By Zitt

3 years ago

Stats

• 78 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by Patofnaud
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16228523668_65f1c2e325[1].jpg
16206042818_b911e4d74e[1].jpg
14417163065_1566a9ea85[1].jpg
stngwingledPP.png

There are 78 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I didn't vote because I just bought a red one from you recently. I still haven't installed it yet but my current KBOP has frosted white which I like. I went with green leds and windows for my Borg ship so I wouldn't want that on the KBOP. I can see purple because of all the purple on the playfield but purple light does more to enhance existing colors rather than change them. I will have to get mine installed and see how I like the red. If I was going to be in for any other color it would probably be white.

1 week later
#52 3 years ago

Tonight I submitted a prototype order for FabD of the WingLED PCBs at OSHPark. Fab D makes changes:
* Support higher voltage LEDs (such as white, purple)
* Add a brightness "knob"

It'll be at least 2wks before I get them back from OSH Park at which point I hope to test Purple and White along with the new circuitry. If they seem to work ok... I'll get quotes on a small number of assemblies.

I was kinda shocked that the FAB A circuit boards were featured on the OSH "Staff Picks" blog:
http://blog.oshpark.com/2014/06/staff-picks-for-the-week-of-9-june-2014/

#53 3 years ago

Great news & congrats for making it to the Staff Picks!

#54 3 years ago

That's pretty cool.

#55 3 years ago

Received one also. Haven't yet received my Hallmark Klingon Bird of Prey so connected board to WMS original ship with hot glue. Let's see how well that will stick there.

Just wondering if there could be another solder points for connecting boards together. It's easy to solder left wing and GI connection to right one. If there would be another set of points for jumper connection from left board in right one that would be easier to solder.

#56 3 years ago

No room for the PCBs to fit in the red area with more connections.

#57 3 years ago

Reminds me I need to finish mine, I bought the hallmark ships hut never installed them. I'll check your site for hookups and such. Looks oos though

3 weeks later
#58 3 years ago

Any update on the new colors zitt?

#59 3 years ago

I have tested Warm White and Purple on a new fab with a Brightness pot. They are basically ready to go. I'm probably going to holdoff purchasing these until I get a few more designs ready to be built. I'm thinking first of Feb before I order.

I need to take pictures of both installed when I get some ships in to mod.

I'm working on a WingLED mod for Stern KBOP and a LED mod for DataEast / Bally Star Trek Machines.

Former here:
» YouTube video

2 weeks later
#60 3 years ago

Here's a sneek peek of the new colors which should be available in March time frame:

Purple:
16206042818_b911e4d74e[1].jpg

Warm White:
16228523668_65f1c2e325[1].jpg

The WarmWhite WingLED prototype is for sale at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-klingon-bird-of-prey#post-2216911

#61 3 years ago

Looks great Zitt. I'm in on the purple version.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

1 month later
#62 3 years ago

Stern Star Trek WingLEDs are announced here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-wingleds

I'm also expecting a shipment of Purple, Warm White, and Red STNG WingLEDs. If you are interested; please note there is an "in stock" notification link at the top of the product page in red:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/1

1 week later
#64 3 years ago

Chris, Ralph, Glenn, and Craig - your KBOP LED kits shipped yesterday via USPS First class.
Stephen - your's ships today.

2 weeks later
#65 3 years ago

Gerry - your WingLEDs shipped (at postoffice) today and should be on the way.

7 months later
#66 2 years ago

Pinball-Mods.com will be doing a Black Friday - Cyber Monday Sale. The discount is 12.5% off every in-stock item in our store. You will need to enter a Discount code on the Payment screen. The code is BFCM2015 and will not be active until Black Friday (11/27/2015) - no early shopping on Thanksgiving.

Backorders are not allowed but will cover every thing we have in stock including (but not limited to):
STNG KBOP WingLEDs

I have a limited stock of STNG KBOP ships which can be Built-To-Order... and will be included in the sale - if you use the Waitlist before the end of the sale. First Come First Served.

Sale Ends Monday Nov 30 at 11:59pm CST. Shipping may not be super-fast like usual... if the demand is high.

7 months later
#67 1 year ago

Sorry for resurrecting a super old thread, but I was wondering about if a cool-white version has been thought about? I have cool white LED bulbs under my current (stock) BOP to help with general illumination. I was thinking of trying the red or purple but white might be a more natural fit for my configuration.

#68 1 year ago

I've got to finish my BOP ship! I got sidetracked...

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from m00dawg:

Sorry for resurrecting a super old thread, but I was wondering about if a cool-white version has been thought about? I have cool white LED bulbs under my current (stock) BOP to help with general illumination. I was thinking of trying the red or purple but white might be a more natural fit for my configuration.

Sorry; no. The Warm White LEDs are NOT selling. Purple is only marginally successfully selling.
Red by far is the most popular. I have no plans on further fragmenting the market with even more color choices. Once I sell out of Warm White; I likely won't be restocking it.

That said; I do have a couple of blank PCBs. If you wanted me to hand assemble a cool-white version... we can discuss. Feel free to PM me... or contact me via the website.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from m00dawg:

Sorry for resurrecting a super old thread.

Please, don't be.

#71 1 year ago

Cool I'll send ya a PM, thanks Zitt!

4 months later
#73 1 year ago

Any chance of a Black Friday sale again this year? I just got a Star Trek and my hallmark kbop is on its way. I'd even buy the white or purple if the pricing is better since I haven't even gotten to flip this machine yet so I don't know what's best yet...

11 months later
#75 6 months ago

These WingLEDs are eligible for our Black Friday 16% off Sale while supplies last. Discount does not apply to shipping.

Must Enter Discount Code: BF2017

5 months later
#76 20 days ago

Hey Zitt, installed the wing leds however only one side lights up, change polarity and the other side lights up. I cant get both to light at once.

#77 20 days ago
Quoted from Pie-STTNG:

Hey Zitt, installed the wing leds however only one side lights up, change polarity and the other side lights up. I cant get both to light at once.

That seems right.
Are you powering these from a DC or AC source?
IF DC; that's proper operation as the WingLEDs are designed to plug into the 6.3VAC wiring harness of the STNG.

Heard back from @Pie-STTNG ... he was running this with GI OCD (a dc source); and had to apply the fix posted by @patofnaud in this thread.

1 week later
#78 9 days ago

yeah that odd on again off again guy...

Fix still runs on my STTNG today.

There are 78 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside