You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16228523668_65f1c2e325[1].jpg
16206042818_b911e4d74e[1].jpg
14417163065_1566a9ea85[1].jpg
stngwingledPP.png
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Replace those fugly bulb sockets present in the Star Trek: The Next Generation Pinball machine's Hallmark Klingon Bird of Prey. This Pair of boards provides all the circuitry to power your KBOP directly from the STNG's 6.3VAC GI. The board will power the KBOP's attract features such as the body, flashing cannon, and engines while casting your playfield in a bright Klingon red glow.

stngwingledPP.pngstngwingledPP.png
Each wing comes with three superbright red LEDs to illuminate the Playfield.

Example Installation:
14417163065_1566a9ea85[1].jpg14417163065_1566a9ea85[1].jpg

Regular Price is $39 + S/H.

Where can you buy one of these Do-It-Yourself kits?
http://Pinball-Mods.com/oscom

Why didn't I link directly to the product? Glad you asked - I'm looking for the Pinsider-Masses to help me test the shopping cart system which just went live... in exchange for your work; I'm offering you a 20% discount on the product.

Help me test the site by browsing for the product; reading the description; working within the cart system with a final "checkout" thru Paypal. And; Yes - I know the Informational pages are not yet live.

A detailed step-by-step Installation Instruction PDF is included in the Product description; so please read thru it and provide your feedback here or via PM.

The 20% discount is set to expire Sunday night or when exhausted the current stock - whichever comes first.

Update: Sale on everything in stock at Pinball-Mods.com/oscom. WingLEDs are ~12% off. The KBOP I have is 20% off. Sale expires on Monday 12/1/2014.

#2 9 years ago

I poked around your site a bit, I only found two things that seemed off. (both very minor)

Clicking on the Modifications category the page shows the DIY sub-category twice ( like I said very minor)

The other was just a difference from most other sites. Setting up account information does not have a pull-down for the State field. It is nothing really wrong, it has just been so long since I have seen a site without that it stands out.

Otherwise everything else that was live seemed to work as expected when I clicked. The only other things I noticed was a couple of the images in the installation pdf had horizontal lines across them, but I could not tell if that was just a bad download of the pdf for me.

It is nice to see an affordable mod like this come around, glad you are able to offer some up to the community.

Good luck with your site!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm not sure why the state isn't a pull down. Must be a "Feature" of the osCommerce site.

Your order helped me determine the inventory system isn't decrementing on successful orders and there wasn't a Shipped option in the order invoice page.

I need someone else to do an order now so I can see if the decrement inventory is working. For some reason sandbox worked for me... but the live paypal server isn't doing the work.

I'm glad we're testing the shopping cart; because I need it to work right when the Stern PopCaps go on sale.

The PDF looks good here... and none of my alpha testers reported an issue. What version of Reader are you using?

Much appreciated.

#4 9 years ago

Tried to order after creating an account,
No shipping to Australia?
"Error Shipping is currently not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase"

#5 9 years ago

Sorry. No. The zone files won't allow this and the USPS module isn't working right.

Pm me your address and we'll invoice you direct.

#6 9 years ago

I have about 7 sets of #2-56 screw sets left. When those are gone; the part should go out of stock until I get some new parts in. I'll try to go Monday to see if I can find them locally.

If your on the fence; get your order in while the "testing special" is going on this weekend.

#7 9 years ago

I have 4 left. Sale ends tonight.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for helping test the server / cart system everyone.

Still not 100% sure the inventory system is working right - but I won't know until I "sell out" of the original batch of WingLED boards.

Hopefully the system will work well for my next project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/opinioninterest-check-stern-star-trek-popcaps

For those still interested in these WingLEDs; the direct product link is:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php?products_id=1

Again - thanks!

#9 9 years ago

Don't you love it when you find these sales a day late

#10 9 years ago

My WingLED kit arrived today. Hopefully I can get around to installing my KBOP this weekend. Thanks Zitt.

#11 9 years ago

When these sell out do you plan to restock? Any chance of other colored light, like purple?

#12 9 years ago

I meant to post earlier this week, but time got away from me. My kit showed up in good shape Tuesday, which is very quick shipping. Sadly I do not have time to install it now, but maybe in the next week or so.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

When these sell out do you plan to restock? Any chance of other colored light, like purple?

I still have about 13 or so to sell out. Unless sales remain steady (they haven't); I don't plan to restock. Right now I'd say there is minimal chance they'd be restocked in anything other than red.

#14 9 years ago

Salut,

I would have taken one, if you would ship international (France).
I was thinking to make my own mod, but having something "plug and play" would be my first choice.

Cheers,
flugs

#15 9 years ago

Pm me your address in France and I'll get you a shipping quote like I did for Australia.

1 week later
#16 9 years ago

Mine arrived today,thanks mate

2 weeks later
#19 9 years ago

Nice mod, green would be pimpin' borg style

#20 9 years ago

I am out of stock on ready to ship WingLED kits.
The remaining kits are missing the #2-56 screws. Remaining stock will be sold on FCFS basis - I expect to receive the screws Monday via UPS; so any orders this weekend will ship on Tuesday with the screws.

IE full kits are available - but backordered (not shipped) until Tuesday.

#21 9 years ago

Your led mods are amazing. I wish you did them for more games then just Star Trek ones

#22 9 years ago

will these work with the STLE Klingon ship version?

#23 9 years ago

Any chance for a "WingLED-Kit-Revision1" with white (either warm or cold) LEDs?

