(Topic ID: 77843)

STLE - where is plastic cover above drop target?

By Squall

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-35.jpg
image-214.jpg
179033-i.jpg
i-5TScKBf-L.jpg
i-ns223cM-L.jpg
i-LGKvSTN-L.jpg
#1 10 years ago

St Pro has this cover but Le doesn't. Drop target causes air balls from time to time. Can we avoid this? Will Stern send the cover for Le customers?

#2 10 years ago

pinbits?

#3 10 years ago

Hello All,

Our ST:LE protector set is designed to stop airballs by covering up the Vengeance shot entrance just past the lip of the drop target.

http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-12-24/35589122_wP4k7p#!i=2989947213&k=LGKvSTN

The plastic is a complete cover for the vengeance drop target area. On our game the opto wire was in the path of the ball on a steel ball guide, so we put a notch in the back of the plastic to re-position the wire out of the balls way along a support pole. You can see the before and after here.

Before: http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-12-24/35589122_wP4k7p#!i=2985810663&k=ns223cM
After: http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-12-24/35589122_wP4k7p#!i=2989944428&k=5TScKBf

i-LGKvSTN-L.jpgi-LGKvSTN-L.jpg i-ns223cM-L.jpgi-ns223cM-L.jpg i-5TScKBf-L.jpgi-5TScKBf-L.jpg
#4 10 years ago

Pam can you post a link to that part on your site (I didn't see it)

#5 10 years ago

It is part out of ST:LE Protector set, which is found here with and without blue sling covers with an engraved hex pattern.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_77&products_id=575

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_77&products_id=579

#6 10 years ago

Is it hard to install this cover? Could you describe this. Should I remove something to install this cover? What about this cable?

Can you deliver it to Poland?

#7 10 years ago

This LE/Premium plastic with the interactive LED will not break. I ship worldwide.

179033-i.jpg179033-i.jpg

#8 10 years ago

Tmzel - but your plastic doesn't prevent from air balls when drop target goes up.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

Tmzel - but your plastic doesn't prevent from air balls when drop target goes up.

Got it, balls will freely fly. In another thread that plastic was broken because of the air ball.

#10 10 years ago

So what is solution for air balls, when this cover from pinbits will be broken

#11 10 years ago

Pinbits makes a good product. Its your choice to deal with air balls or get that pinbit plastic. Nice thing is, that if it breaks you can buy another.

#12 10 years ago

Tmezel could you give me link to your shop?

#14 10 years ago

I like the blue sling covers what would postage be to Australia thanks Pam?

Peter

#15 10 years ago

Hello All,

We're confident our vengeance lane cover will not break. If it does, we will ship you a new one free of charge, as with all of our protectors.

The cover is a very easy install, you loosen the screws at both entrances that fasten the plastics, as well as the plastic around the front pop bumper. The protector will slide in, grab the opto wire, and requires very little centering to get it just right.

Our protector set also includes a PETG piece that goes in front of the red plastic, covering both the plastic and the edge will dramatically reduce the chance for the ball to strike it and break it. (seen in the photos)

Our website supports international shipping to most countries. If you have any trouble with our website simply email your cart to [email protected] and I will return a shipping quote.

Thank you

#16 10 years ago

Pam,

Any chance you can email me back on my issue with the X-Men protector set having the wrong size piece for the blackbird plastic and missing protectors for the plastics in the bumper area? I sent pictures of the differences, but have not heard back in over a month. You were also going to compensate me or send the missing plastics.

I still love Pinbits protectors and suggest them for all machines. Hoping to get the X-Men pro ones fixed.

#17 10 years ago

Hello Jeremy,

Email sent. We appreciate feedback on improving our protectors, always.

Thank you

#18 10 years ago

Pinbit's does well to stand behind their products. I had a plastic protector break and they shipped a replacement out immediately.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Pinbit's does well to stand behind their products. I had a plastic protector break and they shipped a replacement out immediately.

Quoted from Pinbits:

Hello All,
We're confident our vengeance lane cover will not break. If it does, we will ship you a new one free of charge, as with all of our protectors.
The cover is a very easy install, you loosen the screws at both entrances that fasten the plastics, as well as the plastic around the front pop bumper. The protector will slide in, grab the opto wire, and requires very little centering to get it just right.
Our protector set also includes a PETG piece that goes in front of the red plastic, covering both the plastic and the edge will dramatically reduce the chance for the ball to strike it and break it. (seen in the photos)
Our website supports international shipping to most countries. If you have any trouble with our website simply email your cart to [email protected] and I will return a shipping quote.
Thank you

Very cool, great customer service.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinbits:

Hello All,
Our ST:LE protector set is designed to stop airballs by covering up the Vengeance shot entrance just past the lip of the drop target.
http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-12-24/35589122_wP4k7p#!i=2989947213&k=LGKvSTN
The plastic is a complete cover for the vengeance drop target area. On our game the opto wire was in the path of the ball on a steel ball guide, so we put a notch in the back of the plastic to re-position the wire out of the balls way along a support pole. You can see the before and after here.
Before: http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-12-24/35589122_wP4k7p#!i=2985810663&k=ns223cM
After: http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2013-12-24/35589122_wP4k7p#!i=2989944428&k=5TScKBf

i-LGKvSTN-L.jpg 105 KB

i-ns223cM-L.jpg 79 KB

i-5TScKBf-L.jpg 93 KB

I must be having a grey moment. I received the protectors tonight, I ordered the ST:LE protector set, but I can't seem to find the piece that you are talking about in this post: the Vengeance airball protector. Pam can you single out that piece for me in a pic?? By the way the blue etched sling-shot pieces look very nice and well worth it.

#21 10 years ago

You can use either the single piece on the left which covers the whole vengence opening.
Or, the combo two pieces on the right if you want to leave it open.

image-214.jpgimage-214.jpg
#22 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You can use either the single piece on the left which covers the whole vengence opening.
Or, the combo two pieces on the right if you want to leave it open.

image-214.jpg 423 KB

I didnt get the piece on the left, must have been left out?

#23 10 years ago

Hello all,

It is possible you bought the protectors before the addition was made -- we made it from the feedback provided to us. Simply shoot me a PM with your email and I will mail out the piece to you. We appreciate your support and patience.

Thank you

#24 10 years ago

Thumbs up to Pinbits, I got an email, a few days back actually, saying the addition is in the mail. Thanks Pam!

#25 10 years ago

I got mine installed along with the vengeance dress up kit (blue disk under the main saucer)
Thanks Pam!
image-35.jpgimage-35.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-where-is-plastic-cover-above-drop-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.