Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 421.
#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Pretty much sums up my abnb opinion (I’m gonna get priced out before I even get in the door):
“This leaves me on the sidelines for this IPO for now. Had my brother been able to subscribe to the offering, even at the increased price, I would have suggested he invest, in part to get experience of public markets (his is mostly private niche markets and real estate) and in part because it's not a ridiculous price for a company with an exciting future. But with a likely pop and this sort of market, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to stomach participating.”
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4393805-airbnb-is-bound-to-be-exciting-trip-no-bargain

Indicating to open above $140. Yep, I’m priced out.

#6052 3 years ago

MAC was trading at $6.92 on Nov 6th. Now it's $12

SPG was trading at $63.47 on Nov 5th. Now it's $90

CCL was trading at $13.34 on Nov 4th. Now it's $22.53

Funny thing is aside from Door Dash, BIGC and AI these returns are pretty phenomenal.

For the "trading crowd".

Barbell approach folks.

Boom boom!

#6053 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I don't follow U so don't have enough to formulate an opinion.
When are you and I going to hop on that call we discussed? With all of the AI and Data companies going to hit the street we need to get you hip to what is coming down the pipe.

I need to do that because the field is getting crowded!!! This weekend i'm going to call you.

#6054 3 years ago

Here is how absurd the ipo market is.

Air BNB priced the offering at $68. That is what THEY think it's worth. The CFO and accounting team. And you know that number is high.

Now we investors are coming in and saying you insiders are wrong! It's worth 2.5 times that from the opening.

Lol.

It worries me a bit, the herd piling into these name mindlessly.

Buy when others are fearful and sell when the greed factor is off the charts.

#6055 3 years ago

Btw, that "rotation trade" didn't last long did it.

Buy on dip trade is in FULL SWING.

Just saying for you traders. FSLY opened at $90, popped to $98. You know what's coming pre earnings.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4387027-fastlys-share-price-implosion-significant-opportunity

#6056 3 years ago

AI +$30 today. Where are the traders!

At least you have a great long term potential if you get stuck on a dip.

Buy this or Air BNB, you better have the conviction to buy again when it drops.

I saw the interview of the CEO for Air BNB. I like how he restructured the company and refocused it during Covid.

#6057 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

AI +$30 today. Where are the traders!
At least you have a great long term potential if you get stuck on a dip.
Buy this or Air BNB, you better have the conviction to buy again when it drops.
I saw the interview of the CEO for Air BNB. I like how he restructured the company and refocused it during Covid.

Bought ai at 99 and sold at 109 yesterday. Bought again at 99 and sold at 119 today. Waiting for abnb to open today. Short term trades.

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Bought ai at 99 and sold at 109 yesterday. Bought again at 99 and sold at 119 today. Waiting for abnb to open today. Short term trades.

Missed AI this morning, i blinked and it shot up 20. Seconds from pushing button. Damnit.

#6059 3 years ago

I had a small position in AI that I bought yesterday an sold this morning a little too early. Left some on the table but nice gain none the less

#6060 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is how absurd the ipo market is.
Air BNB priced the offering at $68. That is what THEY think it's worth. The CFO and accounting team. And you know that number is high.
Now we investors are coming in and saying you insiders are wrong! It's worth 2.5 times that from the opening.
Lol.
It worries me a bit, the herd piling into these name mindlessly.
Buy when others are fearful and sell when the greed factor is off the charts.

These IPOs are so frothy. Does you concern for the new kids extend to any of the older guard tech winners? As in, if they get kicked in the nuts will they take down others with them?

#6061 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

These IPOs are so frothy. Does you concern for the new kids extend to any of the older guard tech winners? As in, if they get kicked in the nuts will they take down others with them?

I’m hoping for a little nut kicker. I’m ready to buy on a dip.

I’m buying more AMZN now

And adding more FVRR!

$110 is my back up the truck price on Apple

#6062 3 years ago

Allright. Bought 100 shares af abnb at $146. Let's see where this goes.

And... sold for 145.41. Too rich at the moment to hold

#6063 3 years ago

Allright. Bought 100 shares af abnb at $146. Let's see where this goes.

Same here. I bought @ $149.

It's @ $163 now

#6064 3 years ago

These euphoric IPO’s have me humming ‘we’re going to party like it’s 1999’....

Hope the party lasts longer than it did 20 years ago.

