Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DougPiranha
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

This is what my Star field projector looks like now. It is a much larger display and I like it . I used the EVIL Dremel to achieve my mod .

#2 6 years ago

Yes, that is much better. Still not *that* interesting, but better.
Scott

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Still not *that* interesting

I think it is a awesome part of the game even before the mod.

#4 6 years ago

That does look a whole lot better!! I'd be curious to see what the actual projector unit looks like, how it's mounted and who the OEM for it is. I assume it's in the apron?

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I think it is a awesome part of the game even before the mod.

Totally agree. Star field projector is saweeheat!! Gets you pumped to wipe out the Klingons from Uranus

Btw love the modification Jim

#6 6 years ago

How about posting us a pic of the area amount that you dremeled out from the apron? I'd like to know how much was removed to acheive this.

#7 6 years ago

Be careful when you ream out the hole,I used a high speed cutting tool in my dremel and only had on eye protection and no gloves and I have a lot of small shards in my hands and it is no fun.Use eye and hand protection

#8 6 years ago

I've a question is this supposed to be a star field or laser battle?

It would have been cooler if laser shots were fired rather than just wave the dots wander around IMO

#9 6 years ago

Looks better-time to bust out the dremel.

#10 6 years ago

I herd that this originally projected all over the room but Stern had to make the hole smaller. So is IT being projected all over your room now?

#11 6 years ago

New games that have to be modded to look good. I wonder what the woz bashers would say?

#12 6 years ago

It doesn't have to be modded to look good, the playfield laser is fine out of the box. this is just a mod to do something different with it.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It doesn't have to be modded to look good, the playfield laser is fine out of the box. this is just a mod to do something different with it.

Exactly ! We could see the projector just fine. This is not like the lame GI lighting in WOZ !

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It doesn't have to be modded to look good, the playfield laser is fine out of the box.

I was going to post somewhere else that the starfield projector is the most underwhelming feature I can think of. I have STLE and I thought the projector looked lame in the videos released long before I got my game, so I had the opposite of high hopes for it. Regardless, I was still underwhelmed. On my game it is so subtle that I wonder if I even would have noticed it if there hadn't been so much hype about it.

This dremeled version looks better and I just might do this to mine.

#15 6 years ago

Maybe just maybe, almost all pinball machines have things identified after design and fabrication that could be done better.

Like -STLE dremel star field mod
-TAV lanes
-Xmen bash toy relocation
-Woz GI lighting
-and the list goes on and on and on

I am glad because it means new machines are being made and pinball is alive!

I think I want a ST

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This is what my Star field projector looks like now. It is a much larger display and I like it . I used the EVIL Dremel to achieve my mod .

Wow that looks great! How much did you cut out? Can you post a picture of the cut hole?

#17 6 years ago

Never forget...

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Never forget...
ยป YouTube video

That is funny and is exactly what I was thinking about the projector before I saw this video.
It should be called the disco mirror ball mod if that is all it does.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Exactly ! We could see the projector just fine. This is not like the lame GI lighting in WOZ !

If it only had some Bee Gees sound tracks in the game you'd be all set!

The game looks great and fun to play, I'd say it's a reach with the star field projector to say that looks "awesome"

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

That is funny and is exactly what I was thinking about the projector before I saw this video.
It should be called the disco mirror ball mod if that is all it does.

That's exactly why they went with red.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

WOZ needs a GI projector.

#23 6 years ago

I love My WoZ and I Really enjoy playing ST and think its a fun fast game, both games are very different and really should not be compared to each other but what do I know? My opinion on the SFP is its pretty bad and doesnt really do much for the game other then making it look cheesy. OP I do like what you did with Your SFP it makes the effect look much better.

Joe(acejedi)

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This is not like the lame GI lighting in WOZ !

If the GI lighting in Hobbit remains identical in implementation to WoZ I will really be surprised.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

wipe out the Klingons from Uranus

I have a mod for that

edit---Im so going to add the BeeGee's song to my AC/DC along with my favorite Iron Maiden song!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

That's exactly why they went with red.

No, they went with red because red laser pointers are cheap! If they wanted it to look like stars, they'd use blue, but no... Sorry, it looks cheezy and the Emperor has no clothes on, guys.

#27 6 years ago

Thanks for letting us know you love your phucking woz in a STLE mod thread .

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Sorry, it looks cheezy and the Emperor has no clothes on, guys

Guys ?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

That's only part of the guys comment. You make it seem like that is the only thing he said...

"I love My WoZ and I Really enjoy playing ST and think its a fun fast game, both games are very different and really should not be compared to each other but what do I know?"

Thank you for posting the video.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Lol u are funny. Can u believe there are people that just like peeing on threads.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside