IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 420.
#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Vix would be something I didn't think about - I also looked at DOG, I am wrong on timing too often to leverage a short.

Well, as long as Fed policy stays like it is, with an all in approach, and fiscal policy will still be a positive factor for markets, I’d use it sparingly

Tax policy is now the third leg of GDP growth that is uncertain

Divided government? Then S&P goes to 4200-4500 ish this year

And parts of “the market” will do much better!

Cramer says “there is always a bull market somewhere”.

#6352 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am about to sell my initial investment in Bitcoin and just ride the profits with 0 risk
bought in May and it's returned 256% since then
also done very with ETH

Epic!!!

#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, as long as Fed policy stays like it is, with an all in approach, and fiscal policy will still be a positive factor for markets, I’d use it sparingly
Tax policy is now the third leg of GDP growth that is uncertain
Divided government? Then S&P goes to 4200-4500 ish this year
And parts of “the market” will do much better!
Cramer says “there is always a bull market somewhere”.

Does the fed even have anything it can do at this point? Feels like the outgoing administration tapped that faucet dry.

#6354 3 years ago

I am about to sell my initial investment in Bitcoin and just ride the profits with 0 risk
bought in May and it's returned 256% since then
also done very with ETH

I’ve been holding on since 2017. Some of my coins are up over 1,300%. My only regret is that I didn’t put more into it.

I thought about selling about half of what I have, but I just think we are at the beginning of a huge run up.

There are transactions from 2 weeks ago that have doubled in value. It’s just getting a little crazy.

#6355 3 years ago

MARA RIOT HIVE all going strong. If BTC and ETH keep going I cant imagine what these will be worth in 6 months. Exciting times!

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I’ve been holding on since 2017. Some of my coins are up over 1,300%. My only regret is that I didn’t put more into it.
I thought about selling about half of what I have, but I just think we are at the beginning of a huge run up.
There are transactions from 2 weeks ago that have doubled in value. It’s just getting a little crazy.

What other altcoins have you dabbled in? I’m not a fan of most of them, but always interested to hear what people also find success in.

#6357 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What other altcoins have you dabbled in? I’m not a fan of most of them, but always interested to hear what people also find success in.

I hear XRP is a bargain these days!

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

My home run is LINK. If I had only bought more when I grabbed it at ~$0.50. It's trading at over $15 now. I've always believed in the project and still do.

Defi is the place to look right now. That sector has been killing it lately. You almost can't go wrong with any Defi token. Ether is never a bad investment. You have to remember that ERC-20 tokens rely on the Etherium network, so it's a very important part of the crypto "world".

I picked up some SNX (Synthetix) two weeks ago, which sounds like a very interesting project but there aren't a ton of assets locked up in that Defi protocol. Only about $2 billion. The token has doubled in the last 2 weeks though, so that's good.

There are also a few coins you can just buy, hold and accumulate staking rewards. No interaction necessary. Just let them sit on Coinbase and get back between 2 and 6% APY.

DAI - 2%
Tezos - 4.63%
Algorand - 6%
Cosmos - 5%

Just be aware, that it's a wild ride. You'll be up 20% one day and down 20% the next. I'm up 33.8% for the last week and 69.4% in the last 30 days. On the flip side, I've went to bed, woke up 8 hours later and been down 30%. So just be prepared.

#6359 3 years ago

you never buy enough of the winners
and too much of the losers

Changed my mind and going to let it all ride some more also.
My initial investment is not enough to effect me by taking it out.

#6360 3 years ago

you never buy enough of the winners
and too much of the losers
Changed my mind and going to let it all ride some more also.
My initial investment is not enough to effect me by taking it out.

HODL!

#6361 3 years ago

Max Keiser, “the guy who has accurately called bitcoin price again and again has made a $100 an oz silver prediction for 2021.” Predicts silver and gold will both do well.

#6362 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Max Keiser, “the guy who has accurately called bitcoin price again and again has made a $100 an oz silver prediction for 2021.” Predicts silver and gold will both do well.

Unfortunately today is not that day...

#6363 3 years ago

I thought BC and gold were basically the same idea of each other competing for the same money. Gold has been such a wash for so long now.

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I thought BC and gold were basically the same idea of each other competing for the same money. Gold has been such a wash for so long now.

GOLD is a very long play. Say 5 years.

#6365 3 years ago

Gold can still be manipulated due to the creation of paper contracts which far exceed the actual tonnage available to fulfill those contracts where bitcoin does not have this - yet... but supposedly Europe is tightening down the rules where they would have to hold 85% of contract value. If this happens, the massive shorts will have to unwind with huge upside potential.

