image.jpg
image-864.jpg
IMG_0688 [800x600].jpg
IMG_0848.JPG
P1180815.JPG
image.jpg
image-967.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

My plunger barely makes it up the shooter lane. It also feels hard to pull back on this. Right now Ive been using auto launch. Not sure whats causing this issue yet. Everything else worked like a charm!

I figured I would chime in on how my STLE is doing. Sense mine is a low production number (#012) I figured I might have a few problems but I must say it's been for the most part trouble free. I only have around 100 games on it but it's been pretty solid so far. Their are a few minor things so here's my list.
The back glass sticks in the upper right side back box channel. Every time I remove the back glass I have to wiggle it to get it high enough to clear the speaker panel and every time it pulls the top plastic channel off the glass. Looks like the metal channel is to narrow on the right corner. I might shave a little off the back side of the plastic channel and see if it frees up.
Like netdefilr, my hand plunger barely makes it up the shooter lane. It feels hard to pull back and has no power like the springs are wrong. I just use the auto plunger.
Their's one LED that has a bad connection to the socket, it keeps going out and you have to wiggle it and it will work for a wile. It's under the left return lane plastic.
The kick back misses sometimes. It looks to be a little out of alignment but I havent got around to adjust it yet.
Their's only one other problem which I must be the only one that even cares about. You would think as long as Stern has been making pinball machines they would know how to make a pinball cabinet. Yes I said it, Their is a design flaw in their cabinet. Sense this is the only Stern pinball I own, not counting a Stern Stars,
I don't know if they are all built this way. The front of the cabinet is not at a 90 degree angle to the floor or level. The top of the front leans out which puts the coin door on an angle which means the coin mech's are also on an angel. This may not be a problem with all coin mech's but I use Happ .984 token/quarter combo coin mech's and they do not work in the Star Trek LE because of the angle of the coin door because of the cabinet. I thought it might be the new batch of combo coin mech's I just bought but I took one out of one of my other games which I bought new 13 years ago and they also do not work. Because of being angled forward the tokens and quarters are directed into the coin return. Not sure what the fix would be for this but for now I have the game set for free play but I like to use tokens for my games.
That's the worse of my problems.
I still love the game and have no regrets about buying it even if it seems a little over priced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SaminVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-owners-any-major-problems?tu=SaminVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.