Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 421.
#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Holy crap there is a sell off today!

One day soon it will sell off and not return for awhile.

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Covid panic part 57

Eh you know..

when the head of the "corona virus task force" (whatever the fuck thats is supposed to be) and everyone around him gets corona virus people get worried.

#5403 3 years ago

probably would not be a buyer of much until after the election

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

probably would not be a buyer of much until after the election

My thoughts as well.

#5405 3 years ago

Got rid of Apple. Goldman Sachs values it at $80.00/share. It's a bloodbath.

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Didn’t Warren Buffet sell off ALL of his Goldman Sachs? They’re worthless themselves. Apple will crush it and I feel bad for anyone who is cashing out.

I’m buying some cheap stocks today and riding it out.

Remember when the market crashed in March and everyone was in despair 6 months later that they didn’t buy all those cheap stocks? I picked up some great stocks and since then, no matter how badly they’ve dipped and rebounded, I’ve been in the money.
Take that as you wish

#5407 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

When it comes to Apple, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the opinion of Rod Hall at Goldman. This is the same guy that bet against Apple in September last year with a price target of $165 and was way wrong then, he downgraded Apple with a price target of $233-pre split six months ago and we all saw how that worked out. Can you imagine if you had a large stake in Apple and followed that advice, both times? Not saying we won't see some volatility with some downswings because we will, I just think Apple is a good long term play.

#5408 3 years ago

Buy Riets, like me, then sit back, and relax guys.
O, reality income.

Message from the Freeeek Riet Kingdom.

#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

If it drops below $90 - buy as much as you can

#5410 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Buy Riets, like me, then sit back, and relax guys.
O, reality income.
Message from the Freeeek Riet Kingdom.

They are getting hit now, as they should. Need to be patient for 1-2 years and you will be rewarded with 50%+ gains and locked in 5-8% yields. Folks looking for income will have a tougher time to find it for what seems like a long time and this will help REIT’s also. NNN PINE STOR WPC ESS AVB and more speculative SPG MAC UBA are ones I own and like. I have 6% of my portfolio in REIT’s and will slowly add more, but no rush.

#5411 3 years ago

If it drops below $90 - buy as much as you can

Now that's a plan

#5412 3 years ago

also buy Bitcoin cause maybe Biden

#5413 3 years ago

Lol buy bitcoin now? It’s 13.7k! A Biden win would begin the government regulation of bitcoin. The IRS already said it’s taxable, which is the entire opposite of the entire purpose of cryptocurrency.
If you can, get into ETH, the technology is groundbreaking and as smart contracts evolve the utility with become more worldly.

If Bitcoin is the “gold” of crypto, ETH would be the paper currency.

#5414 3 years ago

RTX beat EPS estimates and was down a little early on, but is down double that now. Seems to be a huge amount of concern over how bad BA is going to report.

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Lol buy bitcoin now? It’s 13.7k! A Biden win would begin the government regulation of bitcoin. The IRS already said it’s taxable, which is the entire opposite of the entire purpose of cryptocurrency.
If you can, get into ETH, the technology is groundbreaking and as smart contracts evolve the utility with become more worldly.

I think it's still attractive at current price - but I bought in under 10k
also have ETH

and of course Biden will tax everything he can ... that's a given

#5416 3 years ago

Anyone backing up the truck today, or bracing for more pain?

#5417 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

broke my rule of not buying before the election and picked up some MO
buy not jumping deep into anything at all

Have one holding that surprised me today CLGX

#5418 3 years ago

I lowered my cash position a tad by buying some aapl, but plan to sit tight from here on in.

Will take a lot more pain until we are down to back up the truck levels. Truck is ready if needed.

#5419 3 years ago

broke my rule of not buying before the election and picked up some MO
buy not jumping deep into anything at all
Have one holding that surprised me today CLGX

I am not a big dividend guy with a ton of tech, but I am adding a bit not only for the yields, but for growth over the short to mid term. I like Reits for this but did buy some value EPD at 15.30 and 16.20 recently. The ex divided date is tomorrow and will pay $.445 per share which is 2.6% currently if bought today. I feel it’s the only way to play an oil and natural gas recovery and will get up side when things open up again. These will be bumpy, but what isn’t, but hopefully will work our down the road.

I just added Reits NNN PINE since they took a hit, but hanging tight with 20% cash through the election but like you can bend that rule if things go lower.

#5420 3 years ago

Anyone looking at PLUG? I only bought a little just recently but it is the only thing in my portfolio that’s green today. Thinking about adding to it. It’s a green play and should do well regardless of who takes the helm.

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Backing the truck in slowly, watching.
My lift it up half way.

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am not a big dividend guy with a ton of tech, but I am adding a bit not only for the yields, but for growth over the short to mid term. I like Reits for this but did buy some value EPD at 15.30 and 16.20 recently. The ex divided date is tomorrow and will pay $.445 per share which is 2.6% currently if bought today. I feel it’s the only way to play an oil and natural gas recovery and will get up side when things open up again. These will be bumpy, but what isn’t, but hopefully will work our down the road.
I just added Reits NNN PINE since they took a hit, but hanging tight with 20% cash through the election but like you can bend that rule if things go lower.

I have EPD also
I did very well after the 08/09 crash buying strong companies with healthy dividends.
My idea was I will collect the 6% all day until the market recovers - and it worked out very well

#5423 3 years ago

EPD has been a temptation for awhile now. Not as sexy as tech...but that can be a good thing!

#5424 3 years ago

This is probably the second-leg-down phase of the W-shaped recovery I've been expecting. Shouldn't be as deep as the first leg - lessons learned - but I never felt the recovery was "for good" without having the virus under control. With cases ramping up again and winter coming on, I'm watching for another batch of clamp-downs and more small business failures. We need a reliable treatment, another stimulus bill (but without bailing out state pension funds, or we're toast long term), and the return of warmer weather to further reduce indoor spread. The obvious market question is when will the market realize it and how far in advance of the second recovery phase will it start back up? Of course politics is complicating everyone's predictions, too. My truck is still in the driveway, waiting for the blizzard to pass.

#5425 3 years ago

Awaiting pins and fsly earnings tonight. Will likely dump tomorrow and hold cash until election week. Up 10% on Pins and fastly the last few weeks(in at 45). Down on fsly at 75 entry. Fingers crossed.

#5426 3 years ago

Buy BTC no matter who wins! Keep stacking sats!!

#5427 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Awaiting pins and fsly earnings tonight. Will likely dump tomorrow and hold cash until election week. Up 10% on Pins and fastly the last few weeks(in at 45). Down on fsly at 75 entry. Fingers crossed.

WOOOO!!!
YOU SEE THAT 13% PINS AFTER-HOUR TRADING?
Bought into PINS and Fastly yesterday
YEEHAW IMMEDIATELY 10% up

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Anyone looking at PLUG? I only bought a little just recently but it is the only thing in my portfolio that’s green today. Thinking about adding to it. It’s a green play and should do well regardless of who takes the helm.

Plug is local, 30 minutes from me and I got some stock as a gift, and I saw it climb from like $9 2 months ago to $19 and now it’s at about 15? Definitely buy. It’s one of the leading hydrogen fuel cell companies

#5428 3 years ago

PINS is on fire! Big revenue beat!

#5429 3 years ago

BTC entire purpose is to protect yourself & your wealth from an ever printing FED, causing inflation & melting away your capital & buying power.
That’s what people said when it went to: $1, $10, $100, $1,000, $10,000. You get the point. FYI it can’t be regulated, it’s decentralized, & way too big now! But, gains can & will be taxed once pulled from “cold storage” & placed into your checking account. As they should be.
ETH has a lot of problems, they keep delaying 2.0. Now Cardano/$ADA has a bright future & is basically a penny stock at $.10 a token.
Happy trading!

#5430 3 years ago

WOOOO!!!

Plug is local, 30 minutes from me and I got some stock as a gift, and I saw it climb from like $9 2 months ago to $19 and now it’s at about 15? Definitely buy. It’s one of the leading hydrogen fuel cell companies

No... I don't see it. I see the + 25% after hours trading.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

PINS is on fire! Big revenue beat!

#5431 3 years ago

How did PINS do??

I would hold PINS for years until something fundamentally changes with the company. I don’t know any successful investors who didn’t hold but traded FB, AMZN, AAPL NVDA on their way to riches, but know many successful folks who bought and held those. If you picked a winning horse early on don’t sell it, let it run.

Long Pins for me. Long FSLY also. Good luck!

#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I don’t know any successful investors who didn’t hold but traded FB, AMZN, AAPL NVDA on their way to riches,

cEKRbMz.gifcEKRbMz.gif
#5433 3 years ago

Bought more FDN today. Always buy more FDN on big moves. Been buying for a long time.... It's a nice ETF

#5434 3 years ago

The talking heads are trying so hard to blame this downturn on coof.

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

BTC entire purpose is to protect yourself & your wealth from an ever printing FED, causing inflation & melting away your capital & buying power.
That’s what people said when it went to: $1, $10, $100, $1,000, $10,000. You get the point. FYI it can’t be regulated, it’s decentralized, & way too big now! But, gains can & will be taxed once pulled from “cold storage” & placed into your checking account. As they should be.
ETH has a lot of problems, they keep delaying 2.0. Now Cardano/$ADA has a bright future & is basically a penny stock at $.10 a token.
Happy trading!

I’ve been HODLing ₿ (Bitcoin) for a long time, but I just caution people because, even though I believe it will be a long term winner, FOMOing in will probably screw you hard. The past week along its fluctuated over a thousand dollars up and down each day. If you invest at 13.9 this morning you lost almost $800 in less than 12 hours.
It’s a tough game to play. Also it inevitably ramps up and corrects harshly.
And being decentralized and allegedly regulation-proof, the entire point was to avoid arbitrary taxes and the like.

#5436 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

Thanks. Now I can’t say that anymore. Lol

#5437 3 years ago

i wonder if that bodes well for TTD earning next week as well?

#5438 3 years ago

I’ve been HODLing ₿ (Bitcoin) for a long time, but I just caution people because, even though I believe it will be a long term winner, FOMOing in will probably screw you hard. The past week along its fluctuated over a thousand dollars up and down each day. If you invest at 13.9 this morning you lost almost $800 in less than 12 hours.
It’s a tough game to play. Also it inevitably ramps up and corrects harshly.
And being decentralized and allegedly regulation-proof, the entire point was to avoid arbitrary taxes and the like.

I hear yeah! I just HODL for the most part. I’m really looking forward to the next 18 months though! Things are going be interesting!

#5439 3 years ago

So is pins still a buy?

#5440 3 years ago

WOOOO!!!

PINS up 32% pre market

#5441 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5442 3 years ago

Sold pins at 67.50. Considering I bought it 2 weeks ago at 45 I am happy. It may run further but I will take 50% returns in 2 weeks any day.

Sold FSLY at a 10% loss. 10% in 3 days is too much. For me.

#5443 3 years ago

Sold pins at 67.50. Considering I bought it 2 weeks ago at 45 I am happy. It may run further but I will take 50% returns in 2 weeks any day.
Sold FSLY at a 10% loss. 10% in 3 days is too much. For me.

I am hanging on to PINS - they are on the horizon of monetizing their user base

#5444 3 years ago

let's see....

#5445 3 years ago

My stop on pins went off at $63.00. Nice BIG profit. I will let it cool down and then repurchase.

#5446 3 years ago

Don't blame you... selling is the only guarantee of locking in profit. It's also the only way to lock out future profits.

I have always had that psychological aversion to paying substantially more for a stock than I originally did. I broke that last week when I bought more @ 43 after originally buying @ 18, so I'm doing the opposite and letting it run. I wish I accidentally added a 0 on the end of my purchase like pinnyheadhead

#5447 3 years ago

Definitely a hold. On dips add to position. I wish I had more. Potential upside is good.

#5448 3 years ago

Congrats to all of you on PINS! I love seeing all of you profit. Great call by iceman44 on this one.

#5449 3 years ago

btw - I like the line on RIDE (used to be dphc). Really dropped in the past week and now 15. Could be a good time to buy in.

#5450 3 years ago

Ah yes... as former .com employee and stock holder I remember that phrase very well.

Easier said then done and rarely goes as planned.

Its a buzz phrase to make investors feel better that they bleed money and make little.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
There are 21,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/109?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.