10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stern.jpg
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

In an attempt to get this thread back on track.... Does anyone know if Stern is allowing pickup at their facility again? I guess they changed policy back in March because of Illinois tax laws or something. Just curious.

#52 10 years ago

Good question. I've wanted to have the Stern factory experience while picking up a NIB. That would be pretty sweet.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You again. The topic is a release date for STLE. Not code. As the gentleman who started this thread reiterated again and you apparently dont care. Im sorry your frustrated with Stern and code but you dont have to consistently take it out on newbies that really enjoy pinball. Why dont you respectfully start a thread about code. And I will respectfully not participate. Stop attacking other people with your frustrations with Stern. At least thats what it feels like. It must be terribly frustrating but I really was just communicating positively with another pinball enthusiast.

Where did you see me attacking people? I never do that, ever.

OP clearly commented Stern doesn't finish their games which I agree with. I also offered a congrats for getting a new game because it's cool.

Anyway I am not here to attack the "newbie". My apologies if I made you uncomfortable bcfast or you Kklank

Sorry I ruined your panther party

#54 10 years ago

Run Forrest Run!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Run Forrest Run!

OK Jennnaay

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

Haters going to hate just the way things are. I am stoked to get this as my first nib and don't care what anyone else thinks. I am glad that there are new machines still being made!

I cant remember if you said it earlier. Is this your first NEw in the box also? Are you a big STLE fan? I liked the original tv series . i saw the reruns. Funny thing is that I saw the latest Star Trek movie with my son and I thought it was pretty good and they even had the old Spock in the movie! So thats making it even better me and the family. Cant wait!!

#57 10 years ago

FYI. My Stern distributor says no pickup at Stern. I will probably pickup at the local R&L hub because I have the patience of a three year old.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I cant remember if you said it earlier. Is this your first NEw in the box also? Are you a big STLE fan? I liked the original tv series . i saw the reruns. Funny thing is that I saw the latest Star Trek movie with my son and I thought it was pretty good and they even had the old Spock in the movie! So thats making it even better me and the family. Cant wait!!

And that's what it's all about

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Tell your fantastic news to the folks who bought WOF
Oh how lucky people are to have bought Xmen 2 years ago & still have an incomplete game
How dare we mention the code, the nerve of us!
PS all BS aside congrats on the new game.

Holy shit.

Talk about a kick in the nuts!

You are acting like CraZ4pin was a few weeks back where he was just repeating the same crap about ST over and over and over again. Trollish behavior, and is not actually helping in any way.

I'd really hate to put you in the same category...but I think it's too late not to.

"Updated Code" is the new meme.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy shit.
Talk about a kick in the nuts!
You are acting like CraZ4pin was a few weeks back where he was just repeating the same crap about ST over and over and over again. Trollish behavior, and is not actually helping in any way.
I'd really hate to put you in the same category...but I think it's too late not to.
"Updated Code" is the new meme.

Although we often agree Rob it appears we are on two different pages regarding Stern's code.

Oh well, 9/10 ain't bad

You know I'm not a Stern hater/troll, just a frustrated Stern supporter.

I will try to relax a bit on the subject. Been all fired up lately since selling off some games & realizing the titles I want seem to be ignored/incomplete.

I do like the updated code meme idea though.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I will try to relax a bit on the subject.

That's all I'm asking really.

I mean we all (obviously) want finished/updated code. But when you get to the point where that's all you are seemingly posting about, and you start dumping on a newbie's post talking about how excited that they are for their NIB ST pin, I think it's time to do exactly what you say above.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Where did you see me attacking people? I never do that, ever.
OP clearly commented Stern doesn't finish their games which I agree with. I also offered a congrats for getting a new game because it's cool.
Anyway I am not here to attack the "newbie". My apologies if I made you uncomfortable bcfast or you Kklank
Sorry I ruined your panther party

No worries! And thanks for the apology. Im probably overreacting as well. I guess when one is passionate about anything sometimes it gets interpreted the wrong way. I really do enjoy this hobby and Ive never had a hobby since I was a kid. Which speaking of kids, I think everyone should be trying to get their kids or grandkids to the expos. Thats how this hobby really grows! My kid is just as excited as I am about the STLE! Good stuff. Best wishes.

