Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 421.
#5551 3 years ago

To the moon we go!

#5552 3 years ago

Looks like my Pfizer bet just paid off.

#5554 3 years ago

My poor pintrest stock...

#5555 3 years ago

Stay at home stocks crushed this morning, while go back out stocks soaring. Airlines up 25% premarket. Disney 12%, REITs 15%, Oil up $4/barrel.

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

Nobody seems to be factoring in just how bad the next round of covid shutdowns (or failures to shut down) will be. New case count spiked to 128K yesterday, and that's with all the restrictions already in place. Virtual / remote biz will continue to do fine, but all else is a crapshoot right now. As for Tesla, Toyota's CEO cautioned on them today; FYI, if you look at reliability data, Tesla sucks. They're winning on popularity rather than substance; it remains to be seen if Tesla will be the auto industry's iPhone or its Blackberry. SpaceX has better long-term odds than Tesla.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-09/pfizer-s-covid-vaccine-prevents-90-of-infections-in-large-study

#5557 3 years ago

Time to make the rotation. Work at home stocks are taking it in the shorts today. Just put in some big buys on MGM and AA. Also, riding the lightning in front of RKT's earnings tomorrow and more than doubled my position of that stock in one of my accounts. Anybody jumping in the boat with me?

#5558 3 years ago

Sold a few shares of TSLA to buy my pinball machine

#5559 3 years ago

MAC might actually get back to its pricing from about 5 months ago.

#5560 3 years ago

Picked up a small amount of the Tanger REIT (SKT), going to see how that goes over the next couple months of holiday shopping.

#5561 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Time to make the rotation. Also, riding the lightning in front of RKT's earnings tomorrow and more than doubled my position of that stock in one of my accounts. Anybody jumping in the boat with me?

Hopefully earnings fuel the rocket. I am a little down in my position because I bought a second lot of shares when it was higher after my first lot was doing great, so I will stay with the shares I have and not buy any more.

#5562 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Time to make the rotation. Work at home stocks are taking it in the shorts today. Just put in some big buys on MGM and AA. Also, riding the lightning in front of RKT's earnings tomorrow and more than doubled my position of that stock in one of my accounts. Anybody jumping in the boat with me?

I sold some RKT covered calls a couple weeks back, but I closed the position Friday. Don't like playing earnings, but I'd like to trade it again soon.

#5563 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Thank you all for the responses and the opinions on SKT. I have not purchased any at this point but will be watching from the sidelines the next 2-3 days due to the outcome of the election and may make my decision then. I appreciate the feedback as REIT's are an unknown for myself.

SKT is up about 30-35% since you asked about it last week. Another buck and I could get out even and never look back.

I do think it has potential to get back to mid teens though with the vaccine. They will reinstate the dividend next year and they'll be allowed to restart their repurchase program in July.

#5564 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Little pat myself on the back - been in MGM since March @ $7.66
Was pretty sure back then, whatever the effect covid had, gambling would come back

#5565 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Time to make the rotation.

looks like some of the tech "bubble" may pop with money going back to "post covid" stocks. retail and cruises are looking good, NCLH is sailing high today.

#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

looks like some of the tech "bubble" may pop with money going back to "post covid" stocks. retail and cruises are looking good, NCLH is sailing high today.

I don’t think I would bet against Amazon going into Christmas. I feel a lot of those new customers that came aboard because of Covid are now locked in as regular customers. Zoom is a different story but Amazon wins regardless. I don’t feel Amazon is in bubble territory at all. Baba and Meli are likely winners too.

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

MAC might actually get back to its pricing from about 5 months ago.

Man, I’d stay away from them. Really, talking to the guys at my local mall, who constantly sit in with the national conference calls and such. They are NOT looking too hot. Even before the pandemic they were dropping. Their 5 year looks terrible. They may earn some money back but they’ve got a long long way to go.

#5568 3 years ago

RKT announces 1b buyback program. What does this mean and is it good?

#5569 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Man, I’d stay away from them. Really, talking to the guys at my local mall, who constantly sit in with the national conference calls and such. They are NOT looking too hot. Even before the pandemic they were dropping. Their 5 year looks terrible. They may earn some money back but they’ve got a long long way to go.

I was not suggesting buy but rather those on this thread that bought MAC might get back around even or a little better.

#5570 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

hopefully it picks up some speed, the ER was good too

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

The earnings appeared to exceed expectations so in a normal world one would expect the stock go up. Though the after hours price is doing the opposite so far.

#5572 3 years ago

My gold stocks are tanking. What's up with that?

#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The earnings appeared to exceed expectations so in a normal world one would expect the stock go up. Though the after hours price is doing the opposite so far.

Going out on a limb but:

Fintech is tech and tech is hated right now? Check you watch, tech hate could turn on a dime.

Also, they aren’t even a year old and they are buying back stock already? Not the spice I am looking for in a sexy new shiny thing.

Edit: I think it’s a great company in general FYI No good feel on a fair price for the stock though

#5574 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Gold and mining stocks must be strictly regulated. If the value inflates then dollar-backed assets deflate.
The only time Gold, and Silver inflate over the price of the dollar is when faith is lost in the dollar as a primary currency, then all bets are off.

#5575 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Going out on a limb but:
Fintech is tech and tech is hated right now? Check you watch, tech hate could turn on a dime.
Also, they aren’t even a year old and they are buying back stock already? Not the spice I am looking for in a sexy new shiny thing.
Edit: I think it’s a great company in general FYI No good feel on a fair price for the stock though

I am not concerned in the least about this company. Great earnings report and share buy backs are always a bullish action from a company. I have a pretty considerable portion of my portfolio in this stock and am excited to see what happens next.

#5576 3 years ago

Anyone sticking with RKT and PLTR?

#5577 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Yep

#5578 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I have small positions in both, I think both of these stocks have a lot of long term potential so unless something drastic happens I’ll be holding long term. I rarely sell positions, I’ve seen the most gains buying into good companies and holding and adding shares on significant dips.

#5579 3 years ago

I have a large position of RKT (avg ~$20) and some PLTR (avg ~$12).

I see no reason to dump RKT unless interest rates start hiking back up.

#5580 3 years ago

I have small positions in both, I think both of these stocks have a lot of long term potential so unless something drastic happens I’ll be holding long term. I rarely sell positions, I’ve seen the most gains buying into good
companies and holding and adding shares on significant dips.</bl

I hope these go up. Thought RKT would have gone up for sure today. Maybe tomorrow.

#5581 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Umm, Yes! Buying more....and Plug,

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Glad a friend tipped me off on PLTR and thanks Pinside for RKT. They look good to me so I‘ll try to keep accumulating on dips.

Still pissed off about dipping on Boeing and immediately it shot up to 180. Just stupid. They’re not looking any better, senseless buying, makes me mad!

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Gold is old, buy bitcoin, while you still can.
Phil-Lee had the long winded way of saying what we all know: Gold/bitcoin is for the naysayers and the preppers. It’s the opposite of the stock market. Bitcoin skyrocketed over 2k with the Biden win because long term his plans don’t bode well for the market so it’s a “safe” place to park your money. If the lawsuits go anywhere the price will tumble.
You’ll notice when the market does well bitcoin slides, because people sell their coins to buy stocks.
Negative Volatility and uncertainty: buy gold and bitcoin.
Growth and bullish confidence: buy stocks.

#5583 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Still pissed off about dipping on Boeing and immediately it shot up to 180. Just stupid. They’re not looking any better, senseless buying, makes me mad!

Did the same. There are no changes to Boeing and with Covid it's still very volatile. There will be a sell off.

#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

huh... for a stock that's been trading for 2 months
That seems very unusual

Ditto on the buy Bitcoin advice!

