STNGPopCaps_0257_purple (resized).JPG
IMG_2748_purple (resized).jpg
P_20170618_193610[1] (resized).jpg
P_20170618_193701[1] (resized).jpg
P_20170618_193635[1] (resized).jpg
P_20170618_184834[1] (resized).jpg
STcap.jpg
STNGPopCaps_0239.JPG

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

If you offer sets with both 3 purple and uniform colors, I'd probably buy that set to have options; otherwise I'm getting purple!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

going for the uniform colors, like on the stern star trek kits you do?

Exactly.
The blue cap may be a darker blue. I got some of that material as I thought it might look closer to the screen; but now that I think about it... I may have been remembering DS9 uniform colors which were more teal.

#53 6 years ago

I couldn't wait until this weekend to install these sweet ash undercaps.

Due to popular request; here is a purple undercap with purple BriteCaps EVO:
purple undercap w/ purple BriteCap EVOpurple undercap w/ purple BriteCap EVO
purple undercap w/ purple BriteCap EVOpurple undercap w/ purple BriteCap EVO

Here's blue:
blue undercap w/ blue BriteCap EVOblue undercap w/ blue BriteCap EVO
blue undercap w/ blue BriteCap EVOblue undercap w/ blue BriteCap EVO

Here's Engineering yellow under the beta ramp:
natural white 5 led smt cometnatural white 5 led smt comet
Using natural white 5LED SMT comet led since I don't have a better LED at the moment.

Here's the Uniform colored undercaps:
Red - Command, Blue - Science, Yellow - EngineeringRed - Command, Blue - Science, Yellow - Engineering
Unform ColorUnform Color

I like the purple and the red; but really love the extra color the Uniform Undercaps bring to the pop area. In my setup; I modified my Red Command EVO to use Purple LEDs when shining on the Playfield; and left the natural white "above" the Advanced Mission plastic.
I ran out of Purple LEDs so wasn't able to modify the LEDs on the Blue EVO.

I need to figure out a warm white LED option for the cutdown cap.

The EVO-compatible Undercap worked very well; all though I found out that Red has a different layout that Blue or Purple... so I'm going to have to make an invisible revision to the Undercaps pictured here.

For me; I'm staying Uniformed colors. I know others won't like that color option; so I'll have do a survey or something to figure out what color options to offer. I will that because I have to cut these caps at Techshop's laser... I *WILL NOT* be offering every color option under the sun. That laser is 40minutes away... and I have a day job; so can't be making numerious trips to customize everyone's order.

At most I'm thinking:
Uniform Colors
All Red
All Purple
I don't see the value of a Clear Undercap at this time - if you feel differently; please provide some reasons why it's a good idea.

#54 6 years ago

The uniform colored caps with the purple LEDs on the PF looks awesome!

I assume you will not be offering customized BrightCaps with white top and purple bottom. Can you post a link to the purple SMD LEDs or a part number that we can use to modify our BrightCaps?

#55 6 years ago

I love the purple and will be ordering a set of 3 as soon as I am able.

#56 6 years ago

I like the uniform colors and will order a set when you're ready.

Great job as always

#57 6 years ago

I still want purple, but I'll buy the uniform colors too if you give me the option.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I assume you will not be offering customized BrightCaps with white top and purple bottom. Can you post a link to the purple SMD LEDs or a part number that we can use to modify our BrightCaps?

No, at this time - I don't see myself stocking any BrightCaps; much less offering modified EVO pcbs.

The LEDs I used are here:
http://www.kingbrightusa.com/product.asp?catalog_name=LED&product_id=AA3528VRVFS/A

I'll look into maybe offering the Purple LEDs as an optional part of the kit; if there is interest. Let me know.
If there a LOT of interest; I can add "modification" instructions as an appendix to the install instructions.

1 week later
#59 6 years ago

I have provided a Google Survey to collect preferences as to which Undercap and LED options to offer as part of our kits:
https://goo.gl/forms/QhWqKS9AF6mxuYuq2

Please fill free to submit your opinion. I will use the data collected to build inventory of the Undercap colors and to ensure I have enough LEDs to offer with the kit. This isn't a "pre-order"; more of an "i am interested" list. If you provide me with your email address; I'll offer a coupon for this product as a "thank you" and would only be valid for a week or two after product launch.
I'll send that coupon to the email account provided once the store page is available.

Please let me know if you have any issues accessing the survey.

