IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 417.
#5751 3 years ago

DBLM what are your thoughts on the Affirm ipo?

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

dblm what are your thoughts on the Affirm ipo?

Not enough details yet out there for me to have an opinion. With it being installment payment credit, it is an interesting space. It is part of the so-called Paypal Mafia, and has Peter Thiel backing it, so there is wood behind the arrow, but could also be manipulated a bit. Look forward to seeing the filings.

#5753 3 years ago

If you own SHOP you gotta love the Alipay deal just announced

Great execution by management and CEO owns 8% of the stock

Much higher 3-5 yrs. won’t be a straight line but off 20% from highs

Will keep looking for “rotation trade” dips to buy all that we like

Barbell

#5754 3 years ago

The Trade Desk +6% as Berenberg calls it best way to play CTV

Nov. 19, 2020 11:10 AM ETThe Trade Desk, Inc. (TTD)By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor
The Trade Desk (NASDAQ:TTD) is up 6% following an initiation at Berenberg, which says it's arguably "the best way to play connected TV."
The tipping point for streaming TV and CTV ads is here, the firm says, with a convergence of more viewers and content with advertisers' focus on improving return on investment.
The Trade Desk has famously rallied over the past year (up 233%, even accounting for the spring decline), but it has favorable positioning and strong profitability in an "enormous" total addressable market, the firm says. The company has a "formidable, and sustainable" competitive advantage.

We have known this for quite some time right?

#5755 3 years ago

Motley Fool Rule Breaker "best buys". Just dropped.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.39.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.39.54 AM (resized).png
#5756 3 years ago

ARK etf buys on 11/17. fwiw

Today Ark Invest:
Bought:
$U, $45.6M
$TDOC, $45.2M
$SHOP, $17.4M
$DOCU, $7M
$FSLY, $6.8M
$NTDOY, $5.1M
$TSLA, $4.5M

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Today Ark Invest:
Bought:
$U, $45.6M
$TDOC, $45.2M
$SHOP, $17.4M
$DOCU, $7M
$FSLY, $6.8M
$NTDOY, $5.1M
$TSLA, $4.5M

Any thoughts on Dropbox? They seem to be in a strong financial position with some similarities to Docusign and the stock price is below $20

#5758 3 years ago

Hmm thanks MrBally for the tip to buy Bally it’s up 24% today. Wish I would have bought more and known about the Sinclair deal

#5759 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Today Ark Invest:
Bought:
$U, $45.6M
$TDOC, $45.2M
$SHOP, $17.4M
$DOCU, $7M
$FSLY, $6.8M
$NTDOY, $5.1M
$TSLA, $4.5M

I've been getting Arks trade e-mail for a few weeks. Looks like they sold a lot of growth stocks today including 120,000 shares of PINS. They'll buy it back lower I'm sure.

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I've been getting Arks trade e-mail for a few weeks. Looks like they sold a lot of growth stocks today including 120,000 shares of PINS. They'll buy it back lower I'm sure.

They also sold some TTD. They have specific target discipline. Not buy and holders!

The only one I use is Ark.G

#5761 3 years ago

I believe they have a rule about weighting, 1 single stock can’t represent anymore than 10% of the specific etf. I’ve seen them sell off a bunch of a stock, specifically Tesla, from time to time right before a surge.

#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Any thoughts on Dropbox? They seem to be in a strong financial position with some similarities to Docusign and the stock price is below $20

I like their Smart Workplace but I use Wealthbox primarily

They aren’t brought up much because of “slow growth” by comparison

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4389844-smart-workspace-gives-dropbox-sprawling-potential

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I believe they have a rule about weighting, 1 single stock can’t represent anymore than 10% of the specific etf. I’ve seen them sell off a bunch of a stock, specifically Tesla, from time to time right before a surge.

Yep you are correct! With the run PINS and TTD have made I’m sure they had to trim the position.

Ark.g only 45 holdings or so

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Trade Desk +6% as Berenberg calls it best way to play CTV
Nov. 19, 2020 11:10 AM ETThe Trade Desk, Inc. (TTD)By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor
The Trade Desk (NASDAQ:TTD) is up 6% following an initiation at Berenberg, which says it's arguably "the best way to play connected TV."
The tipping point for streaming TV and CTV ads is here, the firm says, with a convergence of more viewers and content with advertisers' focus on improving return on investment.
The Trade Desk has famously rallied over the past year (up 233%, even accounting for the spring decline), but it has favorable positioning and strong profitability in an "enormous" total addressable market, the firm says. The company has a "formidable, and sustainable" competitive advantage.
We have known this for quite some time right?

My largest position is TTD. For fun I checked my current top holdings and thought I would share with everyone.

1. TTD
2. SE
3. NVDA
4. MELI
5. EPD
6. PLTR
7. PINS
8. SPG
9. ROKU
10. FB

And also love ARK ETFs. They list their trades at the end of the day for full open disclosure to show the Hedge fund managers what to buy.

Catherine Wood is so disruptive!

#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My largest position is TTD. For fun I checked my current top holdings and thought I would share.
1. TTD
2. SE
3. NVDA
4. MELI
5. EPD
6. PLTR
7. PINS
8. SPG
9. ROKU
10. FB
And also love ARK ETFs. They list their trades at the end of the day for full open disclosure to show the Hedge fund managers what to buy.

I just checked mine and it is fairly boring. I have exited a variety of positions here recently so I am close to a core. Not bothering to list the mutuals, which are a fair amount.

1. AAPL
2. MSFT
3. AMZN
4. RKT
5. PLTR
6. LULU
7. MGM
8. AAL

Stocks that I have successfully traded this year included BA, CG, CNTY, COF, COMM, COST, DAL, DKNG, HAL, JPM, LCA, LVS, MCD, NFLX, OXY, REGN, ROKU, RKT, RTX, SBUX, SKYY, SLB, UAL, V, WORK, and ZM.

#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I just checked mine and it is fairly boring. I have exited a variety of positions here recently so I am close to a core. Not bothering to list the mutuals, which are a fair amount.
1. AAPL
2. MSFT
3. AMZN
4. RKT
5. PLTR
6. LULU
7. MGM
8. AAL
Stocks that I have successfully traded this year included BA, CG, CNTY, COF, COMM, COST, DAL, DKNG, HAL, JPM, LCA, LVS, MCD, NFLX, OXY, REGN, ROKU, RKT, RTX, SBUX, SKYY, SLB, UAL, V, WORK, and ZM.

If those are boring then boring is pretty darn sexy. I remember now that you were my OXY recommender back in June. How can I forget?
It will take time And there will be bumps in the road but the future is lining up to look good over the next few years. Good for the market and more important good for everyone.

It’s so funny how MSFT AMZN and AAPL are kinda boring now. They are but they so aren’t.

#5767 3 years ago

If those are boring then boring is pretty darn sexy. I remember now that you were my OXY recommender back in June. How can I forget?
It will take time And there will be bumps in the road but the future is lining up to look good over the next few years. Good for the market and more important good for everyone.
It’s so funny how MSFT AMZN and AAPL are kinda boring now. They are but they so aren’t.

I am pretty happy with the portfolio as it is, but there will be changes. March and April I hated my portfolio as I had locked in gains in February and nuked the rest in March. It took a while to get my sea legs so I got aggressive to make back losses. It was fun gunslinging. I made some bad calls along the way, but that is life. I look forward to seeing what comes next. Good luck to all.

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4389844-smart-workspace-gives-dropbox-sprawling-potential

I’ll have to wait for a good buying opportunity in docusign. Dropbox has been getting all kinds of attention from youtubers I wonder if it will get some momentum behind it.

#5769 3 years ago

My top 10 sits at
1. Tesla
2. Facebook
3. Amazon
4. Apple
5. Square
6. Microsoft
7. Qualcomm
8. Sea Limited
9. PayPal
10. Beyond Meat

#5770 3 years ago

Hey @pinnyheadhead, you were asking about Telos the other day and I just saw this. Somebody (not me) circled the appropriate point. Telos has only 8 sales reps right now. From experience, it takes time to build messaging, sales force, and a federal distribution channel at scale. It will take 18 months to 2 years to scale and perform, starting today. Telos is also trying to make the switch from being a System Integrator to being a software vendor, which is tough. I also do not like that they are using the IPO to shore up the balance sheet as opposed to using it to generate new revenue streams. Because of this, I would not personally buy into this at this time.

original_258137496 (resized).pngoriginal_258137496 (resized).png
#5771 3 years ago

I got the impression she might be forced out early next year. There's a takeover plan in place.

"Wood is “disappointed” that Resolute and its private equity owner, Kelso & Company, have issued this “unwelcome notice that they intend to seize control of our business,” she said in a statement. “We do not believe that equity ownership by a party tangential to our business is in the best interest of ARK’s stakeholders.”

#5772 3 years ago

I bought Capri holdings CPRI on a cheesy pitch from Fast Money show about a month ago, stock is up 55% since then. Also they just set a target for it to double again.

I guess the TV guys do know what they are talking about once in a while.

I love me some Fast Money!!

#5773 3 years ago

Teladoc is going ham today!

#5774 3 years ago

Long time listener, first time caller.
What do you guys think about EXROF? Its up 28% today. Cheaper stock, I bought some at 75 cents, and again at $1.70.
I think its got a lot of long term potential, especially as EV trucking starts to take off.

#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I got the impression she might be forced out early next year. There's a takeover plan in place.
"Wood is “disappointed” that Resolute and its private equity owner, Kelso & Company, have issued this “unwelcome notice that they intend to seize control of our business,” she said in a statement. “We do not believe that equity ownership by a party tangential to our business is in the best interest of ARK’s stakeholders.”

I read that but what is the value of being in an ARKK etf if she leaves? Wouldn’t she just start another ETF?

Drama

#5776 3 years ago

Can someone dumb this down for me please. I only do straight buying and selling and don't understand the more complicated procedures.

20201120_173001 (resized).jpg20201120_173001 (resized).jpg
#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just as a customer prospective... Dropbox sucks.

They basically try to annoy and harass customers into paying them... they give you some free storage and then make your life hell until they get money out if you.

In a nutshell their biz model sucks. I had a client using it so had to be on it and I regret every minute I had to use it.

I know 15 or so people that dropped them and use something else now so over time I look for them to be out of biz since its a competitive space.

#5778 3 years ago

My largest position is TTD. For fun I checked my current top holdings and thought I would share with everyone.
1. TTD
2. SE
3. NVDA
4. MELI
5. EPD
6. PLTR
7. PINS
8. SPG
9. ROKU
10. FB

Quoted from DBLM:

1. AAPL
2. MSFT
3. AMZN
4. RKT
5. PLTR
6. LULU
7. MGM
8. AAL

Thanks for your inputs guys!
I’ll post mine soon to get your opinions, I’m new to this, and I’d love to buy and sell, but I have very little disposable income to drop into this, so I’ve only a couple G in the bucket for my portfolio, I’m just buying and holding. I probably could make more money, but I’m happy with the growth of my positions without anything else.

Also love me some dividends. It’s like free money!

#5779 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Thanks for your inputs guys!
I’ll post mine soon to get your opinions, I’m new to this, and I’d love to buy and sell, but I have very little disposable income to drop into this, so I’ve only a couple G in the bucket for my portfolio, I’m just buying and holding. I probably could make more money, but I’m happy with the growth of my positions without anything else.
Also love me some dividends. It’s like free money!

You are doing just fine. Don’t worry about the amount of money that you have invested. Instead, focus on the fact that you are invested in the first place, which is more than half the battle. Keep it up!

