(Topic ID: 72824)

STLE's questions to current owners

By astaroth

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I actually just subscribed as I ordered my first Pin after 20 yrs of pinball coma and went for an STLE, having always liked Star Trek and watching through various videos the ball flow outcome from Richie's design. So now I will have to suffer a loooong wait until end of January for delivery.

What I could not find any comments about from current owners is:

- how the shaker spins during what gameplay. Being called Warp Core Resonator Shaker Motor maybe during Warp loops?
- is there any extra protection coating on the playfield being an LE? I saw recently a Metallica PRO in a bar nearby and it's surface was really consumed all over after just a few months, so that scares me.
- Any hi-res pics of the table and playfield showing the new VUK design instead of that horrible early design that pulls the ball in the warp loop. Thank god the changed their mind btw

#2 10 years ago

I've noticed it shake when you:

Hit the vengeance ship
Defeat the vengeance ship
Lock a ball
Start a multiball

#3 10 years ago

You can set the shaker to off, seldom, moderate or alot. Mine set to moderate and you get the above results. When set to seldom though, I haven't seen it shake at all. Maybe code not ready for that setting yet.

#4 10 years ago

The LE does have an extra coat of clear and looks incredible.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks! Looks promising... shaker programmed in a balanced way and the extra coating should make the design shininess last longer!

About the VUK last minute design change... It makes sense now, compared to the previous design, that it's kicked out only in one direction. The previous two way made sense with the old design. One eject was probably same as in the Pro and the other one in the warp loop. Feature wise it's a loss but I do like the new arched eject much more. In videos I've noticed it might rail out when speed is maxed.

#6 10 years ago

Make sure you change out your Stern balls they are terrible, this alone will make you playfield last a lot longer. The bars, locations do not do this and that is a major cause of the wear...

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Make sure you change out your Stern balls they are terrible, this alone will make you playfield last a lot longer. The bars, locations do not do this and that is a major cause of the wear...

Wow.. Didn't know this could make such difference. Any suggestions on where these can be ordered?

#8 10 years ago

Anyone with a couple hundred plays on STLE? How is the playfield looking? Also the Dude had mentioned something in another thread about something in the game damaging the balls (think it was the auto launch?)... Anyone else notice this issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stles-questions-to-current-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.