#60 6 years ago

Zitt You are the man! I always appreciate seeing someone taking a logical and smart approach to offering a new product. Survey completed. Looking forward to adding these to my STTNG!

#61 6 years ago

Thanks. Im working a behind the scenes details... So this survey will help get the best combinations.

1 month later
#62 6 years ago

I've been working on the Undercaps for these popcaps. These Undercaps are more complicated than the Stern_Star_Trek PopCaps because they require both an Laser Cut step and a 6minute CNC step to put the LED channel in the Undercap. The 6minute step machines all 3 caps in a set.

I've completed about 15 or so "sets" of the RBY uniform colored Undercaps. Tomorrow, I hope to laser cut another 19 sets of yellow "cut caps" so I can finish machining enough sets to put the product for sale.

I still need to laser cut and machine All red and All Purple Undercaps; so that will take another couple of days.

I'm going to order another Set of Evo LEDs so I can document the "rework" and document the modification process for the instructions. Then I'll be working to Install a set on another local STNG to document the entire installation process.

I hope to have the instructions ready next week so I can start selling these.

If you are interested in pricing (still subject to change):
http://Pinball-Mods.com/url/stngPopCaps

#63 6 years ago

I already have 2 purple evo's in my bumper area. Can I reuse and just get the caps? Also would just need a single one with evo for under the ramp.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

I already have 2 purple evo's in my bumper area. Can I reuse and just get the caps? Also would just need a single one with evo for under the ramp.

I won't be selling EVO LEDs.
Only standard LEDs or the 11SMD variety.
If you want EVO you will have to order from a different vendor as they are too expensive for me to carry.

#65 6 years ago

Took some pictures from the installation instructions... thought these were pretty cool:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/36076226094/sizes/o/
36076226094_aca33c803f (resized).jpg36076226094_aca33c803f (resized).jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52968060@N00/36076225604/sizes/o/
Uniform UnderCaps w/ BriteMods EVOs and Purple SMT - no flashUniform UnderCaps w/ BriteMods EVOs and Purple SMT - no flash

#66 6 years ago

Instructions for install and EVO modifications posted to product page:
http://Pinball-Mods.com/url/stngPopCaps

I hope to be able to offer these for sale as early as Thursday Evening assuming my Inventory goes well.

#68 6 years ago

These Williams Star Trek: The Next Generation Popcaps are now in stock and available for immediate sale at:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-star-trekthe-next-generation-popcaps-p-24.html

Now thru 9/7/2017; I’ll be running a special on these popcaps for 10% off with a 10% match for these PopCaps to the American Red Cross for Hurricane_Harvey relief. This means you get the caps for $76.06 and I’ll also donate >$8.45/set ordered to the RedCross for each set sold at the end of this sale. While supplies last.

My Pre-Order customers already eliminated my (and Comet's) stock of All purple 11-SMD LEDs. I'm currently hoping to source some from Cointaker but do not expect to have stock until late next week best case.

#69 6 years ago

Bumping for Harvey donations which expire on the 7th.

#70 6 years ago

These look awesome, I can highly recommend Zitt products, his Stern Star Trek caps are awesome, buy with confidence people!

#72 6 years ago

I am extending the Harvey matching thru this weekend due to #Irma... I hope we don't have another catastrophic event in Florida... but reports are possible of a Cat5 landfall in SoFL. While Irma isn't expect to stall over of FL for several days like Harvey did... I do suspect we are going to have problems in FL.

#73 6 years ago

You're a good man Zitt, and this mod is awesome looking and I haven't even installed it in my STTNG yet!!

2 months later
#74 6 years ago

These Popcaps are eligible for our Black Friday 16% off Sale while supplies last. Discount does not apply to shipping.

Must Enter Discount Code: BF2017

2 weeks later
11 months later
#76 5 years ago

Pinball-Mods.com is having a site-wide Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale.

All Pinball-mods.com products are 18% off - Must use discount code: BF2018. This includes these STNG Popcaps.

All Pinball.Center products and STNG VUK kits are on sale for 10% off - No discount code needed.

All sales will end at 11:59pm on Cyber Monday (11/26/2018). Shipping is not discounted. Limited to stock on hand - No Rain Checks.

1 year later
#77 4 years ago

These PopCaps are on sale during our Star_Trek: Picard salethru 1/27/20.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 63.95
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-popcaps-any-interest/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.