Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
STNG Forlorn and Forgotten

Letter received on Monday August 1st 2016.

Monday August 1st 2016

The kids are grown and STTNG has sat un-used for several years. I tried to start it up and found that it returns to initial state. I can change it to no-coin-needed, but it refuses to save that condition. I found the batteries were dead, replaced all, but to no avail. Ideas what may be wrong? All else works fine. If I can’t fix it maybe you have suggestions on where I could find a repair person in the San Francisco Bay area?

Thanks

Scotty

Well Scotty. Batteries might not be your issue. You can get a meter and check if power is getting onto the CPU.

I'd be sure the memory protect switch on your coin door is working otherwise when you open the coin door and make changes they won't be saved.

If any repair person contacts me I'll get their information to you.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stng-forlorn-and-forgotten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.