Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 421.
#5701 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Loaded up on PLTR average for price $13.50. I am holding. TLS is an IPO coming out soon that may be similar. You know anything about it?

Familiar with Telos from a prior life. Pretty small company (805 employees) doing fairly niche things. This is not one that personally interests me.

#5702 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have a stupid question. I'm terrible at making money in the stock market, so perhaps I should just stick to my crypto.
Anyway, how do you know when they aren't winners anymore? That's my hardest part. I don't know when to get out regardless of if it's going up or down. Do you just set a blanket percentage and go with that number? For example, buy stock X and if it goes down 10% you sell, if it's up 20% you sell.
That's where I get stuck.

Like Elvis pointed out, read my post above. Buy great companies for the LONG TERM and buy more when they go on sale. Dollar cost averaging into a stock monthly/quarterly is a good way to build a position long-term.

Btw, EPD is on the "ditch" list. Collecting a 9% plus dividend while it slowly climbs back is not a bad deal. Next summer? Cars, boats and planes should be in full swing.

11/02 it was $16.40, now $19.12. I would look to add on any more lockdown panic dips.

#5703 3 years ago

Adding to my TDOC position for the LONG-TERM. Had a bigger position in LVGO before the acquisition. Already a multi-bagger.

Looking to add to PYPL again. A stock to own for the next decade, along with V, MA and SQ.

#5704 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I am out of the loop on this stuff...
can some one explain why its not legal to play poker online for real money anymore but this shit is OK ?

Market profits are reported and taxed. Online poker is not, in most cases, taxed.

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Adding to my TDOC position for the LONG-TERM. Had a bigger position in LVGO before the acquisition. Already a multi-bagger.
Looking to add to PYPL again. A stock to own for the next decade, along with V, MA and SQ.

My wife got an email last year pre “pandemic” that Teladoc was covered under our family plan. No co pay no waiting in a doctors office half the day, quick and efficient! Big fan of Teladoc.

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

took a profit, but of course got out of PYPL too soon
What's your target for reentry?

#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

My wife got an email last year pre “pandemic” that Teladoc was covered under our family plan. No co pay no waiting in a doctors office half the day, quick and efficient! Big fan of Teladoc.

Our company insurance has had it for free since last November as well. I won't ever use it though. A doctor visit needs diagnostics and compassion that you can't get through a video chat. You need your vitals checked and often a blood draw or an x-ray. Honestly I'd choose WebMD or a google search before I'd use Teledoc. Can a doctor through Teledoc prescribe medicine? That would be the only benefit I could see in order to save a trip to your local physician just for a renewal of maintenance meds.

I live in a small town and can get in to see my physician pretty much any time with no wait. The waiting room rarely has more than 3 or 4 people in it and it's only about 3 miles from my house.

#5708 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Our company insurance has had it for free since last November as well. I won't ever use it though. A doctor visit needs diagnostics and compassion that you can't get through a video chat. You need your vitals checked and often a blood draw or an x-ray. Honestly I'd choose WebMD or a google search before I'd use Teledoc. Can a doctor through Teledoc prescribe medicine? That would be the only benefit I could see in order to save a trip to your local physician just for a renewal of maintenance meds.
I live in a small town and can get in to see my physician pretty much any time with no wait. The waiting room rarely has more than 3 or 4 people in it and it's only about 3 miles from my house.

Respectfully, I think you might consider revisiting your opinion on this. There are a tremendous array of areas that telemedicine is providing real benefit for right now. From simple consultations to reviewing of lab work to mental health, telemedicine is providing care quickly, cost effectively, and with greater coverage of care. A lot of medical facilities are doing X-rays and labs with the hospital consultation occurring remotely now. One of my very good friends is a psychologist for the VA and is providing care as veteran's need it, without them having to wait weeks and months to get an appointment. In rural areas where folks might not have a lot of access to care, telemedicine is a boon to those residents.

In my professional life, I am involved in modernizing one of the largest telemedicine networks deployed. The benefits and impacts are real.

#5709 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I have immediate access to my Dr also,
but I text him often and get things accomplished without a physical visit - not every issue requires you to be with him in person and few people have ready access to a DR

#5710 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Honestly I'd choose WebMD or a google search before I'd use Teledoc.

I'm sorry, but this is a dangerous line of thinking. Telemedicine has real, trained doctors diagnosing conditions, providing care, and following up with patients. They are actually working with you and your medical history, and have access to your records. WebMD and google provides none of this, and is easily misinterpreted.

#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Respectfully, I think you might consider revisiting your opinion on this. There are a tremendous array of areas that telemedicine is providing real benefit for right now. From simple consultations to reviewing of lab work to mental health, telemedicine is providing care quickly, cost effectively, and with greater coverage of care. A lot of medical facilities are doing X-rays and labs with the hospital consultation occurring remotely now. One of my very good friends is a psychologist for the VA and is providing care as veteran's need it, without them having to wait weeks and months to get an appointment. In rural areas where folks might not have a lot of access to care, telemedicine is a boon to those residents.
In my professional life, I am involved in modernizing one of the largest telemedicine networks deployed. The benefits and impacts are real.

I have been dealing with some issues and the virtual appointments are not very comforting. I can't even see a GI doctor in person right now in my area, only virtual. A virtual appointment is fine for something minor but when you have something that is puzzling and not cookie cutter it is dangerous.

#5712 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I respect your opinion and I'm sure there's plenty of folks that see a benefit to telemedicine, but it's not for me. I despise talking on the phone. I don't own a cell phone and have never done a video chat for any reason.

I can say that no member of my extended family or my wife's family has ever used telemedicine or expressed any desire to do so.

#5713 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Market profits are reported and taxed. Online poker is not, in most cases, taxed.

They were all offshore back in the day but why wouldnt anyone just start one up in the US at this point?

They just kind of blanket made it illegal... kinda sucks because I used to make pretty easy money on there. People in general suck at poker.

#5714 3 years ago

guys. what should i do with my bitcoins. +60% in the last month. holy cannoli.

#5715 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like Elvis pointed out, read my post above. Buy great companies for the LONG TERM and buy more when they go on sale. Dollar cost averaging into a stock monthly/quarterly is a good way to build a position long-term.

yah I just find it amusing that everyone loves your advice on here except this bit which is the most important thing. lol

Otherwise its just day trading and throwing darts.

#5716 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I'm sorry, but this is a dangerous line of thinking. Telemedicine has real, trained doctors diagnosing conditions, providing care, and following up with patients. They are actually working with you and your medical history, and have access to your records. WebMD and google provides none of this, and is easily misinterpreted.

I think you can learn a lot from your own research. I've diagnosed a few ailments online before going to the doctor and having them confirmed. I've had kidney stones and last year I had a hernia. Maybe those are somewhat obvious to people that have had them, but the kidney stone pain could have been from several other sources.

I've been dealing with shoulder pain for about 5 years and I've spent dozens of hours researching what it could be. It's going to take an MRI to confirm it though. When I feel like shelling out another $4k for an MRI and likely surgery I'll get it taken care of.

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Teladoc is clutch for things like sinus infections, bronchitis, basic things. Yes they can prescribe antibiotics to your local pharmacy. It may not be ideal for everyone but for my families situation it works well for basic stuff. My wife and I both work full time jobs and have 2 young children, it’s easier for us to make a call than deal with going in person. I’d say real medical issues that need real attention need in person attention for sure though.

#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

As far as renewal and maintenance meds I’m not sure.

#5719 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

As far as renewal and maintenance meds I’m not sure.

I had to go last week because it had been a year since my last appointment and they wouldn't renew my prescriptions without seeing me again. I felt great, blood pressure and everything checked out. On the way out, the doc said "why don't you stop off and get blood drawn on your way out", so I did. They called and left a message a couple hours later saying I had high something or other and need to cut down on sugar and take fish oil. A Teledoc appointment would have completely missed that and maybe led to significant issues down the road.

#5720 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

As someone who had 100k in BTC and ETH and other cripto in 2017 right before the crash... I wish I would have cashed in. Who's to know what it will do... but I know I should have taken it and paid it on my house.

#5721 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

HODL HODL HODL
WE GOING TO THE MOON BABY!

Quoted from RojerLockless:

As someone who had 100k in BTC and ETH and other cripto in 2017 right before the crash... I wish I would have cashed in. Who's to know what it will do... but I know I should have taken it and paid it on my house.

At lot of those FOMO buyers really screwed themselves when bitcoin crashed and their panic buying and selling CAUSED the crash. HODL until 6 digits. Good friend of mine convinced me to go into bitcoin back in 2012. Coulda been swimming in mad money at many different points. Bitcoin is cyclical and unironically will be worth millions in the next few years. Just like brands, it’s all about the name. There are new, better and more practical crypto’s out there now, but they are nothing till their name becomes as spooky and ethereal as bitcoin.

Anyway, HODL till you’re a billionaire. That friend of mine bought his at $12 a bitcoin. His wallet is worth about 264 million, and that was when I checked LAST MONTH.

#5722 3 years ago

Isn't there some saying about only investing in things that hurt when dropped on your foot? I don't know how well that holds up in the 21st century, but I sleep better owning silver bars than a bunch of 1s and 0s on a computer somewhere.

#5723 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Isn't there some saying about only investing in things that hurt when dropped on your foot? I don't know how well that holds up in the 21st century, but I sleep better owning silver bars than a bunch of 1s and 0s on a computer somewhere.

Wrong.
Bitcoin is owned by you. It is not on “a computer”. The blockchain is basically a digital ledger of literally MILLIONS of computer all acknowledging the same transactions at the same time. You can buy your bitcoin, print out your wallet and digital key. Then they are protected, safely in “cold storage” offline, meaning if everything died and collapsed tomorrow, you’d still have your bitcoins and access to them.

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I had to go last week because it had been a year since my last appointment and they wouldn't renew my prescriptions without seeing me again. I felt great, blood pressure and everything checked out. On the way out, the doc said "why don't you stop off and get blood drawn on your way out", so I did. They called and left a message a couple hours later saying I had high something or other and need to cut down on sugar and take fish oil. A Teledoc appointment would have completely missed that and maybe led to significant issues down the road.

A very good point! Makes me wonder about future opportunities with health monitoring devices. How long until a wearable device monitors vitals, blood and what not and alerts you when you have a problem or are low on something.

#5725 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wrong.
Bitcoin is owned by you. It is not on “a computer”. The blockchain is basically a digital ledger of literally MILLIONS of computer all acknowledging the same transactions at the same time. You can buy your bitcoin, print out your wallet and digital key. Then they are protected, safely in “cold storage” offline, meaning if everything died and collapsed tomorrow, you’d still have your bitcoins and access to them.

I understand all that. I'm a software architect. If everything collapsed tomorrow, what would that printed out wallet do for you?

#5726 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

So don't buy the company, according to your singular experience - it will never work.
Same with the people complaining how crappy Pinterest is and that nobody would ever use it

If you are not comfortable with a business, you should not buy the stock.
But .... sometimes you have to look outside your immediate bubble when evaluating a business/stock
Tele-medicine is 100% here to stay and effective for many issues and for many people

#5727 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So don't buy the company, according to your singular experience - it will never work.
Same with the people complaining how crappy Pinterest is and that nobody would ever use is
If you are not comfortable with a business, you should not buy the stock.
But .... sometimes you have to look outside your immediate bubble when evaluating a business/stock

Doesn't it help to hear both pros and cons for something you want to invest in? Is it only ok to post reasons to buy something, but not reasons not to buy? I want to hear both sides of the story and make my own decisions.

#5728 3 years ago

HODL HODL HODL

At lot of those FOMO buyers really screwed themselves when bitcoin crashed and their panic buying and selling CAUSED the crash. HODL until 6 digits. Good friend of mine convinced me to go into bitcoin back in 2012. Coulda been swimming in mad money at many different points. Bitcoin is cyclical and unironically will be worth millions in the next few years. Just like brands, it’s all about the name. There are new, better and more practical crypto’s out there now, but they are nothing till their name becomes as spooky and ethereal as bitcoin.
Anyway, HODL till you’re a billionaire. That friend of mine bought his at $12 a bitcoin. His wallet is worth about 264 million, and that was when I checked LAST MONTH.

Thanks for this.

I"ve got some cash reserved to invest on the next pullback.

#5729 3 years ago

HODL HODL HODL

I used to drink the 100k bitcoin kool-aid too

#5730 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Doesn't it help to hear both pros and cons for something you want to invest in? Is it only ok to post reasons to buy something, but not reasons not to buy? I want to hear both sides of the story and make my own decisions.

Sure does, but your experience with your Dr doesn't represent what most Americans have access to.
Most people can't get appointments quickly or even get their Dr on the phone in a timely manner.
Yes, I agree - you still need physical visits but this does help a large enough percentage of the time that it's valid.
I have immediate access to my Dr, yet I don't run to see him in person for every little issue.
Most of the time a call or quick text can take care of it.
After that, if he feels a visit is warranted, he will request it.

#5731 3 years ago

I used to drink the 100k bitcoin kool-aid too

Some of my co-workers bought in when BTC was $20k back in 2017 I think it was. They aren't too fond of crypto now.

But I have other co-workers that mined bitcoin when it was under $10/coin and they are millionaires now.

#5732 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Some of my co-workers bought in when BTC was $20k back in 2017 I think it was. They aren't too fond of crypto now.
But I have other co-workers that mined bitcoin when it was under $10/coin and they are millionaires now.

Sure, I know a guy who invested in Amazon at 20 bucks a share pre splits.

What's that got to do with the price of tea in china?

#5733 3 years ago

Anybody else invested in pot stocks?
They have been my best performers this year
GRWG up 680% since April!

#5734 3 years ago

Depending on your cost basis, BTC is either the best thing mankind ever invented or hot garbage? I lean towards the latter.

#5735 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Depending on your cost basis, BTC is either the best thing mankind ever invented or hot garbage? I lean towards the latter.

That holds true for any stock/investment

#5736 3 years ago

Nice! I’m yet to invest in pot but have been researching some. The MJ etf looks interesting and Planet 13 is on my radar.

#5737 3 years ago

Here we go, now I have some skin in the TDOC game. Will make $600 in 9 days if it's over $180. If not, rinse and repeat.

tdoc (resized).JPGtdoc (resized).JPG
#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Can a doctor through Teledoc prescribe medicine? That would be the only benefit I could see in order to save a trip to your local physician just for a renewal of maintenance meds.

Yes they can. My wife started to feel Ill on a long car trip. Did the teledoc call (not even video chat) from the car while I drove. He sent the script to a pharmacy ten miles up the road. We went there and picked it right up. All a few hundred miles from home on a weekend.

Teledoc rate went from $35/call to $45 this year though. Shitty insurance plan.

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Here we go, now I have some skin in the TDOC game. Will make $600 in 9 days if it's over $180. If not, rinse and repeat.
[quoted image]

I was just joking - the stock is trash

#5740 3 years ago

I was just joking - the stock is trash

I'll send you a paypal donation link next Friday.

#5741 3 years ago

PINS continues to do well, up about 3% today. I took the advice on this thread and bought some several days ago.

#5742 3 years ago

I own APHA so that way I get weed and alcohol plus I’m a big Sweet Water brewery fan so it works out.

#5743 3 years ago

Does anyone else just trade ETFs like I do? I've been swing trading USO ever since it tanked to $2 a share last March.

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I think you can learn a lot from your own research. I've diagnosed a few ailments online before going to the doctor and having them confirmed. I've had kidney stones and last year I had a hernia. Maybe those are somewhat obvious to people that have had them, but the kidney stone pain could have been from several other sources.
I've been dealing with shoulder pain for about 5 years and I've spent dozens of hours researching what it could be. It's going to take an MRI to confirm it though. When I feel like shelling out another $4k for an MRI and likely surgery I'll get it taken care of.

Also depends on how the dr. and staff communicate. I had to take a TB test for a job and was texted a vague response on Friday just before closing that there were problems with my test, but to call back on Monday. So of course I researched TB over the weekend and with every little cough, I was convinced I had TB and agonized over the implications and was pretty worried. Called the dr. first thing Monday, only to find out the problem was with the email address to send the results too. GTFO lol. No, i didnt have TB by the way. I see both sides of this.

#5745 3 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Does anyone else just trade ETFs like I do? I've been swing trading USO ever since it tanked to $2 a share last March.

I love ARKK ARKQ and ARKW

#5746 3 years ago

And if you bought amazon even at 1k you’d be in the money by a lot. This is clown-talk. The price is rising and if you buy low sell high you make money.
I didn’t think this needed to be explained among traders... this your first time in the thread??

Quoted from loneacer:

This is basically all the nay-sayers lol. Salty they bought it at the top like idiots. Their FOMO caused the fall. You buy the DIPS not the peaks!
“Waaah I didn’t buy bitcoin for $12 so now I think it’s shit”

Lol this is like those people who constantly shit on Apple yet it’s outperformed their entire portfolio year after year and they’re too proud to admit it.

#5747 3 years ago

took a profit, but of course got out of PYPL too soon
What's your target for reentry?

Stealing it at $180

#5748 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

PINS continues to do well, up about 3% today. I took the advice on this thread and bought some several days ago.

Hold it long term and buy more if it sells off

Full disclosure, I own 51,122 shares

I also sold covered calls against it. Jan 2021 strike of $75

Collected some rent. Don’t need it to go up too fast.

Same thing on TTD, my 2nd largest position

#5749 3 years ago

Let

The

Story

Play Out

Requires just some patience

#5750 3 years ago

As far as Bitcoin goes ... my amateur assessment is that this time it's different
A lot of the investment houses and analysts are now following bitcoin and buying, whereas they were not previously
Once the big boys start buying ... the price is going up
Square is investing in Bitcoin
PayPal is now backing Bitcoin
Hedge Fund managers are buying Bitcoin

so you decide.... I play with money that will not hurt me if it goes to 0

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-price-all-time-high-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-112907136.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/115?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.