• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TZCLOCKed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

hey guys!

My sttng machine is still acting up. All the switches are working perfectly. However, while playing the ball will start battle simulation and load the left gun. This happens all the time. Does this point to the power driver board? Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

I don't own an STTNG but whatever shot starts that mode must have a flaky switch, mechanical or opto. It obviously thinks you've hit that shot and so it's starting the mode.

No, nothing to do with the driver board. Everything to do with the switches related to that mode.

#3 12 years ago

That's a weird problem. I don't think there is a particular switch that starts it. It either starts from Choose Mission, or when it's "time" comes. What I mean is, in between balls the next mission will flash until you shoot Start Mission to actually start the mission

I almost wonder if he has a faulty ROM

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Johnny:

I almost wonder if he has a faulty ROM

That seems logical.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from TZCLOCKed:

However, while playing the ball will start battle simulation and load the left gun.

Can you rephrase this sentence in a way that is less ambiguous?

I can interpret it as "The ball will be directed to the left cannon when it shouldn't be" (which per the rule sheet, will allow you to shoot it per the normal rules)

Or "The game will behave as if the ball is in the left cannon, when the ball is not"

In the second case, the problem is a switch problem. ST:TNG cannons are notorious for that.

In the first case, the problem is likely with the mechanism used to feed the balls to the left cannon; check the applicable diverter mechanisms.
Depending on how they work (I havn't gotten to see a ST:TNG's internals), this could be anything from a jammed mechanism to a loose wire/bad coil (if the machine needs to fire the coil to direct the ball to not-left-cannon) or blown (stuck on) transistor (if the machine needs to fire the coil to direct ball to left cannon, and the transistor is stuck on, it would leave the coil permenantly energized and hence always on). Basic examination of this assembly should make it clear which of these is the case.

#6 12 years ago

Sorry for the bad sentence

You are absolutely correct. The ball will be dircted to the left cannon when it shouldn't be.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

#7 12 years ago

Check the lower diverter (the one that chooses left cannon or lobs it onto the habitrail leading to left inlane) - finally found pics of the underside of the PF (why aren't there any pics on Pinside?)

#8 12 years ago

I could upload some. No problem. If any one ever needs photos from any machine in my collection please don't hesitate to ask!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stnng-power-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.