200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 420.
#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

DoorDash priced their IPO at $102/share, valuing the company at 32.4B. My response:
[quoted image]

Yeah, Door Dash has the same value as the global assets, cash and goodwill of The Ford Motor Company.

#6004 3 years ago

My guy is Jussi from High Yield Landlord and he has always liked MAC. I bought more MAC last week at 10.40. The price made me buy more. I sold off part of my SPG at $94 Friday afternoon. I would buy MAC over SPG at this point. MAC has more meat left on the bone I feel. I own both though. All part of the comeback plan.

Jussi from seeking alpha.

#6005 3 years ago

PLUG has been a big winner for me 3 times. I just pick it up on dips and wait for news

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My guy is Jussi from High Yield Landlord and he has always liked MAC. I bought more MAC last week at 10.40. The price made me buy more. I sold off part of my SPG at $94 Friday afternoon. I would buy MAC over SPG at this point. MAC has more meat left on the bone I feel. I own both though. All part of the comeback plan.

Totally off topic, but your guy Jussi must have Finnish origin. The country with best bread in the world! On topic, I’ve been sitting on MAC a while and glad to see the recent gains. Perhaps I should get some more

DE85B1C2-F5C0-4845-87AD-FDCE574C8BFE (resized).jpegDE85B1C2-F5C0-4845-87AD-FDCE574C8BFE (resized).jpeg
#6007 3 years ago

MAC is either setting up for a breakout of a 4 year(!) downtrend, or is like catching a falling knife. Pick your poison.

mac (resized).pngmac (resized).png
#6008 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

MAC is either setting up for a breakout of a 4 year(!) downtrend, or is like catching a falling knife. Pick your poison.
[quoted image]

Was just at my local mall today, even more stores pulling out. 2 of the anchor jewelry stores are leaving by the end of January. The mall is already bleeding, this next round of closing is gonna kill them.

I hate to speculate because it changes at the drop of a hat, but my cousin who works for the county DPW and mall management (MAC) said they’re preparing for a new set of severe lockdowns in New York, should start the 18th.

I know Ice keeps saying MAC but out of all the property companies they’re probably in one of the shittiest positions. Even Pyramid is doing better than them.

#6009 3 years ago
#6010 3 years ago

I was getting ready to post the same article. I saw it last night. I sold my Tanger last week, but still glad to see it's not on there. It doesn't have as much risk from big anchor stores.

#6011 3 years ago

Good let's get MAC below $10 again so I can buy more.

#6012 3 years ago

Some interesting action in RKT past 2 days and in the premarket. We will see what happens. Still have 3,750 shares in tranches ranging from 18-24, and rang the register in the 30's. Still bullish on this company and I think Rocket Auto is going to be a winner! As for the bears...

hulk-throws-bear.gifhulk-throws-bear.gif
#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

[quoted image]

I think you are missing the real story which is short term investing in this one. Although MAC was trending down before the pandemic, it artificially fell off a cliff when the pandemic hit. It has lots of room for a partial recovery despite the fact that it will likely end up long term not being in great shape.
Capturemac (resized).JPGCapturemac (resized).JPG

#6014 3 years ago

Pretty much sums up my abnb opinion (I’m gonna get priced out before I even get in the door):

“This leaves me on the sidelines for this IPO for now. Had my brother been able to subscribe to the offering, even at the increased price, I would have suggested he invest, in part to get experience of public markets (his is mostly private niche markets and real estate) and in part because it's not a ridiculous price for a company with an exciting future. But with a likely pop and this sort of market, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to stomach participating.”

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4393805-airbnb-is-bound-to-be-exciting-trip-no-bargain

#6015 3 years ago

Anybody think Ciena (CIEN) is a buy now?

Capturecien (resized).JPGCapturecien (resized).JPG
#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Set to start trading Wednesday, mid-30's, Symbol: AI

Ameritrade is showing this IPO as starting off at $42 a share and starts selling at some time today. Anybody going to jump in or wait for the IPO dust to settle?

#6017 3 years ago

I dont get zoom crashing.
Does America think this is over and everyone is going back to work?
Going to take 18 mo to distribute vaccine just in USA.

#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It is what a 5 bagger in less than a year? I think there’s your answer.

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Ameritrade is showing this IPO as starting off at $42 a share and starts selling at some time today. Anybody going to jump in or wait for the IPO dust to settle?

I believe the fundementals of AI are valueable, and the CEO/leadership of C3 is recognized and demonstrated as being a fortune builder. While it might wobble from $42 a bit first few days, I believe it is an $80 by end of 2021 or sooner. I won't be worried too much about finding the bottom...

#6020 3 years ago

I believe the fundementals of AI are valueable, and the CEO/leadership of C3 is recognized and demonstrated as being a fortune builder. While it might wobble from $42 a bit first few days, I believe it is an $80 by end of 2021 or sooner. I won't be worried too much about finding the bottom...

Sold some PINS to raise funds for this and (possibly) AIRBNB. When will it trade on the market?

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Vanguard is showing it with a bid of 62, ask of 65. Don't think you're going to get it anywhere near the IPO.

#6022 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

China receiving information transmitted on Zoom hasn't been resolved. Privacy is becoming an important issue again. Expect Apple to introduce competition.

#6023 3 years ago

Why? Short term noise. I love these articles! Do the work to really understand these REIT's and what it's going to look like once we get to the destination!

That article doesn't even mentioned the SPG purchase of Taubman finalizing. Very F ing weak!!!

Do you know how many bankruptcy articles have been written about the cruise lines? Tik tok.

Keep buying that Rocket Greatest housing market in 30 years per Toll Brothers. Raised prices 5 times this year and all of the homebuilders went down on earnings this week. Blowout earnings that is. Tepid forecast.

Just bought another 50,000 shares of MAC

AI next

Btw, TTD and SE are fresh off new all time highs folks and PINS is consolidating for another run

BOOM BOOM

#6024 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Vanguard is showing it with a bid of 62, ask of 65. Don't think you're going to get it anywhere near the IPO.

Now 78-81

#6025 3 years ago

I lowered what I am looking to buy on this. Very rich at this level.

#6026 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? Short term noise. I love these articles! Do the work to really understand these REIT's and what it's going to look like once we get to the destination!
That article doesn't even mentioned the SPG purchase of Taubman finalizing. Very F ing weak!!!
Do you know how many bankruptcy articles have been written about the cruise lines? Tik tok.
Keep buying that Rocket Greatest housing market in 30 years per Toll Brothers. Raised prices 5 times this year and all of the homebuilders went down on earnings this week. Blowout earnings that is. Tepid forecast.
Just bought another 50,000 shares of MAC
AI next
Btw, TTD and SE are fresh off new all time highs folks and PINS is consolidating for another run
BOOM BOOM

Come on Ice, let's get real about MAC. You are buying enough shares where it makes sense because you are getting economies of scale. Most of the folks on this forum are trading around the edges of MAC. Nothing wrong with that at all, but they do not have the leverage that you have on MAC. I think they are in a world of hurt coming up after Christmas with anchor stores closing. Doesn't matter that vaccines are coming out in June, some of these tenants are not going to last that long. You are going to have a lot of pop up stores filling space for cheaper rates, which is not good for MAC. The retail shopping experience is being fundamentally changed forever due to this pandemic.

I am playing with house money on RKT because I sold out in the 30's, covering what I got. I am confident on what I see in RKT.

#6027 3 years ago

AI is pricing between 84 and 87. Silly. I have a day order in at 80 but will not chase this. They were. Good buy up until 50 but this is ridiculous. Business is too lumpy at this valuation.

#6028 3 years ago

Can’t justify AI at 100. Congrats to those that got in lower.

#6029 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I lowered what I am looking to buy on this. Very rich at this level.

Quoted from DBLM:

AI is pricing between 84 and 87. Silly. I have a day order in at 80 but will not chase this. They were. Good buy up until 50 but this is ridiculous. Business is too lumpy at this valuation.

My dumb butt just bought 100 shares at $99 each of AI. I have a sell order in for $109. Too rich for a long term trade but it's volatile as all get go at this exact moment.

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My dumb butt just bought 100 shares at $99 each of AI. I have a sell order in for $109. Too rich for a long term trade but it's volatile as all get go at this exact moment.

Congrats! I canceled my day order at 80 because that would have meant this thing dropped 20% and would be going fast in the wrong direction. I will revisit this stock later but I am not as high on this as I am PLTR based upon what I know they are doing in the federal space. Probably fine for a trade now, and maybe a longer term hold in the future at a different valuation.

#6031 3 years ago

Quoted from DBLM:

Congrats! I canceled my day order at 80 because that would have meant this thing dropped 20% and would be going fast in the wrong direction. I will revisit this stock later but I am not as high on this as I am PLTR based upon what I know they are doing in the federal space. Probably fine for a trade now, and maybe a longer term hold in the future at a different valuation.

Whelp... That took about 45 minutes. Easy $1000.

On a side note, DASH is now trading on the exchange... AT $187!

May make another go at it if AI dips under $99.

#6032 3 years ago

All public transactions registered today are between 95 and 115. I would think that anyone that got in at the lower end should feel very successful, and even more so as the year progresses. My opinion is AI is not a hotbox 100 person startup with a trick pony and a whiz kid ceo. It is a solid foundation to capitalize on artifical intelligence en masse for corporates. Tom Seibel is a name brand. My thought is I would hold it if I have it...

#6033 3 years ago

Whelp... That took about 45 minutes. Easy $1000.
On a side note, DASH is now trading on the exchange... AT $187!
May make another go at it if AI dips under $99.

All public transactions registered today are between 95 and 115. I would think that anyone that got in at the lower end should feel very successful, and even more so as the year progresses. My opinion is AI is not a hotbox 100 person startup with a trick pony and a whiz kid ceo. It is a solid foundation to capitalize on artifical intelligence en masse for corporates. Tom Seibel is a name brand. My thought is I would hold it if I have it...

In on 100 shares at 99$ again. Lets see $109 again!

#6034 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Come on Ice, let's get real about MAC. You are buying enough shares where it makes sense because you are getting economies of scale. Most of the folks on this forum are trading around the edges of MAC. Nothing wrong with that at all, but they do not have the leverage that you have on MAC. I think they are in a world of hurt coming up after Christmas with anchor stores closing. Doesn't matter that vaccines are coming out in June, some of these tenants are not going to last that long. You are going to have a lot of pop up stores filling space for cheaper rates, which is not good for MAC. The retail shopping experience is being fundamentally changed forever due to this pandemic.
I am playing with house money on RKT because I sold out in the 30's, covering what I got. I am confident on what I see in RKT.

My problem with RKT is there are so many other better options imho to deploy the $$$.

You are missing the story on MAC. It's a whole lot more than "retail stores". Watch it happen! It's that thinking that keeps the opportunity still relatively good versus the overall market.

Read this article again to fully understand the "speculative strong buy"

But MAC is not a stock for this trading MOMO crowd anyhow.

https://seekingalpha.com/research/330973-brad-thomas/5530162-macerich-upgrade-to-spec-strong-buy

Again, this is just a short term trade for me.

Good luck on RKT COOP is a better value and i just believe, like the homebuilders, the sale of widgets is already baked in. Would never own either long term and if it's a short term trade i'm going elsewhere.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4308787-mr-cooper-group-growing-mortgage-giant-never-heard-of

#6035 3 years ago

Ok, no AI at this point i think. Was hoping to get it much lower.

Door Dash now way. AI i'd like to own.

#6036 3 years ago

Just started reading this awesome thread and want to get a little more active with trading. This group has gotten me excited!

Just curious how many stocks in your portfolio that you are actively trading? Less than 5? More than 10? I understand it may also be a function of available funds.

#6037 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My problem with RKT is there are so many other better options imho to deploy the $$$.
You are missing the story on MAC. It's a whole lot more than "retail stores". Watch it happen! It's that thinking that keeps the opportunity still relatively good versus the overall market.
Read this article again to fully understand the "speculative strong buy"
https://seekingalpha.com/research/330973-brad-thomas/5530162-macerich-upgrade-to-spec-strong-buy
Again, this is just a short term trade for me.
Good luck on RKT COOP is a better value and i just believe, like the homebuilders, the sale of widgets is already baked in. Would never own either long term and if it's a short term trade i'm going elsewhere.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4308787-mr-cooper-group-growing-mortgage-giant-never-heard-of

We will just agree to disagree. MAC does not fit into what I am looking for right now.

Not saying RKT right now is the greatest stock. That period of time was when I was trading it. But, I think it has great upside.

Plenty of ways to make money in this market. Got to just pick what is right for you.

#6038 3 years ago

Market taking a needed pull back. Was getting way to hot. Stimulus package would turn it back around

#6039 3 years ago

C3.AI is a great company with a tremendous pedigree that is way over valued at these levels. They are having lumpy revenue issues, which is always tough. I am very happy for my friends that work there and hope they made a mint. Based upon what I know, I am more interested in the 70-80 range. You can probably trade it around a little at these levels but it is high.

My pure-play analytics/data plays for companies that are publicly traded right now in order would be:

Salesforce
Palantir
MongoDB
Elastic
C3.AI
Splunk

You are going to see a ton of AI/data companies hit next year. Pick your targets and ranges now.