#6366 3 years ago

I doubt silver will ever be $100. It is just so common. Mining can ramp up quickly to meet demand. Gold and platinum are a different story.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I doubt silver will ever be $100. It is just so common. Mining can ramp up quickly to meet demand. Gold and platinum are a different story.

mining can never ramp up quickly and supply is short. Just look at the premiums you have to pay for silver vs gold on actual metal.

#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There's essentially an infinite supply of all these metals in space, on asteroids and such. Eventually we'll be able to mine those and bring them back.

The asteroid Psyche alone is estimated to be worth $10 quintillion. Bringing a 140 mile diameter metal object to Earth might not be easy

#6369 3 years ago

AI is getting close to $110, perhaps time to buy or is the initial enthusiasm and excitement growing colder?

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Unfortunately today is not that day...

Sorry, I meant to say sometime in 2021. I don’t have a horse in this race, but will shortly to diversify a bit!

#6371 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Sorry, I meant to say sometime in 2021. I don’t have a horse in this race, but will shortly to diversify a bit!

good buy today - wish I would have waited a day to add to my positions. on a good note Barrick (GLD) is holding it's own even those gold is down. With it's leverage off the gold spot it should be down 6% to 10% today

#6372 3 years ago

The other play I'm thinking about is USL - oil may pop a bit this year.. Trying to play the commodities for a while.

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

AI is getting close to $110, perhaps time to buy or is the initial enthusiasm and excitement growing colder?

The later. Not touching this or PLTR until after lock up. Too much float out there on both, especially PLTR. PLTR will shake loose in February.

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

GOLD is a very long play. Say 5 years.

Two things... is 5 years considered a long play? I've watched gold on and off over the past 20 years, it's never been a better investment than the market and has often done pretty badly. I think of it only as a safe haven during a crash.

#6375 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Two things... is 5 years considered a long play? I've watched gold on and off over the past 20 years, it's never been a better investment than the market and has often done pretty badly. I think of it only as a safe haven during a crash.

I remember when stationed in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm 1991, I bought a bracelet for my wife 22K gold - they sold them by weight and it was around $350 an ounce.

#6376 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I remember when stationed in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm 1991, I bought a bracelet for my wife 22K gold - they sold them by weight and it was around $350 an ounce.

Perfect example, if you bought one ounce of gold there it would be worth $1900 today, 5.428 times it's value. While that's a nice profit, if you invested the same $350 in the Dow 1991 it would be worth $4,340 today, the Dow has gone up 12.4 times in value.

#6377 3 years ago

Man, I didn't expect the down day to only last a day...missed a buying opportunity.

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man, I didn't expect the down day to only last a day...missed a buying opportunity.

The Market liked the election results.

#6379 3 years ago

My home run is LINK. If I had only bought more when I grabbed it at ~$0.50. It's trading at over $15 now. I've always believed in the project and still do.
Defi is the place to look right now. That sector has been killing it lately. You almost can't go wrong with any Defi token. Ether is never a bad investment. You have to remember that ERC-20 tokens rely on the Etherium network, so it's a very important part of the crypto "world".
I picked up some SNX (Synthetix) two weeks ago, which sounds like a very interesting project but there aren't a ton of assets locked up in that Defi protocol. Only about $2 billion. The token has doubled in the last 2 weeks though, so that's good.
There are also a few coins you can just buy, hold and accumulate staking rewards. No interaction necessary. Just let them sit on Coinbase and get back between 2 and 6% APY.
DAI - 2%
Tezos - 4.63%
Algorand - 6%
Cosmos - 5%
Just be aware, that it's a wild ride. You'll be up 20% one day and down 20% the next. I'm up 33.8% for the last week and 69.4% in the last 30 days. On the flip side, I've went to bed, woke up 8 hours later and been down 30%. So just be prepared.

Not to sound ignorant, i know a little about bitcoin and its a household name, but how do these coins get used? What is driving the investment?

#6380 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not to sound ignorant, i know a little about bitcoin and its a household name, but how do these coins get used? What is driving the investment?

https://bitcoin.org/en/

#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The Market liked the election results.

Spoke too soon, back almost to where it was yesterday....for reasons we can't discuss, but WOW. It involves armed standoffs.

#6382 3 years ago

We have time to position accounts properly.

The result of the election should have minimal short term impact. The "markets" love the idea of massive trillion dollar Democratic stimulus and infrastructure spending.

The reality is that it's NOT like 2009 when the Dems had full control. The margins are so thin in both chambers there is gonna be a ton of bipartisan agreement needed.

Thus, plenty of time to adjust accordingly before the sugar high wears off. Still have "Don't fight the Fed" going until massive inflation hits.

I highly doubt they try and tackle tax hikes in the middle of a pandemic and US and Global recovery effort this year.

They will go for stimulus, infrastructure and Immigration reform and of course fixing the ACA before the Supreme court case hits this Spring.

