• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-04-13 23.10.59 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

I have a StnG, second one, sold the first years ago and forgot what a great game this is. I cannot stop playing it.

So, the issues I am having is the right probe hits the ramp loop whenever I try to shoot at the Neutral Zone. I don't want to bend the loop, so I was wondering if there is an adjustment to the probe? Maybe mine is firing too high? Not sure. Hits the ramp everything and can never make that shot.

I do have the occasion when it spits out 2 balls during play when I am pretty sure it's only supposed to be 1. There are two during the Kardashians (yes my sons said he always knew they were aliens, I have to agree). I think they are the ones asking for more energy. This is normally 2 balls I believe but once in a while I get 2 balls during another mode. It might be opto under the subway. Is there any other modes where 2 balls are in play?

I have the extended lane guide but damn that right lane still loves to drain.

Still, this is one of my fav games. I have the Stern LE but the game play on NG is just awesome and I like it better. Stern LE just looks way sexy. Great game and looks fantastic with LED's and topper. I want to put on ColorDMD but my topper is using the 12v connection and I think adding ColorDMD will over draw 12v. If I figure out how to add the topper to it's own 12v external, problem would be solved but I am not that good.

Ed

#2 7 years ago

My topper runs off of the GI lighting while my color DMD uses the 12 V .....

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago

But's GI is 6v right?
Pretty sure my Laserific is 12v.
I really want to put a colorDMD on the game but I don't want to lose the topper

2016-04-13 23.10.59 (resized).jpg2016-04-13 23.10.59 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Nice game...multiple ball release is usually an opto issue. This is a general statement cause I sold my STTNG so I can't tell you exactly but yes, check the opto in the subway and also the micro switch that tells the game how many balls are in there, just like a trough switch. As far as the probe firing too high (call it the cannon), you can take the cover off of it and all it is is just coil with a plunger, so you can mess with that so it can point lower, but probably the easy thing to do is to just bend the scoop cover a bit. Now lastly, there are several places that you can tap 12v from. Do search on google on WPC 12v power tap, you may need to buy a splitter.

#5 7 years ago

When I got my STTNG the cannons definitely fired high, my issue was with the left cannon shooting for the far right, it would hit the end of the loop (habitrail) where it was the lowest. I used some washers to raise the loop as high as I could without touching the glass, there are a couple of points you can adjust this way. I also put a washer under the cannon rotating mech which lowered the angle the cannon was firing. The one gotcha was that I raised it too much once and if you let the loaded cannon travel all the way it would just drop the ball out. It works well now though.

#6 7 years ago

Ahhh, he's talking about the wireform ramp loop. OK in that case the best bet is to adjust the cannon angle.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks guys. I will give it a try.

btw, I just scored 5.5 Billion on mine last night. What a game!!!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

So, the issues I am having is the right probe hits the ramp loop whenever I try to shoot at the Neutral Zone. I don't want to bend the loop, so I was wondering if there is an adjustment to the probe? Maybe mine is firing too high? Not sure. Hits the ramp everything and can never make that shot.

The only way this can happen is if something is bent, or not assembled correctly. There is no adjustment for the angle of the cannon, it is designed to fire parallel to the playfield.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

The only way this can happen is if something is bent, or not assembled correctly. There is no adjustment for the angle of the cannon, it is designed to fire parallel to the playfield.

Probably not assembled correctly as the guy that owned it before me did try to shop it and messed a few things up. This has to be something he screwed up.

#10 7 years ago

Let me know if you need pictures of anything ... I have pics of just about everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-questions-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.