#6040 3 years ago

Fwiw Andras is on HALO again today on sell off.

For the traders

#6041 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

C3.AI is a great company with a tremendous pedigree that is way over valued at these levels. They are having lumpy revenue issues, which is always tough. I am very happy for my friends that work there and hope they made a mint. Based upon what I know, I am more interested in the 70-80 range. You can probably trade it around a little at these levels but it is high.
My pure-play analytics/data plays for companies that are publicly traded right now in order would be:
Salesforce
Palantir
MongoDB
Elastic
C3.AI
Splunk
You are going to see a ton of AI/data companies hit next year. Pick your targets and ranges now.

I’ve owned Splunk and Mongo since their ipos

Holds for my clients

I love CRM and Benioff and will use the recent sell of to add this stalwart

Palantir? Oh yeah! Put that Rocket $$ there

AI run up is disappointing but let’s see if it pulls back or when it does

What’s your take on Unity software. U

#6042 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve owned Splunk and Mongo since their ipos
Holds for my clients
I love CRM and Benioff and will use the recent sell of to add this stalwart
Palantir? Oh yeah! Put that Rocket $$ there
AI run up is disappointing but let’s see if it pulls back or when it does
What’s your take on Unity software. U

I don't follow U so don't have enough to formulate an opinion.

When are you and I going to hop on that call we discussed? With all of the AI and Data companies going to hit the street we need to get you hip to what is coming down the pipe.

#6043 3 years ago

Tesla off 10% today. Start of a consolidation or dip and opportunity to pick up shares?

#6044 3 years ago

You know what’s funny? This CNBC article was written by the Daughter of the guy who Iceman posted the strong buy on MAC - Brad Thomas. FU Dad! Lol

I am serious on this. The credit of SPG went from what A to A- ? Right?

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Tesla off 10% today. Start of a consolidation or dip and opportunity to pick up shares?

Seems like the way Tesla moves it consolidates, consolidates, slowly moves lower, then blasts off like a rocket lol. The downward move may have had something to do with starship exploding on landing. It was just a test launch and everything went well except for the last bit. Space x performance does seem to have influence on Tesla’s stock, it shouldn’t but it does.

#6046 3 years ago

Haven't popped in here for a while !!! Hope you guys have been crushing the market and making tons of cash.

Anyone in PSTH or have been playing the SPAC market?

I'm very deep in PSTH right now, which is Bill Ackman's SPAC. It's the largest of it's kind, it's essentially a blank check fund looking to acquire a "mature unicorn" of a private company so they can go public.

Traditional SPACs are $10 NAV, but this is the largest SPAC to date at $20 NAV. Essentially that means there is a floor at $20.. your shares will always be worth $20 no matter what, so that price your maximum loss. When the merger with the new company happens, this will change - but assuming it's a company like Stripe, Robinhood, Chik Fil A, etc... It's going much higher.

I've been in for a few months since $22 and mostly trading out of the money covered calls on it while I wait for the letter of intent and announcement of the company they have targeted. I believe it will be a 50-70% gainer in the next few months when the target is announced.

If you haven't heard of it, I recommend doing your due diligence on it. I truly believe it's one of the best investments out there as well, and very low risk.

Also, there is a bonus. If you hold through the merger, you will receive 2 warrants (currently around $8-9 last time I checked) per 9 shares you own. So if you own 9K shares, you'll get 2K warrants. Those warrants can be sold outright, or you can redeem them to purchase shares for $23 no matter what the value is of the stock.

Happy Holidays guys !

#6047 3 years ago
BB2C76EB-77AC-4610-9E3F-616FB64E4300 (resized).pngBB2C76EB-77AC-4610-9E3F-616FB64E4300 (resized).png
#6048 3 years ago

ASAN on anybody's radar?

Got in yesterday with a 1/2 position at $27.34
Was going to watch it for a few weeks and buy the rest of my position but it's up 14%+ in premarket

#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Jussi from seeking alpha.

Brad and Jussi are my two Reit guys!

Phenomenal research

Brad has a great tracker that breaks down the entire sector and various sub sectors

#6050 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Brad and Jussi are my two Reit guys!
Phenomenal research
Brad has a great tracker that breaks down the entire sector and various sub sectors

Wasn't Brad screaming to buy Tanger for years from 40 all the way down to single digits? He's been ridiculed for that forever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 20,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/121?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.