Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 421.
#6451 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm 52, but a lot of my friends are in their 30s and 40s. Many are pretty nerdy, so they mined bitcoin back in the day and also work for tech companies and bought a lot of Tesla, Microsoft, Amazon, Google etc. stocks back in the day or got them through stock options. They are skipping the white picket fences, for travel and early retirement.

I retired at 47. Not due to being good at investing - actually pretty poor results, but I was very good at putting away up to 26% each year

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I retired at 47. Not due to being good at investing - actually pretty poor results, but I was very good at putting away up to 26% each year

How do you know you have enough? Do you have enough for nursing care?

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How do you know you have enough?

For me it was easier - I have an 80K pension from 28+ years in the USAF, but it was one of the hardest decisions of my life. Biggest motivation to retire was being diagnosed with early onset parkinsons. The removal of work (stress) has greatly improved that situation and am still chuggin along fine. As far as health care - govt is suppose to take care of that. I also have a 60% disability that gives me priority to get in a VA home when the time comes.

#6454 3 years ago

Also my wife is still working until the house is paid off this year. Paid that off in 6 years - all part of the plan to "think" you are secure financially.

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

For me it was easier - I have an 80K pension from 28+ years in the USAF, but it was one of the hardest decisions of my life. Biggest motivation to retire was being diagnosed with early onset parkinsons. The removal of work (stress) has greatly improved that situation and am still chuggin along fine.

That is a great pension. You must be in the old CSRS. Unfortunately I am in FERS and still have 6 years to get to 30 yrs full retirement and a approximately 30% pension.

#6456 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is a great pension. You must be in the old csrs. Unfortunately I am in FERS and still have 6 years to get to 30 yrs full retirement and a approximately 30% pension.

Active duty

#6457 3 years ago

I just started researching stocks over the summer. Doing pretty good with a few cannabis companies and now I'm reading a lot about cryptos. Who knew that we could have made a killing in bitcoin with a $500 investment in 2011

#6458 3 years ago

That is really good plus social security when you hit that age. Enjoy.

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Who knew that we could have made a killing in bitcoin with a $500 investment in 2011

A lot of people, apparently. But they had to have faith during a lot of lean years. Heck the 2K more I bought a few weeks ago is up over 50%.

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Heck the 2K more I bought a few weeks ago is up over 50%.

I know. It's insane. Projected to hit 100k a coin this year no?

#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I know. It's insane. Projected to hit 100k a coin this year no?

That's the only reason I bought more. My friend that's a pinball collector has 10 coins from mining it back in the day, he's pretty excited and is holding. He was joking about his hundred thousand dollar pair of socks he has that he bought for 3 bitcoins back in the day when they were worth $4 each. Ha ha ha!

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

That's the only reason I bought more. My friend that's a pinball collector has 10 coins from mining it back in the day, he's pretty excited and is holding. He was joking about his hundred thousand dollar pair of socks he has that he bought for 3 bitcoins back in the day when they were worth $4 each. Ha ha ha!

Wow good for him....and you.

Off topic but some areas of Eastern Europe still have a lot of room for growth in real estate. I had one go up about 2000% in less than 10 years.

#6463 3 years ago

Cyber security gonna be a HUGE focus of Govt and BIg Biz in 2021

OKTA, PANW, and CRWD

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The debts racked up over the last four years will have to be paid as we become elderly.

We won't be paying for it. The next generations will have to foot the bill...which now that I'm 50 - I say spend more!

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Cover those calls yet?
PSTH FOMO Today
Ty for the tip by the way.

PSTH ripping.

Not selling shares anytime soon. Hopefully some of you guys got into this thing

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am not that much younger than you and don’t get any relief money. To me where the big money needs to go the most is accelerating the vaccine distribution and production. The debts racked up over the last four years will have to be paid as we become elderly.

And the debts racked up the prior 8 yrs amounted to more than all admins combined in history.

This new admin will put em all to shame if they can. And the markets will react accordingly short term.

Spend baby spend! Juice the markets. The debt reckoning will hit hard 4-6 yrs with much higher interest rates and the world rushing to devalue their currencies

Selective memory DC? I agree that money needs to go to Vaccine distro and production like Manchin said

#6467 3 years ago

Speaking of selective memory

#6468 3 years ago

For our $$$, our kids and our future grandkids we need to decide what to do and how to set up for the next for years.

It’s crucial. In other words what is coming NEXT!

SS won’t be there for our kids and GKs most likely

Who is going to pay for it?

And/or they are going to tax the F out of it if you have any wealth whatsoever

Two words. ROTH CONVERSION. ASAP

#6469 3 years ago

I'm expecting default at some point when the world decides not to keep buying debt they are losing money on.

#6470 3 years ago

Didn't we just prove the last 4 years that debt means nothing? Just keep milking it. We don't care about anything but egos and wallets right now. With the right threats you can get the fed to do whatever you want.

#6471 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm expecting default at some point when the world decides not to keep buying debt they are losing money on.

It’s gonna be a race to the bottom Weir.

Not kidding. Countries will have to pay their debt back in “cheaper currency” and inflate their way out of it. OR default

It will be a global event

We all gotta unite and come together! Beatles

#6472 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

PSTH ripping.
Not selling shares anytime soon. Hopefully some of you guys got into this thing

What's the price target?

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

SS won’t be there for our kids and GKs most likely
Who is going to pay for it?

It isn't going anywhere. Fed can just print money to pay for it. There is not a fiscally responsible politician left in DC.

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It isn't going anywhere. Fed can just print money to pay for it. There is not a fiscally responsible politician left in DC.

There are a handful, but they are shouted down by both parties. Once they are no longer able to pay from revenues all entitlements and all colleges become free and the other free goodies coming from the Dems, then there will be ramifications.

But F it, I'll be gone by then so let the younger generations worry about it.

#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Amen to that.

But the printing press can’t run forever

Especially if China and rest of the world won’t or don’t buy our debt in the future

10yr treasury and interest on debt as a % of GDP is NOT sustainable

Gotta pay attention and think long term

#6476 3 years ago

I thought the majority of debt (bonds) were owned by Americans?

"The public holds over $21 trillion, or almost 78%, of the national debt."

https://www.thebalance.com/who-owns-the-u-s-national-debt-3306124

#6477 3 years ago

Ya I'm in my mid 30's you old farts. Lets not increase the money printer any more than it already has. Been trying to invest ever since I left college, but like most had huge debt to pay off first. Only really seen that snowball start to move the last few years.

So ya I am worried as hell about inflation. Looking for anyway to protect the buying power of the savings I have now. Seems to me the Market is the only possible way. But I'm no day trader, just buy and hold.

If there are any recommendations I am all ears.

#6478 3 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Ya I'm in my mid 30's you old farts. Lets not increase the money printer any more than it already has. Been trying to invest ever since I left college, but like most had huge debt to pay off first. Only really seen that snowball start to move the last few years.
So ya I am worried as hell about inflation. Looking for anyway to protect the buying power of the savings I have now. Seems to me the Market is the only possible way. But I'm no day trader, just buy and hold.
If there are any recommendations I am all ears.

Buy and Hold for Long term

Buy more when it goes on sale

Understand Power of Compounding. And you are good

Btw, thx for working and funding my SS!

Don’t need it. And don’t count it in retirement

#6479 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don’t need it. And don’t count it in retirement

Exactly! Will not be there when I retire. Good thing I got my own retirement plan.

#6480 3 years ago

What are some good ETFs to get into?

#6481 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Check out all the different Ark ETF’s, my personal favorite ARKG

#6482 3 years ago

Basically, people need to wake up and think.

Low cost ETF's like Vanguard if you can't pick individual stocks for the long term

#6483 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What's the price target?

PSTH has unlimited potential depending on the company they target. Announcement should be soon.

If it's a Fintech company like Stripe, theres no saying what it will be after announcement (some people say $45, others say $75+) and over time, $250+ if it's Stripe in the next 1-2 yrs.

#6484 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

PSTH has unlimited potential depending on the company they target. Announcement should be soon.
If it's a Fintech company like Stripe, theres no saying what it will be after announcement (some people say $45, others say $75+) and over time, $250+ if it's Stripe in the next 1-2 yrs.

Feeling sad I just learned about all these “blank check” merger companies. I was following BMTX before they acquired BankMobile when they were Megalith but I was a novice and didn’t understand what these companies did. I’m sure whatever PSTH acquires is gonna be good. Isn’t Stripe the payment processor that Robin uses for Pinside?

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Feeling sad I just learned about all these “blank check” merger companies. I was following BMTX before they acquired BankMobile when they were Megalith but I was a novice and didn’t understand what these companies did. I’m sure whatever PSTH acquires is gonna be good. Isn’t Stripe the payment processor that Robin uses for Pinside?

Correct, even Pinside uses Stripe. Shopify uses Stripe.

Stripe just came out with a product called Stripe Treasury that allows businesses to open interest bearing checking accounts as well. They will continue to disrupt the banking industry as well as PayPal and Square.

There are a ton of crap SPACs out there. I always avoid Chinese ones.

Where with a regular stock you invest in the company and it's products/services, I invest in a SPAC because of the team behind it. You are essentially co-investing with the people running the SPAC and trusting they will select and work a deal with a great company. That's why I'm so heavy in PSTH, Bill Ackman and the team he has selected to manage and serve on the board are very well qualified.

I truly believe this is the best SPAC ever created and has the most potential of any SPAC you'll see for a while.

#6486 3 years ago

Still developing...breaking news.
Boeing 737-500 from Indonesia has gone missing 45 minutes into flight.
This cant be good for Boeing and about 20 related stocks this week.

#6487 3 years ago

ARKW

#6488 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Still developing...breaking news.
Boeing 737-500 from Indonesia has gone missing 45 minutes into flight.
This cant be good for Boeing and about 20 related stocks this week.

But a really old plane right? 26 years old or thereabouts from what I remember reading?

#6489 3 years ago

Be careful with Crypto. I got into ETH like 3 yrs ago. Bought..enough. The year it rocketed..similar to this. Was up to about 1100 / 1200 a coin. Then it started to slip. "Oh it wont go under 1000, it's just a correction". Then ..it kept dipping. Long story short - i sold it for a 1500 loss after holding it for 2 yrs because i wanted to get into a vaccine stock (thank god - made a killing and got more than my money back). I work in IT. Yes - it's a borderless/countryless, non tied, inflation proof (in theory - however it does seem to move with precious metals counter to the market I've noticed over the years) currency. But - it moves literally based on nothing. Supply demand a bit, some people with enough to manipulate the price. Easy to make money, but no indicators when you'll make it, or more importantly when you'll lose it. If it were me at this point..I'd day/week trade the shit outta it. Its foolish IMO to long hold crypto.

#6490 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

But a really old plane right? 26 years old or thereabouts from what I remember reading?

Correct- i dont think that old but not the Max.
However, all these went thru upgrades both in parts and software over past 3 years.
Saddened for the lose of life here, very unfortunate. Details of how it crashed will be key.

#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Correct, even Pinside uses Stripe. Shopify uses Stripe.
Stripe just came out with a product called Stripe Treasury that allows businesses to open interest bearing checking accounts as well. They will continue to disrupt the banking industry as well as PayPal and Square.
There are a ton of crap SPACs out there. I always avoid Chinese ones.
Where with a regular stock you invest in the company and it's products/services, I invest in a SPAC because of the team behind it. You are essentially co-investing with the people running the SPAC and trusting they will select and work a deal with a great company. That's why I'm so heavy in PSTH, Bill Ackman and the team he has selected to manage and serve on the board are very well qualified.
I truly believe this is the best SPAC ever created and has the most potential of any SPAC you'll see for a while.

Like most of SPAC pre-merger it is all speculation and hype based on mgmt team confidence. Stripe has been talked a lot but also flat out deniend by their CEO so it could be them or it could be something else (Bloomberg often comes up too)?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6492 3 years ago

I'm a big fan of DRIV right now, it includes Tesla, Nio and some other stocks that have been going up a lot.

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Like most of SPAC pre-merger it is all speculation and hype based on mgmt team confidence. Stripe has been talked a lot but also flat out deniend by their CEO so it could be them or it could be something else (Bloomberg often comes up too)?
[quoted image]

I wouldn't read too much into that, of course there's no deal (at the time). Pretty vague denial to be honest.

If it's Bloomberg I'd be fine with that too, but if it's Stripe I won't sell any shares for years.

#6495 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Exactly! Will not be there when I retire. Good thing I got my own retirement plan.

I am good also. At 49 I am part of the generation that currently doesn’t exist - Gen X. Articles constantly came out when I was younger “don’t rely on Social Security when you get older!” I took the message to heart and planned around this thinking.

SS needs to be disrupted and rewritten.

#6496 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

SS needs to be disrupted and rewritten.

There are already plans for that...LOL!

#6497 3 years ago

When Ackman fails he fails hard. With Herbalife and Valeant notably.

Buying a company isn’t like shorting the market during the Coronavirus which was a great trade but he also made outrageous claims like Hilton and Marriot were going to zero

Stripe is already valued over $100 Billion

No fees or incentives in this deal is a good thing and is prob the only Spac I would consider if it wasn’t for the current price you are paying $29 for a $20 CASH position + speculation

Original CASH price was $20 in August

The juice is already built in and I don’t particularly like the timing, especially beyond 2021

#6498 3 years ago

Anyone invest with robin hood? My account seems to be blank all my stocks are there, but invest are that shows money and buying power is literally a blank screen

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone invest with robin hood? My account seems to be blank all my stocks are there, but invest are that shows money and buying power is literally a blank screen

Try logging out and log back in. If you Always stay logged in and just use your pass code for access it can get wonky

#6500 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Try logging out and log back in. If you Always stay logged in and just use your pass code for access it can get wonky

did that. restarted phone. re downloaded app. Nothing works. cant even see my bank info or take out money

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/130?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.