What a helluv a way to end 2020... go go go

Good luck to all.

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Same here. I bought @ $149.
It's @ $163 now

Sold mine at $159 shortly after I posted. Took the profit and ran.

#6066 3 years ago

Anybody following MAXR - bought this little gem in May for about $10

#6067 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Anybody following MAXR - bought this little gem in May for about $10

I had been following but abandoned after their last satellite launch was a complete fail and the stock plummeted as a result. There was a short report released around the same time which added salt to investor wounds.

#6068 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

I had been following but abandoned after their last satellite launch was a complete fail and the stock plummeted as a result. There was a short report released around the same time which added salt to investor wounds.

When was that - because it's been going up past $30 since I bought it including a 6%+ bump today hitting it's 52 week high

#6069 3 years ago

When was that - because it's been going up past $30 since I bought it including a 6%+ bump today hitting it's 52 week high

#6070 3 years ago

ahh ... guess I got in at the right time cause it's been on a run since this summer

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m hoping for a little nut kicker. I’m ready to buy on a dip.
I’m buying more AMZN now
And adding more FVRR!
$110 is my back up the truck price on Apple

I was in a conversation the other day revolving around - next time when AMZN announces another solid earnings they also add in - a 15-1 stock split is coming in 4 weeks.

Why would they not do this? Am I missing something?

#6072 3 years ago

ahh ... guess I got in at the right time cause it's been on a run since this summer

Yes they have! Hope their future satellites aren’t billion dollar space junk for future investors.

#6073 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I was in a conversation the other day revolving around - next time when AMZN announces another solid earnings they also add in - a 15-1 stock split is coming in 4 weeks.

Is this speculation or real? They should split definitely.

#6074 3 years ago

C3.AI was an excellent trading day. Buy/sell/buy/sell/buy sell. Day traders paradise! Stock was $96.0 at open and climbing all sorts of dollar levels till it
peaked at $131. Then it fell and rose, fell and rose. Was crazy.

#6075 3 years ago

Split is coming, just a matter of when. Follow in Apple footsteps. More retail investors. More share liquidity.

Let's put JMIA JUMIA on the radar screen. Andres added it but i waited. Like to see it get back below $30 again.

#6076 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MAC was trading at $6.92 on Nov 6th. Now it's $12

Damn Iceman at $6 it was a steal. There book value is north of $16 per share. It's selling at $12. What's a reasonable exit price? Do you see it going back to $20-$30, precovid panic pricing?

#6077 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Damn Iceman at $6 it was a steal. There book value is north of $16 per share. It's selling at $12. What's a reasonable exit price? Do you see it going back to $20-$30, precovid panic pricing?

I got some in the $7’s and my average is low $8’s. Yield is terrible for an REIT though at sub-5%. I know they cut it. I’ve got almost 400 shares and have enjoyed the gains. If they bump that up it will increase in price too. I guess we will see what they do in the future.

I’m going to shift back into buying a few other REITs before they are fully recovered to lock in the best yield I can.

#6078 3 years ago

Disney up 14% today.

#6079 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Disney up 14% today.

I have some DIS left over from my comeback buys late May that I bought and didn’t purge early June when they got way too hot. DIS was the only one I kept. Nice to see an old guard company going up compared to all these companies bleeding money going up 100% on IPO days. I am keeping my old guard companies AAPL AMZN FB even though they have been quiet lately. A good backbone to any portfolio and I feel their time will come like DIS did and maybe sooner than you think with some sector rotation tapping the breaks on the weed EV tech health high flyers to the old Guard. Early 2021? We will see.

#6080 3 years ago

I have some DIS left over from my comeback buys late May that I bought and didn’t purge early June when they got way too hot. DIS was the only one I kept. Nice to see an old guard company going up compared to all these companies bleeding money going up 100% on IPO days. I am keeping my old guard companies AAPL AMZN FB even though they have been quiet lately. A good backbone to any portfolio and I feel their time will come like DIS did and maybe sooner than you think with some sector rotation tapping the breaks on the weed EV tech health high flyers to the old Guard. Early 2021? We will see.

I would expect to see a relatively big pop when DIS announce the CALIF park opening... later in the spring. After a year without, the general public will max out their capacity daily once opens... printing money all along the way. That means the next 100 days are pure spec on life after COVID for DIS. (I am holding DIS long and short)

#6081 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I'm out at $18-$20 and be good with it. SPG is coming. Space is being repurposed all over the country and SPG is leading the way. E-commerce with buying brands, Amazon etc.

MAC is in really good position no matter what happens and we KNOW vaccines are on the way.

The people that think Malls/entertainment destinations are finished are crazy!

Amazon or anyone else for that matter can't buy dirt and build new for the sq ft. pricing that MAC or other REITs could liquidate for AND in the worst case scenario much of their debt is "non recourse". They have some AAA properties, hence the "speculative strong buy" rating from Brad Thomas.

In other words, don't take my word for it. And i've studied their balance sheet and debt scenarios from work others have done.

Finally, when big operator/investor bought in at $7.50 recently, a steal, that was the foundation point for paving the way to the future.

#6082 3 years ago

On another note. I'm buying NET, Cloudflare and adding to my FSLY in that "crowded field".

One thing i learned long ago is don't fall for "well have i already missed the boat, the stock has already gone up so much". They usually go up MUCH higher.

Motley Fool taught me that and continues to remind me!

P/E is only one factor and more important for mature established companies.

As for DIS, loaded up back in the 90's range

So easy to call that one. Disney plus is worth the entire valuation, you get the rest for free.

It's still a BUY, long ways to go on Subs and content, every parent with kids in the world will subscribe AND THEN they just said they will develop other great content, like Netflix for adults, and coming from the greatest content developer in history i'll take that bet!

#6083 3 years ago

Disney made my week. I wasn’t expecting that.

#6084 3 years ago

Congress needs to pass the stimulus please.

#6085 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm out at $18-$20 and be good with it. SPG is coming. Space is being repurposed all over the country and SPG is leading the way. E-commerce with buying brands, Amazon etc.
MAC is in really good position no matter what happens and we KNOW vaccines are on the way.
The people that think Malls/entertainment destinations are finished are crazy!
Amazon or anyone else for that matter can't buy dirt and build new for the sq ft. pricing that MAC or other REITs could liquidate for AND in the worst case scenario much of their debt is "non recourse". They have some AAA properties, hence the "speculative strong buy" rating from Brad Thomas.
In other words, don't take my word for it. And i've studied their balance sheet and debt scenarios from work others have done.
Finally, when big operator/investor bought in at $7.50 recently, a steal, that was the foundation point for paving the way to the future.

Question about REIT’s, my understanding is that they pay a monthly dividend that’s taxed considerably higher than a normal dividend ex. IBM. If a person has REIT’s in the same portfolio as other standard dividend paying stocks is the entire portfolios dividends taxed at that higher rate or do the standard stocks dividends still get taxed at 15% and the REIT’s the higher percent? Seems like it would make sense to hold REITS in Roth and simple Ira’s and keep them out of standard cash accounts like Robinhood webull etc for tax purposes.

#6086 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Question about REIT’s, my understanding is that they pay a monthly dividend that’s taxed considerably higher than a normal dividend ex. IBM. If a person has REIT’s in the same portfolio as other standard dividend paying stocks is the entire portfolios dividends taxed at that higher rate or do the standard stocks dividends still get taxed at 15% and the REIT’s the higher percent? Seems like it would make sense to hold REITS in Roth and simple Ira’s and keep them out of standard cash accounts like Robinhood webull etc for tax purposes.

Here is a good math summary of REIT's

Theoretically you get MORE return, they have to pay out at least 90% of income and don't have to pay corporate income tax like typical "qualified dividends" that come from let's say an Apple stock would be capital gains rate BUT you still have to meet the long term holding period.

"Example of Unitholder Tax Calculation
An investor buys a REIT currently trading at $20 per unit. The REIT generates $2 per unit from operations and distributes 90% (or $1.80) to unitholders. Of this, $1.20 of the dividend comes from earnings. The remaining $0.60 comes from depreciation and other expenses and is considered a nontaxable return of capital.

The investor would pay ordinary income taxes on the $1.20 in the year in which it was received. Meanwhile, the investor's cost basis is reduced by $0.60 to $19.40 per share. As stated previously, this reduction in basis will be taxed as a either long- or short-term gain or loss when the units are sold."

