(Topic ID: 214271)

Stock DCS speakers or Pinsound Speakers on WPC games?

By JediPimp

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

What is everyone's opinion on stock speakers with pinsound? I use the stock speakers with my Judge Dredd (I even have the stereo cable hooked up) but I see that Pinsound now carries their own brand of speakers. Can anyone tell me if they are actually worth the extra money?

#2 6 years ago

A better speaker will sound better. Your best value and sound will be going to parts express (or similar) and buying your own. There's some work involved and you will have to make sure you have the right impedance and clearance so you are buying value getting a kit. I'm picky, so I roll my own. If you don't have time or want to mess around, buy the kit.

Edit: I just realized you were talking about pinsound vs pinball pro. My bad.

#3 6 years ago

They are definitely better. If you have a PinSound, get the PinSound speakers. They are very (very!) high quality and sound amazing with a good PinSound mix (not all games have a good mix!)

Not to say pinball pro speakers are bad, but the PinSound speakers are made specifically to go HQ

#4 6 years ago

Yes I was referring to Pinsound speakers vs stock WPC speakers.

Do the Pinsound speakers give more bass?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Yes I was referring to Pinsound speakers vs stock WPC speakers.
Do the Pinsound speakers give more bass?

You can dial in bass on PinSound, so it's sort of a moot question. PinSound + PinSound Speakers is far better than Stock WPC sound board + Pinball Pro speakers

#6 6 years ago

lol I'm sorry I've confused you all what I meant was is the difference between Pinsound board + Pinsound speakers a big improvement over Pinsound board + stock WPC speakers?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

lol I'm sorry I've confused you all what I meant was is the difference between Pinsound board + Pinsound speakers a big improvement over Pinsound board + stock WPC speakers?

Yes big improvement.be sure you also get the stereo cable ; I think it comes with the speakers. Stereo cable is a necessary component

#8 6 years ago

Hi everyone. I took the plunge with the Pinsound speakers! I'll let you know how they sound with Pinsound and my custom JD mix!!!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Hi everyone. I took the plunge with the Pinsound speakers! I'll let you know how they sound with Pinsound and my custom JD mix!!!

Good job, my friend, you will not regret it! The woofer is very HQ, so you can dial up the bass a bit (sounds best if you cut a larger hole in the cabinet but it's not strictly necessary)

#10 6 years ago

Is anyone willing to do a custom Pinsound mix for Dredd? I've made a custom one but it only has new music and maybe one or two SFX replaced, not a complete revamp. I think this game would really benefit from a fully custom sound mix with new Music, Voices and SFX. Hell, i'd be willing to chip in to get it made! I just don't have the resources to do it myself. Any takers?

1 week later
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good job, my friend, you will not regret it! The woofer is very HQ, so you can dial up the bass a bit (sounds best if you cut a larger hole in the cabinet but it's not strictly necessary)

Not sure if this happened to you but the speakers sound quite quiet and muddy. It was actually much crisper and louder with my DCS speakers! I'm using Pinsound Speakers (Williams Kit) and Pinsound 1 Board with Stereo 2.1 cables on my WPC-DCS Judge Dredd. Any advice. The subwoofer itself is realllllly quiet.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Not sure if this happened to you but the speakers sound quite quiet and muddy. It was actually much crisper and louder with my DCS speakers! I'm using Pinsound Speakers (Williams Kit) and Pinsound 1 Board with Stereo 2.1 cables on my WPC-DCS Judge Dredd. Any advice. The subwoofer itself is realllllly quiet.

Something is set up wrong, double check your connections. The cab speaker should be super loud.

Also check that your treble / bass settings are correct. Put them in the middle, at 12 o'clock to start

What volume is your game set at?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-dcs-speakers-or-pinsound-speakers-on-wpc-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.