Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 421.
#5851 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The make without a doubt the best potato chip ever [quoted image]

and these,
but if you have not, look into the company and the number of brands they own including the most recent acquisition

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5852 3 years ago

Love their cheese balls. I make trips to Walmart to get stuff I can’t get at Safeway and those are on the small list.

Have no idea how the name of the brand is supposed to be said.

#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The make without a doubt the best potato chip ever [quoted image]

Wrong! Herr’s makes the original Old Bay crab chips

#5854 3 years ago

Bitcoin +3.69% rose on reports that demand from Square (SQ) and PayPal (PYPL) was outpacing new supply.

#5855 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Bitcoin +3.69% rose on reports that demand from Square (SQ) and PayPal (PYPL) was outpacing new supply.

A surprise to no one. You make money by taking chances when people are fearful. By the time bitcoin is a 6 digit price institutional currency, it’ll have been WAY too late.

The crypto guys who’ve been doing this for the past decade have been predicting it.
By the time everyone has “woken up” to crypto, there will only be .00023 Bitcoin (230,000 Satoshi, instead of cents) available for every person on the globe.

Hoard it now

#5856 3 years ago

and these,
but if you have not, look into the company and the number of brands they own including the most recent acquisition [quoted image]

My kid is eating a bag of those a day.

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Wrong! Herr’s makes the original Old Bay crab chips

I am the biggest Old Bay fan in the world but Herr’s doesn’t hold a candle to Utz.

#5858 3 years ago

My silver stocks have fared poorly recently so decided to get some PINS! as Ice recommends. Also added to my RIOT position as well.

i

#5859 3 years ago

Picked up some GE calls today. 3X Jan 15 $12. Wont be in for more than 3 weeks.

#5860 3 years ago

LGVW Butterfly Inc. starting to make some noise with sizable investments from some of the big boys including Bill and Melinda Gates. It’s a spac, could have some pretty big potential.

#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

LGVW Butterfly Inc. starting to make some noise with sizable investments from some of the big boys including Bill and Melinda Gates. It’s a spac, could have some pretty big potential.

Yup locked that in about 3 days ago I cannot see a downside to this tech. Tapping into a market of 40 million doctors. And then in about 20 years with everyone tech savvy, some people will even have these in their homes. This is a very long play (at least for me) Bought 150 shares and I'm going to forget about them for many years.

CIIC Aquisition is another SPAC that will merge with Arrival in Q1 2021. Currently way overvalued but keeping an eye out.
SBE Aquisition with Chargepoint - I bought really low at $14. Hoping for a dip at around $25 to get more.

#5862 3 years ago

Anybody else day trading Tellurian Inc., TELL? I have a shit ton of short term gains form this one since it got its ass kicked earlier in the year. They had a good quarter report a couple weeks back and looks like it has formed a good base. Going for long term gains on it now.

#5863 3 years ago

Palantir....more like PalanTEAR! Holy smokes!

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Palantir....more like PalanTEAR! Holy smokes!

I’ve just kept buying, why not, think of what it could be at in Feb...

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Just FYI - 5 days ago.

SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Investigates Longview Acquisition Corp.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/shareholder-alert-weisslaw-llp-investigates-011300059.html

#5866 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’ve just kept buying, why not, think of what it could be at in Feb...

up 5. Crazy.

#5867 3 years ago

Fisker keeps moving.

#5868 3 years ago

Fisker was dead.. Now it's through the roof. Not sure why RKT is just sitting there.

#5869 3 years ago

just bought 200 FSR. This market is nuts.

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Fisker was dead.. Now it's through the roof. Not sure why RKT is just sitting there.

It’s getting hard to pick stocks. Logic seems gone. FSR eliminated 90% of their employees a few years ago and now they are off to the races. I wouldn’t go long on them. RKT’s problem is they are the largest in the industry and already trade at a premium. Sometimes the big boys have no where to go but sideways or down. I personally dumped them for a very small profit.

#5871 3 years ago

PLTR up up 21.85% today! Still holding all of my shares from the IPO price. Good luck to all the longs!

#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

PLTR up up 21.85% today! Still holding all of my shares from the IPO price. Good luck to all the longs!

Holding on and not letting go. Feels like a dip coming Friday...Maybe I'll add some more?

#5873 3 years ago

I actually would love a huge pullback but don’t think that is in the cards. Today’s run is making me rejigger my entry points.

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I actually would love a huge pullback but don’t think that is in the cards. Today’s run is making me rejigger my entry points.

Yea it's tough to guage when to jump back in. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy on a dip tomorrow. Then set it and forget it.

#5875 3 years ago

I brought up LULU 71 days ago. It is having a nice run.

#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Glad I got in early, but didn't invest enough.

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

None of us did

#5878 3 years ago

Made a mistake and moved some of my 401k to cash the week before election. still positive for the year but left some gains on the table.

Hoping for some pullback to get a good spot to buy back in but this market is nuts. Wondering if I should take the hit an get back in now or hold out some more.

On a better note my individual stock account is doing well with some help for all of you and this thread.

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Hoping for some pullback to get a good spot to buy back in but this market is nuts. Wondering if I should take the hit an get back in now or hold out some more.

I moved my 401k to stable funds for now. Employment report is coming which can't be good and I think lower xmas sales are approaching and covid is on the rise. I'm gonna hold off for about a month before jumping back in.

