IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 417.
#5451 3 years ago

Man you guys have some balls trading in this market... enjoy the rollercoaster.

The election is bound to be cluster and cause panic no matter who wins..

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I am making a few trades right now. I rang the register on a variety of things a few weeks ago and buying the dips right now.

#5453 3 years ago

What do you guys think of AMC? They have said they are selling off stock and will be out of money buy the end of the year. Seems like a bad investment unless you gamble and you buy AMC stock before A smart company like Disney might buy them out. Disney would get more profits when they release future blockbuster Marvel films because they own AMC theaters. Dr Fauchi has said the he does not expect us to be back to normal until late 2021. AMC Would a long term play and a big gamble. What are your opinions?

#5454 3 years ago

Ah yes... as former .com employee and stock holder I remember that phrase very well.
Easier said then done and rarely goes as planned.
Its a buzz phrase to make investors feel better that they bleed money and make little.

As I said during the 2001 .com meltdown: "Never did I see $100k come so fast and go so fast"....

#5455 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

What do you guys think of AMC? They have said they are selling off stock and will be out of money buy the end of the year. Seems like a bad investment unless you gamble and you buy AMC stock before A smart company like Disney might buy them out. Disney would get more profits when they release future blockbuster Marvel films because they own AMC theaters. Dr Fauchi has said the he does not expect us to be back to normal until late 2021. AMC Would a long term play and a big gamble. What are your opinions?

I like to gamble as much as anybody but I am not a fan of that play at this time. Doing something like that is all about timing and I think there is still much more short term downside than upside. If you want to go that way, you might look towards the end of the year. But right now, I do not see a catalyst to say this is the time to do that.

#5456 3 years ago

Ah yes... as former .com employee and stock holder I remember that phrase very well.
Its a buzz phrase to make investors feel better that they bleed money and make little.

All true, but the easy integration with a major player like Shopify will help

#5457 3 years ago

would not touch it unless it's gambling money you don't care about
much better stocks to make money on in this market

#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

All true, but the easy integration with a major player like Shopify will help

Anything will help... end of day .coms are so expensive to run they need to make an obscene amount of money to catch up.

#5459 3 years ago

Anybody happen to ride the Tupperware(TUP) wave?

#5460 3 years ago

Great call on ATVI
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/activision-blizzard-q3-earnings-2020-200544700.html

Revenue: $1.77 billion versus $1.67 billion expected

Earnings per share: $0.78 versus $0.64 expected.

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anybody happen to ride the Tupperware(TUP) wave?

Had no idea, wow wish I would have bought some!

#5462 3 years ago

There are several ways to buy a company. Disney might very well get AMC but why not wait until they go belly up and get the assets for pennies on the dollar. AMC stock would be worthless in that scenario. Be careful on that play.

#5463 3 years ago

Who here thinks FSLY has fallen enough? Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one.

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There are several ways to buy a company. Disney might very well get AMC but why not wait until they go belly up and get the assets for pennies on the dollar. AMC stock would be worthless in that scenario. Be careful on that play.

The stock price is 2.52 as I type this. The 3.00 calls for JAN 2022 are .98 on the ask, so less than a dollar. It’s all time value, but I would go this route instead of owning outright. If they say they are going to sell stock to stay afloat, check in with the option after this selling is over.

Also you could buy puts if you think it’s going to continue to slide. Has 50-60 cents to move down before it’s at the recent low.

#5465 3 years ago

The people scared and waiting to play it safe are the exact investors we will be making huge returns off of in the future.

By all means, just wait it out. I’ve put a chunk of disposable income into it. I’d be sad if it disappeared but that’s why I’ve got bitcoin. Early this week as the stock market slide off a cliff bitcoin did the opposite and offset any loss.

#5466 3 years ago

I am officially 100% cash in my "day trading fund". I am quite certain that the stock market will be down today (Friday) through the day after the election (11/4). I will jump back in as soon as late day 11/4 TBD. I rode the market down to a 50% loss during COVID, and as of this morning I'm up around 10% for the year, so I'm more than happy.

I have not yet decided what to jump back in on yet, but Rocket is at the top of my list for 11/10 earnings, followed by PINS (I got my 50% rise in 3 weeks), TSLA (depending how far it dumps).

Once again looking for short term, not long term gains.

Good luck everyone!

#5467 3 years ago

especially if you've actually tried to use pintrest.. it has gotten worse and worse.. links to the source info are broken, or just malware.. to me it's on the verge of collapse not profitability

#5468 3 years ago

Fisker is racing off!