I could magine that this could be a high runner and a STTNG essential mod with white LEDs, red is kind of very niche. Maybe make a poll what people want?
Everyone i showed this to was all over it, but they all wanted something closer to the original color-wise...maybe this aversion for colored LEDs in GI is just a European thing, though...

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

will these work with the STLE Klingon ship version?

No. It's primary universe only.
Abrams-alternate is not compatible.
I have a board set I designed for my Abrams-KBOP:

but I haven't even considered taking them to production - mainly due to the amount of work the user would have to do to install them.

Quoted from someoneelse:

Any chance for a "WingLED-Kit-Revision1" with white (either warm or cold) LEDs?

Right now I'd say it's a low chance. ATM; I do not have a plan to do a second run of theses boards.

#25 9 years ago

I would be happy to send mine to you for you to mod like that...it looks great!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I would be happy to send mine to you for you to mod like that...it looks great!

The problem with that mod ... is the sheer amount of work needed to make it look right.
I broke at least 3 bits drilling out the small holes in the aluminum for the body leds. I'm not sure I could sell them at a reasonable price.

#27 9 years ago

Snagged one.

#28 9 years ago

I forgot today (Monday) was Cyber Monday... so I'm letting the sale on WingLEDs continue thru today. Last chance to get one if you are interested at a discount.

I'm out of stock on full KBOP assemblies... ok; I have one - which needs the connector for the wiring harness. If someone wants it before the sale goes offline; send me a PM or email.

#29 9 years ago

midday bump for those that may have missed this.

#30 9 years ago

Thanks Chris and Richard... we may be getting down to fumes on the stock. I'm not at home; but I think there may be 5 or so left. FCFS

#31 9 years ago

Keith, Damon, Mark, Marc, Chris, and Richard - your packages will ship tomorrow.
I have 3 WingLEDs left in stock. 12% off sale ends tonight (Monday 12/1) at midnight central time.

#32 9 years ago

Thanks Zitt.

#33 9 years ago

And Tallon's will ship tomorrow too right

#34 9 years ago

Tallon - yes. It's already taped up and ready to go out.
Keith, Damon, Mark, Marc, Chris, and Richard - your packages are already at the post office.
I now have 2 WingLEDs left in stock. 12% off sale ends tonight (Monday 12/1) at midnight central time (30 minutes from now).

#36 9 years ago

Dammit! 12 hours too late!

#37 9 years ago

All T-day/BF/CyberMon orders have been shipped. Some have already gotten them.
Thanks for the support guys.

I'm pondering re-stocking these WingLEDs... since I sold them out over the two sales.
I'll post more if I decide to do so.

#38 9 years ago

Sold Out. Last one goes to Germany.

#39 9 years ago

got mine today! do you have a wiring diagram you can share?

#40 9 years ago

Khaaaaaaaan!!!!! Well, put me down for the next batch of WingLED's.

Thx,

Glenn

#41 9 years ago

I put together a survey to capture LED color options and quantities of people interested in the next revision of this board.

http://goo.gl/rFbbtY

Right now; I'm thinking the magic number is 25 interested people to do another batch.
Please take a moment to look at color choices and put your vote in. At least the two Most popular colors will likely make it into assembly; but I won't be doing every color under the rainbow.

If you want to have an opportunity to have an early order - please be sure to include your email address. I'll send the email when they are back in stock - at least 24hrs before I post here.

#42 9 years ago

Got mine. Zitt is the man!!!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I put together a survey to capture LED color options and quantities of people interested in the next revision of this board.
http://goo.gl/GdiIKG
Right now; I'm thinking the magic number is 25 interested people to do another batch.
Please take a moment to look at color choices and put your vote in. At least the two Most popular colors will likely make it into assembly; but I won't be doing every color under the rainbow.
If you want to have an opportunity to have an early order - please be sure to include your email address. I'll send the email when they are back in stock - at least 24hrs before I post here.

Great!

But is this survey working for anyone? I think I am in edit mode when i click the link - can't make any choices, it just opens the "edit" dialogue when I try to click something. I'm using Safari if that matters in any way.

#44 9 years ago

I was wondering why there were no responses. Let me see if I can duplicate the issue.

Umm... unsure what happened; all the questions basically disappeared.
I recreated them:

Let me know if you continue to have issues.

#45 9 years ago

Works fine now.

#46 9 years ago

Mine is almost installed, waiting on molex connectors to put in under the playfield.

Easy to install however a word of advice --

In the instructions where Zitt advises to put a key or other item under the KBOP wing when drilling the 1/16" holes to mount the circuit boards -- make sure you do it. A 1/16" drill bit on the end of a Dremel going straight into the tip of your ring finger makes for a lot of blood, a sore finger and the inability to play bass guitar.

#47 9 years ago

lol... yeah; umm... yeah. I spoke from experience.

#48 9 years ago

mid afternoon bump:
I've only gotten 4-5 responses so far.

#49 9 years ago

Thanks to those whom have voted so far.. 5-6 of us. Not statistically valid enough number to make any decisions for any future builds. Surprising to me... some have desired purple; which I wouldn't have guessed.

If I were to take anything from the current data; it looks like Red and Warm White are the most popular. Green seems to be a mixed bag. Neutral and Cold white have a less than desirable outcome.

#50 9 years ago

There's a lot of purple on the playfield, so the thinking might be along those lines. I rated red and purple as the highest - just finished the form, so add one more.

Thanks!

Glenn

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-wingled-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.