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pf/08/reit-tax.asp

#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Theoretically you get MORE return, they have to pay out at least 90% of income and don't have to pay corporate income tax like typical "qualified dividends" that come from let's say an Apple stock would be capital gains rate BUT you still have to meet the long term holding period.
An investor buys a REIT currently trading at $20 per unit. The REIT generates $2 per unit from operations and distributes 90% (or $1.80) to unitholders. Of this, $1.20 of the dividend comes from earnings. The remaining $0.60 comes from depreciation and other expenses and is considered a nontaxable return of capital.
The investor would pay ordinary income taxes on the $1.20 in the year in which it was received. Meanwhile, the investor's cost basis is reduced by $0.60 to $19.40 per share. As stated previously, this reduction in basis will be taxed as a either long- or short-term gain or loss when the units are sold."

That makes sense, thank you!

#6088 3 years ago

Ok we got the announcement that Pfizer’s vaccine was approved for emergency use. So the affect of that announcement has on the market on Monday should be interesting.

#6089 3 years ago

Placed another Precious Metals order yesterday, shipped within the hour,
Looking forward to buying more Gram-sized Gold. Premioum price but this is the size you will need to purchase Staples.
So many 1 Ounce Gold coins were divied up in chunks with side nippers backi in the day.
1 Gram, 10th Ounce, 1/4 Ounce coins, thats where its at with Gold.
You don't want to be haggling and not have change.

#6090 3 years ago

Thank you, Fed...

Wish we’d just dump the Federal Reserve again. We did fine for over 100 years without it. Since they rechartered it back in the early part of the 1900s we’ve had more financial crashes and panics every decade than the US had for the entire century without any central reserve.

635EFB8F-FC20-4988-8F00-A86CDBD9136B.jpeg635EFB8F-FC20-4988-8F00-A86CDBD9136B.jpeg

Buy gold and crypto. Fiat is dead.

#6091 3 years ago

Jefferies just instituted coverage on RKT with a PT of $27.50. Additionally, a bunch of institutional buying has happened here recently with Morgan Stanley disclosing a new 33.94M investment. Should help this rise.

https://www.tickerreport.com/banking-finance/6832736/morgan-stanley-makes-new-33-94-million-investment-in-rocket-companies-inc-nyserkt.html

#6092 3 years ago

Let's see if this can happen 3 times. Just bought AI shares at 114... sell order in for 124.4.

#6093 3 years ago

Let's see if this can happen 3 times. Just bought AI shares at 114... sell order in for 124.4.

I dont know.
Ive bought and sold ZM apparently to much.
Now im stuck on a very long hold.
Note, i never sell on this big of lose.

#6094 3 years ago

I used to buy and sell the same stock 4-5 times. I make money the first 3-4 times but then Im usually stuck with a long hold or double down. Just when you think you found a pattern the market changes

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I used to buy and sell the same stock 4-5 times. I make money the first 3-4 times but then Im usually stuck with a long hold or double down. Just when you think you found a pattern the market changes

I was going to post the same thing. Usually around the third try at the same trade it goes against you. I'm bad about holding the losing trade. I'll win 9 trades, then lose enough on the one loss to wipe out the 9 gains.

#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I was going to post the same thing. Usually around the third try at the same trade it goes against you. I'm bad about holding the losing trade. I'll win 9 trades, then lose enough on the one loss to wipe out the 9 gains.

sage advice. Same here but not any more Its called the Greater Fool theory and the fool used to be me My account is at an all time high....

#6097 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Jefferies just instituted coverage on RKT with a PT of $27.50. Additionally, a bunch of institutional buying has happened here recently with Morgan Stanley disclosing a new 33.94M investment. Should help this rise.
https://www.tickerreport.com/banking-finance/6832736/morgan-stanley-makes-new-33-94-million-investment-in-rocket-companies-inc-nyserkt.html

I think it's a solid long term hold if you got in under low $20ish

#6098 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Speaking of REITs DLR is an interesting one

#6099 3 years ago

DLR stock has been a slow ride up and to the right, but under big pressure for the past 60 days... price now about the same as it was 2+ years ago. That said, they are in the sweet spot of the 'cloud' and the 'internet'. They own the buildings that power the internet. In the old days, banks and airlines and every other company built their own data centers. Now those companies just call up DLR (or anyone of a dozen other big suppliers) and essentially 'lease' that space long term. They can move in in months instead of waiting for new data centers to be built (waiting years).

Data center REITS are surely worth considering... but they are long games, up and to the right...

#6100 3 years ago

I got in at $110 today. But it is a slow kill today. Lots of stocks down. This one will bounce eventually when the market recovers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/122?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.