#5469 3 years ago

Volatility is how you make money.

Volatility = roller coaster

#5470 3 years ago

Anyone into Namaste? Trading at .25CDN but it’s a risky MJ sector stock.

N.V
NXTTF

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am officially 100% cash in my "day trading fund". I am quite certain that the stock market will be down today (Friday) through the day after the election (11/4). I will jump back in as soon as late day 11/4 TBD. I rode the market down to a 50% loss during COVID, and as of this morning I'm up around 10% for the year, so I'm more than happy.
I have not yet decided what to jump back in on yet, but Rocket is at the top of my list for 11/10 earnings, followed by PINS (I got my 50% rise in 3 weeks), TSLA (depending how far it dumps).
Once again looking for short term, not long term gains.
Good luck everyone!

I can't try and time the market like that.
I got lucky and by chance lightened some load in Feb on stuff I thought got way too high
Then, I road the covid rollercoaster down and back up by buying a crap load of stocks in the spring
I am up over 30% for the year due to those buys

I make plenty of mistakes though, like holding onto RKT for tool long
screwed the pooch on that one

#5473 3 years ago

Need to look at the math but S&P (SPY) 2700 to 2800 is significant buying opportunity. Obviously I would buy (SPXL) with 1/3 of the total. S&P just entered the Fear Zone along with FDN. But the S&P relative strength is still not ready to buy. My green sheet shows Solar Fund ETF (TAN) is a BUY but tight grips below $67. Also CRM which Ice mentioned is deep in the Fear Zone. SQ; UPS same.

So buying opportunities are coming. Even Silver Trust (SLV) is in the money wave.

#5474 3 years ago

Like I said, need more pain before I cost average in some more.

Just have to keep telling myself “pain is good. Pain is good.”

#5475 3 years ago

I believe now is a good time for Slayer Reign in blood no?

#5476 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

It is. Just turned up the LaScala's to 11. My neighbors are enjoying too. LOL!!!

#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Well what do you think is going to happen?

Small business is getting ravaged, covid is raging and we are about to have a likely contested election so.....

#5478 3 years ago

Buy TSLA
It's a screaming buy
All bow down to Elon
Disclosure: I own a few shares....

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

especially if you've actually tried to use pintrest.. it has gotten worse and worse.. links to the source info are broken, or just malware.. to me it's on the verge of collapse not profitability

.coms are their own planet.

The one I was at literally kept hiring people to "show growth". Nowhere to put them and no work for them or anyone with time to train them, just had to add body count. People would come on and just sit around all day and get paid.

They had me interviewing people in my sector for tech jobs and it got to the point where it was a few a day so I just asked them the dumbest questions I could think of just to mess with them.

They had no idea they were going to get hired just for showing up.

Literally, hi... have a seat. I like your haircut, whats your favorite band? ok here is a 75K job now go away. lol

#5480 3 years ago

My stop loss on PINS triggered at $60, but I got a nice 170% return on that. If it goes down significantly, may join the party again.
Definitely keeping an eye on what goes on over the next week or so, it's definitely Volatile with a capital V

#5481 3 years ago

The one I was at literally kept hiring people to "show growth". Nowhere to put them and no work for them or anyone with time to train them, just had to add body count. People would come on and just sit around all day and get paid.
They had me interviewing people in my sector for tech jobs and it got to the point where it was a few a day so I just asked them the dumbest questions I could think of just to mess with them.
Literally, hi... have a seat. I like your haircut, whats your favorite band? ok here is a 75K job now go away. lol

You should report that to the SEC. Even if twenty years later. Those that made you do that should be stripped of their wealth and go to prison.

#5482 3 years ago

Finally dipped out of my Boeing position while it was still green.
I had high hopes for the MAX to get recertified and that would blow out Boeing’s inventory problems, but I’m not about to take a loss.

I picked them up for dirt in April. Shoulda sold when I was up 200% instead of the measly dollars I made today.
If it dips back down to $80-90 again I’ll buy back in

#5483 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

You should report that to the SEC. Even if twenty years later. Those that made you do that should be stripped of their wealth and go to prison.

hate to break it to you.. but even to this day .coms are as full of shit as they ever were.

Oh no worries on the SEC... the .com crash took care of their wealth or potential wealth (and mine).

That company went from having Mary Meeker come tell us all how wonderful we are to WTF happened in a year or so.

They kept putting off going public and by the time they did it was armageddon.

#5484 3 years ago

Bought some APPL today. I think it will go lower and I have reserves waiting.

#5485 3 years ago

I think it's best sell off an wait. Once this election is over, depending on who wins, I'll be in or out for a while.
If Trump is in, I'm gonna go in full force. If not, I'm gonna hold back a while

#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I think it's best sell off an wait. Once this election is over, depending on who wins, I'll be in or out for a while.
If Trump is in, I'm gonna go in full force. If not, I'm gonna hold back a while

No matter who wins, there will be panic selling the day after the election. 5 November is the next day the markets could go Green. Buying into the close on the 4th the earliest.

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

It's actually common practice for a growth company to spend more than they need to as a psychological play to VC's to get even more money. While it's not usually done by hiring pretend employees, it's a practice that happens in many industries for many reasons.

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's actually common practice for a growth company to spend more than they need to as a psychological play to VC's to get even more money. While it's not usually done by hiring pretend employees, it's a practice that happens in many industries for many reasons.

Yah you have to show you are "growing" to get more money... and when you get more money you have to spend it to get even more money.

Its a treadmill.

Plus if you are thinking of going public the bigger the company is the better off you are.. so more employees equals bigger perceived size and value.

I did enjoy doing things like coming back from lunch at the Chinese place and asking potential new hires if they prefer kung pao to orange chicken and why.

#5489 3 years ago

What do you guys think of NIO?

#5490 3 years ago

What do you guys think of NIO?

Absolute trash and pure speculation

They’ve done absolutely nothing but options trading fueled speculation and sent their price soaring.
The only way a Chinese company is making GOOD electric cars is if their spies ripped off some quality shit from Tesla or GM.

#5491 3 years ago

There has been a lot of mention of REIT's in this thread as of late. I wanted to ask the thoughts, if anyone knows good or bad, about SKT (Tanger)? Would this be a decent long term play?

Thank you for any response.

#5492 3 years ago

Skt was unloved prior to the pandemic (in my opinion unduly so). In the pandemic they were taken out to the woodshed like so many others.

suspending their dividend certainly hurt, but hopefully allows them to survive.

Long term best case they work towards restoring their dividend and crawling back to where they were. That would still be a 2-3 bagger for those that get in now. Honestly though, I see that as a long shot.

In the mean time totally at the whim of the pandemic response. Could get some nice pops and get some nasty drops based on things entirely out of their control. It’s a gamble.

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

There has been a lot of mention of REIT's in this thread as of late. I wanted to ask the thoughts, if anyone knows good or bad, about SKT (Tanger)? Would this be a decent long term play?

I don’t know about SKT specifically, but an REIT’s health right now could simply depend on what they do. I own ABR, ACRE, and MAC. The first two are more loan originators and MAC owns malls. ABR got an upgrade today and an increased price target and is on a tear. ACRE is sort of just staying even, and the div makes me happy. MAC has all of their properties open and are collecting most of their rents without issue. They are still hanging low, but then again, 2 mall REITs are talking about bankruptcy today. So it can all hinge on what they do and what their current risks are.

#5494 3 years ago

So basically they ran it like a government agency..

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I've traded SKT a few times over the years. I currently own some shares. 500 a bit lower than it is now and another 1000 up about 10/share. Owning a REIT currently not paying a dividend isn't fun. However they paid back the credit line they drew down on at the beginning of the shutdown and their cash flow is now covering their expenses. They're in good shape to survive and recover when COVID is over. They were hated before the pandemic and probably won't ever get back to their old highs, but doubling or tripling from here isn't a stretch. I wouldn't be surprised if they are a takeover target at some point.

#5496 3 years ago

Thank you all for the responses and the opinions on SKT. I have not purchased any at this point but will be watching from the sidelines the next 2-3 days due to the outcome of the election and may make my decision then. I appreciate the feedback as REIT's are an unknown for myself.

#5497 3 years ago

Stock market climbing up...

we may a see a real challenge to democracy in this country and possibly rioting in the streets so of course it goes up.

#5498 3 years ago

Stock market climbing up...
we may a see a real challenge to democracy in this country and possibly rioting in the streets so of course it goes up.

if the party of Love, Compassion & Tolerance loses I fear the same

#5499 3 years ago

I think regardless of what happens with the vote, you are going to see some shenanigans tonight and the next few days.

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think regardless of what happens with the vote, you are going to see some shenanigans tonight and the next few days.

Welp.. never a good sign when the president builds a retaining wall around the white house.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/110?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.