Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobKnapp
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just finished updating to 1.5, at the same time installed the Pinbits Vengeance disc mod. All I did was remove the two plastic bits off the top of the Vengeance saucer, put the blue pespex bits in, put the plastics back on.

First game, first ball gets stuck between the lower pop bumper and the post beside it to the right, as it does with monotonous regularity. While I'm waiting for the game to go into ball search mode, the Vengeance drops and stays down. The machine eventually fires everything to unstick the ball, but the Vengeance stays down. I enter diags for the test, but it says "unable to open or close". I pull the glass to try move it back to home position, but it doesn't want to move (both with power on and off). The spring bends but coil plunger underneath looks stuck forward.

I thought I'd seen a post on here earlier about a stuck-down Vengeance but unable to find it.

Any ideas? I'd rather not have to pull the damn thing apart to fix it (but I know what's coming......)

Cheers,

FP

#2 9 years ago

I just dealt with this today. Had to take the black metal plate off that's below the ship. The coil that rocks the ship was stuck forward because a metal tab to the left of it pinched in behind it not allowing it to return. I bent back the small middle part of the tab and all was good. Was a fairly quick fix once diagnosed.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks mate. After a bit more searching I found the post that talks about the Vengeance locked down. I'd simply searched for "Vengeance" thinking that would be enough to find it. Silly me.

Anyway, I went into the coil tests and frigged with #56 Vengeance Latch, which quickly unlocked it. I ran the Vengeance test from Diags -> Game -> Ship, and it seemed to go up and down ok. My daughter is playing a game now with no problems.

So I guess I dodged the bullet this time, but just wondering if it will bite me on the arse again. Of course, the ball getting stuck on the bottom pop will definitely happen again......

5 months later
#4 9 years ago

Been having this same issue - and I also have the mod installed. I don't think the mod has anything to do with it since the ship is like stuck down when this happens. Once the vengeance goes down either by being defeated or by the test menu, it comes back up very slowly and I cant move it by hand - like every time a bumper bumps the ball, the Vengeance moves back into proper upright position by a little bit. After a while its all back to normal.

Going to check for this metal tab.

#5 9 years ago

I had a similar problem. Latch from coil was releasing, but ship was still down, and would slowly come back up, sometimes wouldn't unless it was nudged. I cleaned the grooves that the ship slides in, and then sprayed some silicon lubricant on a q-tip and used the q-tip to lightly lubricate the grooves. Worked the ship back and forth a few times and now everything works perfectly.

#6 9 years ago

When I had my Star Trek I had this same problem. The disc is just heavy enough to weight down the ship in the front and it will keep the latch right out of reach from the coil. I actually tightened up the black cables (flasher & disc mod) leading to the ship by pulling them back inside the cab a bit and the problem was solved.

2 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

Revisiting this thread to post the solution in my case. It seems the guides that take the Vengeance down and forward have quite a bit of friction and then the springs on the sides are pretty weak so the the added weight of the saucer mod (we're talking less than 20 grams roughly) makes the vengeance stay down and slowly come back up as the game shakes with vibration, mostly from the nearby pop bumpers.

Called Stern and they had some more complicated idea involving the grooves the ship moves along. The solution in my case was to shorten the springs using pliers to cut them shorter, now it works like a charm.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from filthyPierre:

the ball getting stuck on the bottom pop will definitely happen again......

I made a video that will solve the POP bumper issue .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-vengeance-down-wont-come-back-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.