#5585 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I was in on Rocket, but bailed on them a few weeks ago after some personal experience trying to work with them. I am looking into/was looking into refinancing my house. I hear lots of advertisements for Rocket. I filled out an application with them. They won't actually give you a quote until you talk to someone on the phone, and when I did get a quote it was substantially higher than competitors. I can get quotes from other people online with no human interaction, and then pursue the rates that are best. I eliminated Rocket within 20 minutes of looking into a refi. The APR difference was substantial. I am already at 2.625 on my house loan so it has to be pretty low for a refi to make sense. Rocket offered 2.375 on a 10 year. I am at about 2.07 to 2.05 with other online companies. I am waiting until I can get an APR under 2% to refinance and Rocket will never give me that. Your mileage may vary, but anyone doing research will likely wind up with a different company. HOWEVER... I cannot speak to those at the lower end of the credit spectrum, which is likely a substantial portion of buyers. I think the people with money are putting it elsewhere, while those on the margin end up with companies like Rocket. The end result is that Rocket will have the riskiest assets, and or be working with companies they sold their mortgages to with the riskiest assets. It may make money in the next year or so but I would not be a long term investor. Anecdotal experience sure, but my 2 cents.

With that said, I am all in on Pintrest at the moment (daytrading fund only). There revenue growth has been substantial. I believe that "woke" culture will substantially hurt Facebook and Twitter... particularly if the current election results in a 2nd Trump term. Yes, Biden is the projected winner, I think the election will drag on for the next month (not trying to argue politics here, just a personal opinion). Facebook and Twitter were already victims of substantial divestment from the "woke" crowd, and Twitter and Facebook both have allowed political advertisements. Pintrest has not. I think that if things get even more political over the next month, Pintrest will see beyond explosive growth. Also... Pintrest still has a long runway to grow both in the USA and internationally. How much growth room is there for Facebook? Even without political controversy, Pintrest is set to grow. How many cutsie holiday make this and make that articles are going up on pintrest this year? With that said, Pintrest has tanked this week with the rotation out of Tech. Hoping for that bounceback today.

My 401k that I have not been day trading with has shot past pre COVID levels.

Anyways... happy daytrading folks!

#5586 3 years ago

My take on RKT is summed up by this:

"There are quite a few competitors on the market whether it be a bank or non-bank entities. Pricing is a major factor that drives consumer decision making, which makes bank competitors a group to note in this market. Given that they have multiple products to cross-sell, they are oftentimes able to price aggressively which has negative implications for non-bank entities such as Rocket.

The overall end market is cyclical and is driven by local housing trends as well as the macro environment. Although the current environment is positive for new mortgages, this may not necessarily last and investors have to be aware of this.

The company is also facing a potpourri of litigation, some of which are quite large in size. Although not a major concern, an unfavorable development here can lead to a negative reaction to the stock.

Valuation and Conclusion
In terms of valuation, the company trades at a forward P/E of 6x. Compared to other similar companies in the space, e.g. Mr. Cooper Group (COOP) at 2.5x or PennyMac Financial Services (PFSI) at 4x, Rocket trades at a premium. In many ways, the premium is warranted given the growth and technological leadership. However, given the relative valuation as well as my macro concerns around COVID-19-related headwinds and possible associated recessionary pressures, I remain on the sidelines at this time.

RKT should continue to be the largest loan originator and take market share but it really has no choice in terms of growth. It's a cyclical TRANSACTION oriented business that could do well next year but i don't like the overall business and nature of it. I need SUBSCRIPTION and recurring revenue models, thank you Apple, MSFT, PINS, TTD, SE etc. all situated in massive SECULAR TRANSFORMATIONS.

Good luck though. RKT also has a big short interest so you might get a short squeeze there AND i think you have to get past the "lock up" expiration period early next year to really start to get any traction in the price momentum if there is going to be any.

#5587 3 years ago

What i did do yesterday and will continue today? Buy the dips!

TTD, PINS and PLTR specifically yesterday.

Also added to my barbell approach of putting more weight onto the "in the ditch" buckets

MAR
HOG
SPG
MAC
VICI
CCL
RCL
ACC
etc.

And a host of other REIT's and travel related stocks. NO airlines. I call it my "epicenter/ditch" model

And if you think the rotation into these value plays is gonna tank our growth names, think again.

"The market" or subsets of it, are going to crush it through 2021. Both sides of the barbell.

Goldman Sachs, fwiw, just made an S&P500 call of 4,300 for 2021.

Finally, don't lose sight of what the market cares about. IT WAS THE FED, IT IS THE FED AND WILL BE THE FED INTO 2021!

In other words, DON'T FIGHT THE FED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5588 3 years ago

#1 Strategy

Buy great companies, with superior cash flows, excellent debt ratios, visionary management, recurring revenue, expanding moats and market share, earnings growth etc.

That's the left side of the barbell, AAPL, TTD, PINS, SE, NVDA, MELI, MSFT, AMZN, FSLY (buy on dip) etc. The businesses i want to own for 3-5-10 years.

That means "buy and hold" and buy more when they go on sale.

The right side of the barbell, or "in the ditch" stocks, are companies i DON'T want to own long-term. They are there for 2021 and the re-opening, vaccine get to the destination trade.

Simple

It's been a phenomenal year!

#5589 3 years ago

What are the thoughts on products like Schwab Intelligent Portfolios?

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Finally, don't lose sight of what the market cares about. IT WAS THE FED, IT IS THE FED AND WILL BE THE FED INTO 2021!
In other words, DON'T FIGHT THE FED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once the current crazy ass legal stuff gets debunked there will more stimulus incoming.

Free and cheap money never hurt anyone... well the millennials and other future generations I guess.

#5591 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Once the current crazy ass legal stuff gets debunked there will more stimulus incoming.
Free and cheap money never hurt anyone... well the millennials and other future generations I guess.

By “debunked” you mean ignored Lol

From a policy standpoint the foundation is in place and divided govt will keep it that way

Not much to really screw up and the market loves it

#5592 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

exactly ... nothing to see here, keep it moving

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spot on.

#5594 3 years ago

It’s been a wonderful 7 months.
Thanks for remaining active in this thread, Ice.

#5595 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

From a policy standpoint the foundation is in place and divided govt will keep it that way
Not much to really screw up and the market loves it

It's not divided yet. Strong possibility of a 50/50 Senate split after the run-off.

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

It's not divided yet. Strong possibility of a 50/50 Senate split after the run-off.

I highly doubt that and the markets are betting against it. Slim possibility and slim is leaving the building

Secondly, Joe Manchin has already said he ain’t going for all the radical nonsense

So it’s already 51-49 for much of what they want to do

Translation, will be great for the overall markets

And finally, despite how it ended, I believe it works out better this way

The country gets to see Biden, we get a red wave in the House in 2022 like Clinton and Obama terms AND it sets up 2024 for a Tim Scott, Christi Noem, Nikki Haley presidency in the year we need it!

Tax cuts expire 2025

And do you think Trump will come for his pounds of flesh on the outside?

Gotta think long term fellas

#5597 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Hundreds of big wheels in Georgia right now and for the next few weeks with the recount. Gridlock is always good for the Market.

#5598 3 years ago

RKT CEO on Cramer at 6PM EST. Check it out. Maybe some good news.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

for a Tim Scott, Christi Noem, Nikki Haley presidency

The smart money is on the fine Governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan. Openly discussed here in Annapolis and DC.

#5600 3 years ago

I expect lots of gridlock and money printing... so the rich will get much richer and the future will get mortgaged to death with debt.

If I had kids i would feel sorry for them but I dont. Roll the printers.

I have had a few people tell me the "ideal scenario" is Biden with a republican congress.

Looks likely unless Trump can find all those "fake votes" lol lol lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/112?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.