D6674FF7-12B7-475E-BC24-3B319DD0F143 (resized).jpeg
FAD9FD05-E64B-43D4-BC07-4217265A5BF6 (resized).jpeg
712D33A8-0DFC-4817-831B-48F5179D13A7 (resized).png
F0C472DA-4B57-4E33-A322-17267831E29F.gif
2021-11-03t09-56-45 (resized).png
FC9275D1-4A5C-44AB-8D41-A9625F95A09B (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
nick (resized).png

There are 15,496 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 310.
#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Moderna vaccine appears to be a success. Look for another big up market day. Disney and MAC are going up.

Good news, especially the storage temperature, but man am I getting tired of science by press release.

That being said, gogo ditch stocks!

#5652 1 year ago

Did a bit of shopping, added to my beyond meat position while it’s beat down, added some more Calloway, and opened a position in Teladoc.

#5653 1 year ago

Here is a good summary on MAC and sums up how i feel. MAC more risky, SPG rock solid.

The fact that SPG went through with the Taubman purchase, even at an $800 million discount is telling and shows huge confidence.

Meanwhile, thank you for the 7% dividend while we wait. Today might be another head fake BUT.......maybe it's not.

Either way, Fauci says the vaccines are here AND by April we could be back to "normal". Yeah, it's "right around the corner".

Btw, we are already "back to normal" and have been for a long time, down here in Texas.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4383983-macerich-stay-course

#5654 1 year ago

"Great long-term investing is 1% buying, 99% waiting.

The power of compounding can only be achieved by holding a security for years if not decades.

The mistakes that will most impact your performance are likely to be decisions to sell too soon.

Being passively active via a "coffee can" portfolio approach focused on quality can create tremendous alpha.

One of the most powerful concepts in portfolio management is to let your winners run. Simple, yet very difficult to execute.

Great investing can be counter-intuitive.

It requires you - for the most part - to do nothing. No tinkering, no trimming, no re-balancing of all sorts. Simply buying and waiting for years to let the story play out."

LET THE STORY PLAY and LET YOUR WINNERS RUN!

The "Covid reopening story" is just beginning. Baby steps.

#5655 1 year ago
Quoted from RojerLockless:

Oh I guess I should have said 30 year fixed 2.7 CMG Financial and THEY paid the points to get it down to 2.7
I've got a contact # if anyone wants it. But anyone who's over 3.5 should def refinance now while this crazy interest rates are as low as they are. Call your bank !

I just closed on a refi for 2.25% for 15 years and got a HELOC for 3.35%, its like free money right now.

#5656 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just closed on a refi for 2.25% for 15 years and got a HELOC for 3.35%, its like free money right now.

Yep, the lower than 30 years were far lower ARP. Just depends on where everyone is in their process of payoffs.

#5657 1 year ago

Sell Tesla now that it spiked after hours or hold on?

#5658 1 year ago

Probably too boring for you guys but Walmart is slow and steady climb.

We will see what the earning report brings tomorrow

#5659 1 year ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

It depends on your investment goal and your purchase price. I bought my last batch at $475.00 so I'm holding on...

#5660 1 year ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Bet it re-test the high of over $500. I would hold...

#5661 1 year ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I have a cost basis of 158 per share with no plans of selling a single share. This company could still be in its infancy with all the other possibilities. Autonomous driving, robo taxis, energy, possibly hvac, etc. Still scaling at an exponential rate!

#5662 1 year ago

Amazing how much more action this thread got when the market was taking a beating a few months ago.

Wasn’t one guy predicting a 15,000 Dow?

#5663 1 year ago

Who pissed off iceman44? I wish he'd come back into the thread.

#5664 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Who pissed off iceman44? I wish he'd come back into the thread.

He posted earlier today.

#5665 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

He posted earlier today.

Sorry, I missed it....doh!

#5666 1 year ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I'm not selling a single share of my Tesla for 10 years. Tesla today will seem dirt cheap one day.

#5667 1 year ago

Too many damn Bulls. Might be awhile before I re-enter the melee, overpriced.

#5668 1 year ago

Tesla to the moo.... To Mars!

#5669 1 year ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Too many damn Bulls. Might be awhile before I re-enter the melee, overpriced.

Sorry you'll miss all the free money If you wait!

#5670 1 year ago

I'm not selling a single share of my Tesla for 10 years. Tesla today will seem dirt cheap one day.

They said the same about IBM, Xerox and GE. You may be right, though.

#5671 1 year ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

IBM, Xerox and GE

One of these is not like the other...

#5672 1 year ago

Sorry you'll miss all the free money If you wait!

Uh, it's best to buy low and sell high. When the real impacts of 2020 begin deflating this bubble it will be time to buy again.

#5673 1 year ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

One of these is not like the other...

All very similar, Xerox invented the PC, GE was cutting edge electronics at one time, IBM was, well, IBM.

#5674 1 year ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Uh, it's best to buy low and sell high. When the real impacts of 2020 begin deflating this bubble it will be time to buy again.

Not to be overly argumentative, but I think time is running out for that dip to happen. 2 vaccines and a therapeutic are not too far off from going out into the world, and another stimulus is supposed to happen in the next few months. I’d like to think that things will gradually start looking up in the real world, even if the market jumped the gun a little.

#5675 1 year ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Oh, my bad. I forgot you can see the stock prices of the future. I bet that's handy! I'm sure people said the same thing when Tesla shot up to 1000 bucks presplit

#5676 1 year ago

lol, many years ago a friend told me the same thing about AOL stock

#5677 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One of the most powerful concepts in portfolio management is to let your winners run. Simple, yet very difficult to execute.

I have a stupid question. I'm terrible at making money in the stock market, so perhaps I should just stick to my crypto.

Anyway, how do you know when they aren't winners anymore? That's my hardest part. I don't know when to get out regardless of if it's going up or down. Do you just set a blanket percentage and go with that number? For example, buy stock X and if it goes down 10% you sell, if it's up 20% you sell.

That's where I get stuck.

#5678 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have a stupid question. I'm terrible at making money in the stock market, so perhaps I should just stick to my crypto.
Anyway, how do you know when they aren't winners anymore? That's my hardest part. I don't know when to get out regardless of if it's going up or down. Do you just set a blanket percentage and go with that number? For example, buy stock X and if it goes down 10% you sell, if it's up 20% you sell.

The real answer is no one knows. You can say oh the earnings, or the new tech, or any number of "things" but they might just slowly go up forever like Apple. Or the might go down and crash like GE.

I personally stop investing in a company when they stop innovating. Amazon is constantly innovating. Between the cloud or "drone deliveries" they are continuing to improve and get better. Tesla hasn't even dipped their toe in battery storage and solar for every house in America disrupting the entire energy sector. They haven't touched autonomous driving, or even their "Taxi service" These are all things still on the horizon.

I can't wait.

#5679 1 year ago

Until you get a feel, definitely put in stop losses to protect your downside. If you want to insure that you make money on rising stops, you can put in a trailing stop which will trigger a sell if the stock drops X percent from a current price. This can cut you on volatile bull stocks as they can have big swings, but insures that you lock in a profit.

How do you know if it a stock is not a winner anymore? Ultimately, that comes down to your risk tolerance and your investment goals. For me personally, if I see a stock just going sideways for a while, I dig into the fundamentals to see why that is the case. If I don't see any catalysts for it to change, I exit. If I think a stock is going to be dead money for a while, I will move it to something with more upside at the time.

#5680 1 year ago

Quoted from iceman44:

"Great long-term investing is 1% buying, 99% waiting.
The power of compounding can only be achieved by holding a security for years if not decades.
The mistakes that will most impact your performance are likely to be decisions to sell too soon.
Being passively active via a "coffee can" portfolio approach focused on quality can create tremendous alpha.
Great investing can be counter-intuitive.
It requires you - for the most part - to do nothing. No tinkering, no trimming, no re-balancing of all sorts. Simply buying and waiting for years to let the story play out."
LET THE STORY PLAY and LET YOUR WINNERS RUN!
The "Covid reopening story" is just beginning. Baby steps.

see above... its not buy and sell buy and sell buy and sell

#5681 1 year ago

For example, buy stock X and if it goes down 10% you sell, if it's up 20% you sell

Down 8 to 12 percent. That's when I'm out.

#5682 1 year ago

I think we are overbought so exited some of my trade positions today. Rang the register on Netflix, Visa, Las Vegas Sands, and JP Morgan. Holding on to all of my core positions. I think the next few months could be bumpy, so positioning accordingly.

#5683 1 year ago

you may be better with something like Wealthfront.com

#5684 1 year ago

It's pretty tempting to sell a few shares and buy another pinball machine though lol.

#5685 1 year ago

How about a little love for my Palantir call? Up 74% from IPO and up 11.74% today! Hope you guys loaded up early.

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif
#5686 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

How about a little love for my Palantir call? Up 74% from IPO and up 11.74% today! Hope you guys loaded up early.
[quoted image]

I did! Up 45% today!
Anybody else load up on pfizer and get there bonus shares of Viatris this morning?
I love waking up to free stock.

#5687 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

I had a gut feeling about PLTR from the start. Loaded up and averaged at $13.5 a share.

I plan on holding this one long term.

#5688 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I had a gut feeling about PLTR from the start. Loaded up and averaged at $13.5 a share.
I plan on holding this one long term.

I am up 40ish % and wrote some covered calls and those are up too. can't believe i got a great stock tip from a pinball forum. awesome!

#5689 1 year ago

I love it! Glad to see people are winning! Who else is joining us in the PLTR Prayer Circle?

Also, who is still riding with me on RKT? It has already done very well if you traded it when I did and it has plenty of upside.

80ac6c6e8ec0a109316e09e9bea3570c.gif
#5690 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I did! Up 45% today!
Anybody else load up on pfizer and get there bonus shares of Viatris this morning?

As a long term holder of Pfizer it is a nice surprise!

#5691 1 year ago

I am on the draft king train long term!

Nothing America likes more than some good old gambling.

#5692 1 year ago

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up. First time I've ever got "free" stock.

#5693 1 year ago

I did! Up 45% today!

It took me longer than I care to admit to figure out where the Viatris stock came from when I checked my account this morning. I was ready to file a ticket with the broker to figure out if I somehow bought it while under the influence.

#5694 1 year ago
Quoted from athenspin:

As a long term holder of Pfizer it is a nice surprise!

Quoted from mattosborn:

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up. First time I've ever got "free" stock.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It took me longer than I care to admit to figure out where the Viatris stock came from when I checked my account this morning. I was ready to file a ticket with the broker to figure out if I somehow bought it while under the influence.

Hopefully you guys didn't sell off your New Shiney VTRS.
This is a great post covid stock.
This free stock is a 2-3 year hold imo.

#5695 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am on the draft king train long term!
Nothing America likes more than some good old gambling.

Ah yes I've been in on Draftkings since 14.45 a share. Good times.

#5696 1 year ago

Nice upgrade today on Draftkings. Good luck to all of you on this

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/7969cab0-c5ce-3315-8da7-6d47039f4263/why-draftkings-stock-could.html

#5697 1 year ago

Good for you! I bought in the mid 30's. I am on the train long term.

I could see a day where Disney somehow buys draft kings, pairs it with ESPN and then spins it off.

It will take some time but eventually gambling will be legal in all states and there is huge opportunity there.

#5698 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

It will take some time but eventually gambling will be legal in all states and there is huge opportunity there.

Gambling is already legal in all states. It's called the stock market

#5699 1 year ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am out of the loop on this stuff...

can some one explain why its not legal to play poker online for real money anymore but this shit is OK ?

#5700 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I love it! Glad to see people are winning! Who else is joining us in the PLTR Prayer Circle?
Also, who is still riding with me on RKT? It has already done very well if you traded it when I did and it has plenty of upside.
[quoted image]

Loaded up on PLTR average for price $13.50. I am holding. TLS is an IPO coming out soon that may be similar. You know anything about it?

There are 15,496 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 310.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside