IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 417.
#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It's a risk. A lot of the companies in that category just don't have the cash to survive. Profit margins are slim even in good times. The damage may already be done. Picking a future winner isn't that easy. Lots of things can happen when a company is beat down. Bankruptcy is the obvious one but there are other things just as painful. I held Fruit of the Loom when Warren Buffett bought it and cancelled the stock by paying down their debt. Guess what I got in that deal? if you guessed nothing you would be correct. In my opinion nearly all of these super depressed companies are not worth investing in long term. Short term - maybe. I think money is better invested in the winners. Winners make money and continue to grow (usually).

True.
Personally, I believe the Canadian Government would never let Air Canada fail. It's the only national carrier in Canada. I could be naive in this statement. Now when AC merges with Air Transat in the fourth quarter it will give AC not only be the title of only "Canadian National Airline" but also the owner of Canada's biggest Holiday Travel Airline. They would have all bases covered.

Some of these companies have huge cash reserves but the real determining factor is the time it will take for people to hop on the band wagon again and travel. News of a working vaccine would be the determining factor here and the amount of doses required to protect the population. I hoping we receive news before the end of November on that front.

#5202 3 years ago

I’ve been nibbling on MAC with every paycheck for the last few weeks and will keep doing that for a while. My two other REITs currently pay a better div, but the potential for MAC is pretty big. If they go back to that .55 quarterly div and I’m buying at the current sub-$8 range They will have paid for my shares bought now within 2 years. And I’ll just keep adding along the way.

I’m not retiring with this money, so if I can get a NIB game every year or so with dividends (at some point), that would be pretty cool.

#5203 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

True.
Personally, I believe the Canadian Government would never let Air Canada fail. It's the only national carrier in Canada. I could be naive in this statement. Now when AC merges with Air Transat in the fourth quarter it will give AC not only be the title of only "Canadian National Airline" but also the owner of Canada's biggest Holiday Travel Airline. They would have all bases covered.
Some of these companies have huge cash reserves but the real determining factor is the time it will take for people to hop on the band wagon again and travel. News of a working vaccine would be the determining factor here and the amount of doses required to protect the population. I hoping we receive news before the end of November on that front.

I hear you and agree but is doesn't have to fail to go to zero. Look at GM in the US. When I was younger I tried to invest in a very similar way. I was always looking for the big comeback. Sometimes it worked but mostly it didn't. I would have been better off buyer the winners of the time. Airlines, autos and travel are all off the table for me.

#5204 3 years ago

I'd be concerned overloading my portfolio with only stocks from the travel sector. I pondered about Air Canada but it's wayyyy to risky in my opinion.

I like MAC for the simple reason that people will want to shop in droves once they feel it's safe to do so. (I drove by the Edmonton Airport outlet mall on Tuesday around 2pm and the parking lot was 1/2 packed. I was a little surprised)

I like TISI, OXY and RDSa in the oil sector because I believe oil will be what helps us outta this COVID downturn in 2021. And also demand will go up once things slowly return to some type of normalcy in 2021.

I like CCL because, like shopping, people will want to get out and travel when they feel it's safe to do so.

MAC, TISI, OXY, RDSa and CCL are at historic stock price lows. 2021 will be the rebound in my opinion.

As Ice says.....buy in the ditch!

#5205 3 years ago

Curious about Wells & Fargo....any thoughts on their stock? Looks like an in the ditch stock at the moment. I believe they hired some competent people from Visa and Credit Suisse to help them turn the ship around after their recent scandals.

Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on WFC?

#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Curious about Wells & Fargo....any thoughts on their stock?

If you can't get the company name right, you probably aren't in a great position to invest in or trade its stock.

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

If you can't get the company name right, you probably aren't in a great position to invest in or trade its stock.

Time to sell I guess. Thanks for the great input!

#5208 3 years ago

You are welcome. Current CEO is working on taking his foot out of his mouth. Slight improvement from the account fraud from a few years ago.

#5209 3 years ago

That guy can’t survive what he said. No way.

#5210 3 years ago

So much rot at Wells Fargo. Even if they are free and clear going forward, there is a potential minefield of past malfeasance.

I like visa/MasterCard and fintech over big banks, and pretty much any other big bank over Wells Fargo.

#5211 3 years ago

Jpm is the better buy

#5212 3 years ago

I'm thinking about XOM for the long haul... 9% dividend is solid in a retirement portfolio and the likelihood of doubling in the next couple of years seems to be high.

Quoted from iceman44:

The Biden plan proposes to RAISES TAXES at EVERY SINGLE INCOME LEVEL if you actually earn a living.

Sure, if everyone makes over $400k. 99% of us won't see a tax increase.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm thinking about XOM for the long haul... 9% dividend is solid in a retirement portfolio and the likelihood of doubling in the next couple of years seems to be high.

Sure, if everyone makes over $400k. 99% of us won't see a tax increase.

I have heard him say anywhere from $60k to $500k will see a tax increase. In general taxes under Biden are going north.

#5214 3 years ago

Cramer is no longer liking Rocket. Does that make it a buy? I flipped 1k shares on Thursday from 19.60 -> 20.75. I think it's worth repeating if it gets back down there.

“Rocket is a very strange company because when it was at $18.90 I said buy it, then it went up to the high $20s, I said sell it. Now it’s right back to $20. I feel like, hey, you know what, I had my call with Rocket and now I’m ready to move on. There are a lot of people who are short the stock. They don’t like the ownership structure.”

#5216 3 years ago

Cramer is really good at making yesterday's news more entertaining, but his show's financial value is similar to the nutritional value of circus peanuts.

#5217 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Curious about Wells & Fargo....any thoughts on their stock? Looks like an in the ditch stock at the moment. I believe they hired some competent people from Visa and Credit Suisse to help them turn the ship around after their recent scandals.
Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on WFC?

They cant seem to stay out of their own way, and are obviously a shady company. Not something i would invest it.

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So much rot at Wells Fargo. Even if they are free and clear going forward, there is a potential minefield of past malfeasance.
I like visa/MasterCard and fintech over big banks, and pretty much any other big bank over Wells Fargo.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Jpm is the better buy

Quoted from Roostking:

They cant seem to stay out of their own way, and are obviously a shady company. Not something i would invest it.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

#5219 3 years ago

Is there a formula that states, "If you have x amount of money, you should onlu invest y amount into a stock"?

For instance, if you have $10,000, its not wise invest in google @$1400 a share.

#5221 3 years ago

Well on the positive side, this week I completed all the steps for the backdoor Roth. Will see at tax time if I did it right, but it was pretty straightforward.

If it’s all in the clear, this is something we will do yearly until they change the rules of the game again.

Pinside Lounge taught me something. I should frame that or put it on a shirt.

#5226 3 years ago

Thread turning into politics? In before the lock......

#5227 3 years ago

You forgot, "I'm really rich!" - Donald J. Trump

#5231 3 years ago

Not to go off topic, but I'm curious what you guys think of my stock situation.
First off- Total amateur stock buyer, I know very little.
I bought a share of Tesla with Robinhood last summer, kind of as a goof. I've been buying little bits of stock here and there ever since. I told myself instead of Keno at the bar, or the occasional scratch ticket, I'd throw $50/100 at Robinhood every so often. I bought some marijuana stock that mostly tanked, a few odd stocks because of a news article or something I liked, a few pharmaceuticals because why not, and some because they were low at the beginning of this COVID thing (Microsoft, Apple, airlines). I bought way too early into the COVID situation, but still made some money. There is also a little Bitcoin in there. I've invested $2,700, I now have $5,100. It's been as high as I think $5,800. The great majority of my profits are from Tesla. I was thinking about cashing out and buying NIB pin. I lucked out not knowing what I was doing and might as well take it and enjoy it. I'd probably leave the pharmaceuticals at least until the COVID thing is over. Or I could just leave it, I don't need the money right now, or need a NIB pin. I have a handful of somewhat secure stocks and got lucky on a few. Hopefully in the long run they will continue to grow. There is also the fact that it's in the big picture a very small investment, and who cares.

#5232 3 years ago

Back to the market and MAKING MONEY. PINS up to $41, close to new all time high. Guggenheim initiated buy , target $48, TTD back to $485

Apple $113, I'm accumulating on dips.

SE $157

SPG rallies back a bit. MAC back to $7.12.

CCL awaiting CDC announcement. Probably a bit further delay?

#5233 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Not to go off topic, but I'm curious what you guys think of my stock situation.
First off- Total amateur stock buyer, I know very little.
I bought a share of Tesla with Robinhood last summer, kind of as a goof. I've been buying little bits of stock here and there ever since. I told myself instead of Keno at the bar, or the occasional scratch ticket, I'd throw $50/100 at Robinhood every so often. I bought some marijuana stock that mostly tanked, a few odd stocks because of a news article or something I liked, a few pharmaceuticals because why not, and some because they were low at the beginning of this COVID thing (Microsoft, Apple, airlines). I bought way too early into the COVID situation, but still made some money. There is also a little Bitcoin in there. I've invested $2,700, I now have $5,100. It's been as high as I think $5,800. The great majority of my profits are from Tesla. I was thinking about cashing out and buying NIB pin. I lucked out not knowing what I was doing and might as well take it and enjoy it. I'd probably leave the pharmaceuticals at least until the COVID thing is over. Or I could just leave it, I don't need the money right now, or need a NIB pin. I have a handful of somewhat secure stocks and got lucky on a few. Hopefully in the long run they will continue to grow. There is also the fact that it's in the big picture a very small investment, and who cares.

SELL!!!
Good for you and your stock savings account! Seriously, your almost at 100% profit. Why not?, get the NIB PIN!
If this was your retirement, an IRA or something else I would say no. No offence, We're not talking 100k here.
There will be plenty of time to buy stocks. More dips coming, New Highs, Plenty of News and Life over next 12 months to get this train going.

#5235 3 years ago

As the CEO of Campbell’s Soup, are you intentionally making these types of puns?

https://apple.news/A3x9s8oHyQOuckV63yFpl7A

It’s a Wall Street Journal article about food companies still trying to catch up with production demands and what may or may not be getting made so they can focus on the most in-demand items.

5E4495AB-116C-4AD3-B09A-F096C56D5B9C (resized).jpeg5E4495AB-116C-4AD3-B09A-F096C56D5B9C (resized).jpeg

#5236 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'd be concerned overloading my portfolio with only stocks from the travel sector. I pondered about Air Canada but it's wayyyy to risky in my opinion.
I like MAC for the simple reason that people will want to shop in droves once they feel it's safe to do so. (I drove by the Edmonton Airport outlet mall on Tuesday around 2pm and the parking lot was 1/2 packed. I was a little surprised)
I like TISI, OXY and RDSa in the oil sector because I believe oil will be what helps us outta this COVID downturn in 2021. And also demand will go up once things slowly return to some type of normalcy in 2021.
I like CCL because, like shopping, people will want to get out and travel when they feel it's safe to do so.
MAC, TISI, OXY, RDSa and CCL are at historic stock price lows. 2021 will be the rebound in my opinion.
As Ice says.....buy in the ditch!

Just a quick note to say - I think SPG is a better play than MAC. (That's what I ended up buying)

This article summarizes my thoughts - comes down to balance sheet (I'm not a seeking alpha fanboy but I agree with this post).

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4376627-simon-property-group-fears-vs-facts

Maybe the right move is put a few $$ in both.

#5239 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Just a quick note to say - I think SPG is a better play than MAC. (That's what I ended up buying)
This article summarizes my thoughts - comes down to balance sheet (I'm not a seeking alpha fanboy but I agree with this post).
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4376627-simon-property-group-fears-vs-facts
Maybe the right move is put a few $$ in both.

Totally agree with that assessment. SPG safer play

#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Thread turning into politics? In before the lock......

We're trying NOT to lock it because there are some interesting discussions / suggestions here...
Please keep it on topic, thanks.

#5244 3 years ago

Thanks, Gambit!

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

As the CEO of Campbell’s Soup, are you intentionally making these types of puns?
https://apple.news/A3x9s8oHyQOuckV63yFpl7A
It’s a Wall Street Journal article about food companies still trying to catch up with production demands and what may or may not be getting made so they can focus on the most in-demand items.
[quoted image]

Took me a bit, but now I see it.

#5246 3 years ago

I don’t see any posts by Gambit recently in this thread of major consequence???

1BCD9B76-0C99-43B8-96D0-17B7A10F3A4C (resized).png1BCD9B76-0C99-43B8-96D0-17B7A10F3A4C (resized).png
#5247 3 years ago

12 deleted posts out of the first 40 on this page.
pretty good ROI.

#5248 3 years ago

FAKE NEWS!!!

#5249 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don’t see any post by Gambit recently in this thread of major consequence???

Thread has been cleaned up a bit to stop the derailment.

On topic, man is tech sloshing around lately. I am enjoying it.

#5250 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Thread has been cleaned up a bit to stop the derailment.

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.95
There are 20,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/105?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.