As for Bitcoin and other digital currency, fwiw, i have several more clients today asking about Bitcoin. I have a Coinbase account

I like investing in the concept via Paypal, SQ, V, MA and the payment processors but as an investment as to where it goes from here? I'm all ears!

Btw, you see BANKS and financial taking off today as a result of endless printing of money and rising interest rates. Financial institutions will need to stock up eventually. The caveat is you know regulation is coming and the govt will hand out wins to the big boys via their lobbying efforts.

Some think topping 1% on the 10 yr treasury today is just a temporary stop on it's way to 3% this year

If that's true, invest accordingly?

If you are considering a new mortgage, consider it quickly?

#6383 3 years ago

Might want to check the news man.

BTW, BTC is showing to not be immune to this. Things appear to have hit a bottom for the moment. I gather it will depend on if this escalates more.

#6384 3 years ago

What impact do you think protestors storming the capital and getting all the way inside the senate chamber will have on the market? From a non-political stance of course.

Live feed below.

#6385 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What impact do you think protestors storming the capital and getting all the way inside the chamber will happen? From a non-political stance of course.
Live feed below.

ZERO impact. Think this past year.

#6386 3 years ago

Whether people believe in bitcoin or not it has a boat load of momentum. Countries around the world are buying bitcoin like crazy. Even the most out of touch people are asking about it. Whether you hate it or not the amount of $ pouring into bitcoin this year will be MASSIVE. Wouldn’t it make sense to have at least some exposure to it to catch that momentum and make a little or a lot of dough?

#6387 3 years ago

I don't think today's drama in DC will have any long term effects on the Markets. This is a few thousand conspiracy theorists rioting, they have zero influence on the economy. Sad day for our democracy for sure, but the Dow is up 1.47% right now and Crypto continues it's climb.

#6388 3 years ago

What do you guys think of litecoin?

#6389 3 years ago

Bit miner MARA up 50% since Monday. Its been a while since I have had that kind of growth.

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I don't think today's drama in DC will have any long term effects on the Markets. This is a few thousand conspiracy theorists rioting, they have zero influence on the economy. Sad day for our democracy for sure, but the Dow is up 1.47% right now and Crypto continues it's climb.

This rioting looked like total amateur hour compared to what we see all over, especially your state

It’s done. No market impact

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Whether people believe in bitcoin or not it has a boat load of momentum. Countries around the world are buying bitcoin like crazy. Even the most out of touch people are asking about it. Whether you hate it or not the amount of $ pouring into bitcoin this year will be MASSIVE. Wouldn’t it make sense to have at least some exposure to it to catch that momentum and make a little or a lot of dough?

I did by accident. I think people need to have a Coinbase type account for whatever use it becomes in the future

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I did by accident. I think people need to have a Coinbase type account for whatever use it becomes in the future

Agreed, I’d be scared to death to buy it on something like Robinhood etc. I used B-More Pinballs coinbase referral link and am very happy with the platform.

#6393 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Agreed, I’d be scared to death to buy it on something like Robinhood etc. I used B-More Pinballs coinbase referral link and am very happy with the platform.

Why would you be more scared to buy it on Robinhood? While you don't own a wallet, millions in money hasn't been known to mysteriously disappear there like it has on Coinbase multiple times as well as it doesn't suffer (mostly) from all the slowness and outages.

Serious question.

#6394 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This rioting looked like total amateur hour compared to what we see all over, especially your state
It’s done. No market impact

Nope, nothing like this has occurred in my state, nothing like this has happened in American history.

#6395 3 years ago

There's a thread for Bitcoin, take it over there! This one is about telling me what stocks to buy.

GimmeGimme

#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why would you be more scared to buy it on Robinhood? While you don't own a wallet, millions in money hasn't been known to mysteriously disappear there like it has on Coinbase multiple times as well as it doesn't suffer (mostly) from all the slowness and outages.
Serious question.

hackers are paying premiums for people’s robinhood info because it’s one of the easiest platforms to hack and the customer service is horrible without even a number to call if you’ve been hacked.

#6397 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

hackers are paying premiums for people’s robinhood info because it’s one of the easiest platforms to hack and the customer service is horrible without even a number to call if you’ve been hacked.

I’m definitely all ears if there is a safer alternative available, lord knows I don’t want to lose my crypto.

#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nope, nothing like this has occurred in my state, nothing like this has happened in American history.

Lol. Ok

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Coinbase is over the top secure to the point it’s a bit annoying BUT I guess that’s good

#6400 3 years ago

I've used Coinbase and Binance for about 4 years and never experienced any security problems. I'm sure Paypal's new Crypto services are super safe too, but they are limited to 4 most common coins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/128?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.