#5881 3 years ago

Bitcoin just took a huge hit at 3am this morning. It happens to coincide with a particular persons lawsuit in 3 particularly important states and the hundreds of pieces of evidence submitted.

Someone seems to keep thinking it’s unrelated to the market, but Crypto will boom under Biden and will falter with Trump. The IRS tried sending out more tax letters to crypto traders yesterday which caused a slight sell off.

Point being watch closely, if the market reacts to this bombshell then that tells you it’s meaningful and has some consequences.

#5882 3 years ago

Skyworks Solutions is back on my radar, this company is cash loaded and pays a small dividend. The IPhone 12 is loaded with skyworks solutions chips, this stock should ride the 5g wave and have massive revenue from the new iPhone for several years. Skyworks solutions stock hasn’t done much in the last couple months and may be getting overlooked.

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Bitcoin just took a huge hit at 3am this morning. It happens to coincide with a particular persons lawsuit in 3 particularly important states and the hundreds of pieces of evidence submitted.
Someone seems to keep thinking it’s unrelated to the market, but Crypto will boom under Biden and will falter with Trump. The IRS tried sending out more tax letters to crypto traders yesterday which caused a slight sell off.
Point being watch closely, if the market reacts to this bombshell then that tells you it’s meaningful and has some consequences.

Bitcoin is getting really interesting, big institutions buying it, square and PayPal are taking it seriously.

#5884 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Someone seems to keep thinking it’s unrelated to the market, but Crypto will boom under Biden and will falter with Trump.

Why is that?

#5885 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Skyworks Solutions is back on my radar, this company is cash loaded and pays a small dividend. The IPhone 12 is loaded with skyworks solutions chips, this stock should ride the 5g wave and have massive revenue from the new iPhone for several years. Skyworks solutions stock hasn’t done much in the last couple months and may be getting overlooked.

Thanks for the reminder, I still have Skyworks stock certificates received as a dividend from Conexant Systems which was a spin-off of Rockwell twenty years ago. Conexant Systems was formerly Rockwell Semiconductor Products Division which was a rename of their Microelectronics division. The home of Gottlieb System 1 circuit boards and the staggered leg IC's.

#5886 3 years ago

I think I've made more money in the last 10 days than the last 3 months lol.

#5887 3 years ago
Quoted from RojerLockless:

I think I've made more money in the last 10 days than the last 3 months lol.

Has definitely been a crazy couple weeks.

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

you never invest enough in your winners and always too much in your loosers
funny how it always works out that way

#5889 3 years ago

bought some GRVY @ 84.95 on 9/04
up over 50% to date - plenty of more room to move up

Anybody hop on this train with me? - hitting $158+ today

#5891 3 years ago

Considering selling 1/2 position in Palantir and look to buy back on a retracement. If it ever does

IPO lockup is 3 days after reporting yr end earnings. Feb of 2021

I usually don’t sell a stock I like long term but the rise has been parabolic

#5892 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Considering selling 1/2 position in Palantir and look to buy back on a retracement. If it ever does
IPO lockup is 3 days after reporting yr end earnings. Feb of 2021
I usually don’t sell a stock I like long term but the rise has been parabolic

I did something similar due to the move and I know of at least one other person that did. Sold to make the other shares free and have put stops accordingly. Not only due to the lockup, but a short seller notice just came out today that spooked my guy. Regardless, this has been an excellent trade.

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I did something similar due to the move and I know of at least one other person that did. Sold to make the other shares free and have put stops accordingly. Not only due to the lockup, but a short seller notice just came out today that spooked my guy. Regardless, this has been an excellent trade.

stopped out but nice gain. Lots of negative pressure now

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

stopped out but nice gain. Lots of negative pressure now

cashed mine out at $31.5, just before Citron but yeah, it was due for some pull back. I thought the IPO lockout ended on 12/31?

#5895 3 years ago

I sold 40% of my PLTR at $29.40 today. I pulled out an amount which is almost what I put in buying at $11.25, $13.50 and $15.25. I letting the rest roll long term on house money.

I usually don’t trim and let my winners roll because I am a long term holder. I have many double and even triple baggers this year by doing this, but don’t recall having one that went up as quickly as PLTR did. Still still have a sizable position and I hope the company does well in the short and long term.

That was fun

#5896 3 years ago

Anyone writing calls?

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Anyone writing calls?

Not me. Learned my lesson on Black Monday, 1987.

#5898 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I sold 40% of my PLTR at $29.40 today. I pulled out an amount which is almost what I put in buying at $11.25, $13.50 and $15.25. I letting the rest roll long term on house money.
I usually don’t trim and let my winners roll because I am a long term holder. I have many double and even triple baggers this year by doing this, but don’t recall having one that went up as quickly as PLTR did. Still still have a sizable position and I hope the company does well in the short and long term.
That was fun

I feel like my Tesla stock did and for all my buying and selling I should have just held it and stayed the course which is what I’m doing with PLTR

#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I feel like my Tesla stock did and for all my buying and selling I should have just held it and stayed the course which is what I’m doing with PLTR

I’ve only held Tesla stock and it’s worked out so far, I’m still thinking about what I’m going to do with Palantir. I may just stay the course and pick up more on dips.

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I’ve only held Tesla stock and it’s worked out so far, I’m still thinking about what I’m going to do with Palantir. I may just stay the course and pick up more on dips.

Avoid the gains taxes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/118?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.