKX announced bases off of space technologies. Space stocks are surging. SpaceX going to go public?

#6731 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

New ETF ARKX announced bases off of space technologies. Space stocks are surging. SpaceX going to go public?

you think space company are safe investments ??

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

An insane amount of $ has been made by people who have invested in Ark ETF’s!!!

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

you should not be trading your accounts .. it’s impossible to trade your accounts over long periods of time ..odds are against you. Even professional traders don’t beat the market over long periods of time

41028A6F-CE17-4FD1-9563-96AB288442C2 (resized).jpeg41028A6F-CE17-4FD1-9563-96AB288442C2 (resized).jpeg
#6734 3 years ago

I’m only going to follow spikelou2 advice from now on. I’m just concerned about my sleeping due to all the cash I need to stash under my mattress for the safest of keeping.

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

You come into this thread with some pretty hot takes, chum. Why don’t you take it slow and ease into the water as opposed to belly flopping your next time on the diving board?

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

fwiw i bought 10k shares of PLTR yesterday since somebody asked
And also fwiw CITI downgraded the stock from "Hold" to "Sell" and a price target of $15!
I put almost ZERO credence in any analyst opinions with the exception of a few individuals. I've watched them for YEARS be wrong consistently on Apple and so many other stocks. OLD valuation methods have led to outdated calls.
And, when you say "decelerating growth", i am stumped as to how the F they can gather that opinion? And mostly they are looking at the next 90-180 days.
BUT, that's what just happened. And then the stock went up!

I don’t think the investment banks love to cover stocks that didn’t do an IPOs with them either. I don’t get that vibe. “See - go off on your own and you fail without us”. Could be wrong though

I am long PLTR and will hold through the holding period. I would add more and at $22 I would be pretty happy. $15 stoked! 2.5% of my portfolio now.

#6737 3 years ago

Surprised Pfizer was down today, surprised Tesla wasn't (with that fresh recall)

#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Surprised Pfizer was down today, surprised Tesla wasn't (with that fresh recall)

I wonder if Tesla Joy, Elon's Brain, In Elon we Trust, Teslarti, Tesla Army and Electrek will all tweet that 3,000 Program-Erase cycles is acceptable for the flash memory?

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, what do people consider dips? I tend to buy on down days of 5% or more as day to day dips (unless a stock is tanking) are generally less than 1%.
I also tend to buy when the MACD is at the bottom heading up on all 3 Daily, Hourly, 5min. I have no idea if that is a good strategy as I am sure I miss many opportunities, but it's worked well for me to reduce impulsive buying and buying while a stock is heading down.

Personally, if a stock drops 10% after I buy it and nothing changed from the original reason I bought, I usually avg down.

#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I don’t think the investment banks love to cover stocks that didn’t do an IPOs with them either. I don’t get that vibe. “See - go off on your own and you fail without us”. Could be wrong though
I am long PLTR and will hold through the holding period. I would add more and at $22 I would be pretty happy. $15 stoked! 2.5% of my portfolio now.

You're long a company that makes up 2.5% of your portfolio that, last quarter, reported an operating income of -$847 million and cash from operations at -$278 million?

#6741 3 years ago

Let's see how crazy I am. Bought a thousand shares of GME today on the open at $37.99. LFG!

#6742 3 years ago

Are you guys buying Petco IPO?

#6743 3 years ago

Macerich is having a nice pop today....

#6744 3 years ago

You guys speculating on the ipos reminds me so much of the tech market crash in the 90's - nearly wiped me out.

BTW - NOVRF up another 15% so far today

#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MAC is in really good position no matter what happens and we KNOW vaccines are on the way.

Thanks ICE! I bought 386 shares just north of 10 and I'm happy to hold especially with today's pop.

#6746 3 years ago

PIPP - SPAC - Biden is in on this one. Anyone think this is a good buy for long term?

#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Anybody following MAXR - bought this little gem in May for about $10

nice 30%+ bump this morning

#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Macerich is having a nice pop today....

No doubt about it

mact (resized).JPGmact (resized).JPG
#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Thanks ICE! I bought 386 shares just north of 10 and I'm happy to hold especially with today's pop.

MAC is back up to $15 per share. Re-opening/vaccine/value trade. Common sense

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I'll keep throwing $$ at it if it drops. Sometimes they don't drop after lock up expiration. Depends on where the price is.

LONG TERM. Read the two articles to understand it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.