#5780 3 years ago

Is anyone using asset management services? I’m nearing the point where I don’t have the time, energy or expertise to manage my investments efficiently so maybe turning into a professional makes sense. So if you have an opinion, or advice on what to take into account when deciding on this I’d appreciate that. Thanks!

#5781 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Is anyone using asset management services? I’m nearing the point where I don’t have the time, energy or expertise to manage my investments efficiently so maybe turning into a professional makes sense. So if you have an opinion, or advice on what to take into account when deciding on this I’d appreciate that. Thanks!

iceman44

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Yes, I have an investment manager as well as use a robot advisor Wealth front
Both have advantages and disadvantages
WF is only .25% and does some things an investment manager can't

If you are interested in WF pm me your email and I will send you a sign up link that gives you some extra money under investment before you pay a fee

#5783 3 years ago

New to this thread, but I invested a bit right after covid hit, so figured I'd share my progress:
Renesas (RNECF, RNECY) +98%
Microchip (MCHP) +67%
United (UAL) +38%
PBF -50%
I recently transformed my PBF shares into AMD and Nvidia. I really expected oil (PBF) to rebound more quickly. Can't win em all I guess. At least airlines (UAL) are getting back up there.

#5784 3 years ago

Long time lurker, first time posting on this topic. All the information you guys share is great. What is the best site/app to buy and sell stocks through? Beginner looking to pick up a few stocks to hold for months/years, definitely not day trading. Any help/advice is much appreciate. Thanks!

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from vglohaus:

Long time lurker, first time posting on this topic. All the information you guys share is great. What is the best site/app to buy and sell stocks through? Beginner looking to pick up a few stocks to hold for months/years, definitely not day trading. Any help/advice is much appreciate. Thanks!

It used to matter, with different brokerages charging different fees for each trade. They all went to free trades last year. I don't know that it matters much anymore. If you have much to invest, look to see which ones give you bonus money with your first deposit. Ameritrade and E-trade are great. Even Vanguard is fine for individual stocks if you don't need to trade in the pre-market, and they have the lowest fees if you get into ETFs and mutual funds. I consolidated all my accounts with Vanguard so I can see them all together. I have 5 IRAs and a brokerage account there.

#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from vglohaus:

I use two. Fidelity and Robinhood. Robinhood is no fees and pretty quick on execution.

#5787 3 years ago
Quoted from vglohaus:

It depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it.
Robinhood is like the Apple version of investing. If you do your research and have outside tips and just want to buy and sell as simply as possible, I suggest Robinhood. It is so straightforward and has no bullshit.

My referral link, the referee and myself get a stock if you sign up
(https://join.robinhood.com/lonniel117)

I’ve actually gotten a few friends to sign up for it. I use this thread and then do research outside with all the different websites and such.

There’s webull, which is a Chinese company. I’m not very thrilled but I signed up to appease a coworker. It has a ton of info and if you pay a fee you can trade on the Asian, European and any other markets. It has an absolute butt-ton of data. It has benefits but the UI is extremely cluttered and confusing. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’ve got time to sit at home and just screw with trading with a lot of your free time. I can share a referral link there too if anyone’s interested don’t wanna post them all and seem like I’m advertising lol

There’s also others like M1 finance with is like AI investing. You invest in “pools” and the AI shifts your money around for you to whatever it thinks is most profitable. It’s kinda cool, haven’t messed with it myself.

There’s Acorns which is basically a rewards-based investing app. If you shop at version or Apple all the time, 2% of your purchase is returned as a fractional share of stock. So basically the more you buy the more you will own. Interesting but I don’t buy enough stuff to find it useful, I’d just invest my money on my own.

Personally I use Robinhood since I’m on my phone constantly for Pinside, and I just buy and hold. If you really wanna buy and forget, you can setup one like Charles-Schwab or E-trade hop on the computer, buy some and then you barely even look at it for months till you wanna buy more.

Hope this helps!

#5788 3 years ago

I use Schwab, I like having a physical office nearby and their phone support has been great when needed. App works great as does the website. 2FA seems secure. No complaints and no issues investing in Vanguard ETF like VOO for example.

I switched from Scottrade and wish I had switched years earlier.

#5789 3 years ago

I use Etrade, never ever have had any issues. Realtime, Pre and post market trades and zero fees.

#5790 3 years ago

Anybody buying partial shares of Bitcoin on there paypal accounts?

#5791 3 years ago

What do you guys think of fisker, inc? Good to keep or no? Also, wondering if rocket is still good. Seems to have leveled off.

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

New to this thread, but I invested a bit right after covid hit, so figured I'd share my progress:
Microchip (MCHP) +67%
United (UAL) +38%
PBF -50%
I recently transformed my PBF shares into AMD and Nvidia. I really expected oil (PBF) to rebound more quickly. Can't win em all I guess. At least airlines (UAL) are getting back up there.

Quoted from djd9617:

Microchip (MCHP) +67%
United (UAL) +38%
PBF -50%

I respect you for putting your loser down on the list. If you read online forums sometimes it seems no one loses a dime ever. I learn just as much from my mistakes as I do from my good choices.

#5793 3 years ago

I respect you for putting your loser down on the list. If you read online forums sometimes it seems no one loses a dime ever. I learn just as much from my mistakes as I do from my good choices.

My biggest facepalm moment of the year was buying NIO at $3.57 a share, then selling my position around $4 a share for a small profit. Given that it’s sitting around $50 a share at the moment, if I would have just held, I’d be up about a NIB Stern pro. This was hard but good lesson for me about letting things play out. I don’t sell out, balance, or trim positions any more. I’m married to whatever I buy for better or worse. I did reopen a position in NIO at a much higher price, I am doing well with it at the moment but yeah, a hard lesson but a good one.

#5794 3 years ago

I’m looking for some runners in the next 3-6 months. Not wanting to own long term, but want to get some options and see if they run. Going to keep adding to my REITs as well, but looking for a little bit of excitement too.

#5795 3 years ago

Not afraid to list my bad trades this year. I bought some APPL, FB, and Mastercard right at the beginning of the pandemic and sold at a loss. Regained all of those losses and then some, but bad call to sell when I did.

Missed opportunity: Sold 600 shares of ZM in the 90s at the beginning of the year. Made a small profit, but could have been monstrous a few months later. ZM had not moved in forever running up to this.

Broke even on Abbott Labs. Like kissing your sister. Everything else this year was pretty much a winner.

#5796 3 years ago

yeah same here I bought some RUN and ENPH when both it $50 and $95....chickened out and sold at $55 and $100. I couold have made $10K in less than 3 weeks if I had more experience.

With that said what do people feel about SNOW. I have a large position right now.

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

yeah same here I bought some RUN and ENPH when both it $50 and $95....chickened out and sold at $55 and $100. I couold have made $10K in less than 3 weeks if I had more experience.
With that said what do people feel about SNOW. I have a large position right now.

I think SNOW is priced to perfection right about now. I don’t have a feel which way it will go.

#5799 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

My advice would be to set up an account at Schwab/TD or Vanguard and get into the "advisory program". You will get advice and portfolio construction for about 35 basis points depending on your asset level. Low cost ETF's

At the same time, i would have a "retail account" and buy stocks for the LONG TERM that make sense, and buy more when they go on sale. Use a Seeking Alpha research service like Andres Cardenal for growth stocks or pay a bit more for Motley Fool "Stock Advisor" or "Rule Breakers".

You will probably do better "not having time" since sound investing is more like 99% of the time doing nothing, buy and hold, and 1% action!

So i would combine the 2 approaches for the best of both investing worlds.

#5800 3 years ago

When the Market closes lower on a Friday and the downward trend continues on a Monday run for the Hills, its not a common occurrence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 12.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 20,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/116?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.