#63 10 years ago

how long will it take stern to build thru all 800 LEs?
Weekly Factory capacity?

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

how long will it take stern to build thru all 800 LEs?
Weekly Factory capacity?

good question. What's the normal turn around @ Stern per week? how many pins can they build in a given week.

#65 10 years ago

I'd guess about 225 a week, so just under a month.

#66 10 years ago

Don't the first 400 go across the pond first?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My prediction is Stern switches to a new system and updates for all current games cease.

I'd bet switched to end-of-life status with critical fixes only for a year.

#68 10 years ago

A Forrest Gump pin where the wizard mode is simply to collect all the different ways of preparing shrimp?

#69 10 years ago

I'm so relaxed I'm....

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Don't the first 400 go across the pond first?

Not sure if the shipments are going across the pond first, Distributors in Canada are calling for delivery in early November, my Distributor estimates taking delivery on games by November 11th. Don't know if anyone south has heard when shipping in USA.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

In an attempt to get this thread back on track.... Does anyone know if Stern is allowing pickup at their facility again? I guess they changed policy back in March because of Illinois tax laws or something. Just curious.

They are not allowing it.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

A Forrest Gump pin where the wizard mode is simply to collect all the different ways of preparing shrimp?

That Would be EPIC!!!

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

the extra ball animation isn't even implemented and it shows icons from the test menu instead.

So that's why I saw the test menu junk pop up during my game. . .good to know that means "Extra Ball"

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

So that's why I saw the test menu junk pop up during my game. . .good to know that means "Extra Ball"

Little things like that piss me off. For this price I should be able to play with friends and not have to explain glitches. Grr.
On the bright side looks like we will see some LEs soon!! Here is to code updates and seeing the Starfield projector.

#76 10 years ago

The ST LE will be my first NIB so I was wondering do they ship with coin mech's ? I use Happ quarter/.984 token combo coin mech's in my games. I assume if they ship with coin mech's they would be quarter only mech's. I guess either way I need to place an order for the quarter/token mech's so I will have them when the game arrives.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

The ST LE will be my first NIB so I was wondering do they ship with coin mech's ? I use Happ quarter/.984 token combo coin mech's in my games. I assume if they ship with coin mech's they would be quarter only mech's. I guess either way I need to place an order for the quarter/token mech's so I will have them when the game arrives.

No worries. It will take quarters.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

No worries. It will take quarters.

Unless you buy iron man classic or "the pin"!

#79 10 years ago

Just got news that there is another week delay because of a problem with a supplier. Looks like they start shipping Nov 18th.

#80 10 years ago

STLE ships to Canada between Nov. 11th - 19th so the States will be after that sometime. As Canada always gets theirs first.

2 weeks later
#81 10 years ago

Woo Hoo, just got an email from my distributor with my BILL Of Lading/Delivery Order for my Star Trek LE
It says,
"Good News!
Your STLE Is shipping from Stern Today!! Attached is your Bill of Lading (Master Shipping Document) Please Look it over to be sure it looks correct. Tomorrow I should have tracking information for you. "

I am getting excited now.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Woo Hoo, just got an email from my distributor with my BILL Of Lading/Delivery Order for my Star Trek LE
It says,
"Good News!
Your STLE Is shipping from Stern Today!! Attached is your Bill of Lading (Master Shipping Document) Please Look it over to be sure it looks correct. Tomorrow I should have tracking information for you. "

Congrats. Hoping I can get mine next weekend from my distributor.

#83 10 years ago

Great to see some USA customers will get their game for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Nothing like a good meal, family and some pinball.... congrats to the owners.

#84 10 years ago

Elated !!!!!!

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

It says,
"Good News!

Great news.

#86 10 years ago

GREAT NEWS!! Mine should be tomorrow or Monday. Will make for a very satisfying holiday.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from bcfast:

GREAT NEWS!! Mine should be tomorrow or Monday. Will make for a very satisfying holiday.

Mine too! I receive a lot of freight from Chicago and it is usually next day.

#88 10 years ago

Mine too. Shipping today!

#89 10 years ago

Mannnn I hope I get an email soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-starts-shipping-nov-11/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.