detail-2.jpg
detail-1.jpg
bracket21.jpg
image-910.jpg
20131220_181315.jpg
20131220_181230.jpg
20131220_181300.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just installed this tonight. Initial fitment - will make a little better looking bracket at a later date although the mounting metal looks just like the ones mounting the baked potato asteroids..
I think the placement is perfect - covers up the ugly upkicker thing without blocking ANY shots.
Photo is of players view from a 6'0" person.
Whatcha think?

Upon close inspection of the cockpit of the ship, it has a slightly clear front window. Perhaps drilling fro the bottom and inserting an LED and tie it to laser mode?20131220_181230.jpg20131220_181230.jpg20131220_181300.jpg20131220_181300.jpg20131220_181315.jpg20131220_181315.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Hahhh! Just got mine today but won't install until tomorrow. Is that the one from pinballrefinery? Also, a question about the Enterprise. Does it vibrate any, like when the autoshooter goes off, does it wobble some? I put an aftermarket one on my pro, and it shutters a little when autoshooter and a little with the vengeance hit. Actually, it's kinda cool because it looks like the Enterprise is interacting. May have to experiment with the mount though.

#3 10 years ago

No wobble here. Pretty solid install. Used a Williams underside harness support bent in the right places to support it. It was just one I bought off amazon.
Installed, it balances out the playfield.
Now to replace the enterprise with one more detailed.

#4 10 years ago

I have that model as well, but I think I am going to repaint mine before installing it. Looks too much like the toy that it is all shiny and plastic-y. I like your mounting solution.

#5 10 years ago

nice, this is exactly where i installed mine (best place by the way imo) and funny thing bracket looks similar.

also installed the hallmark enterprise, look much better.

#6 10 years ago

You picked a good spot! That is the best possible place you could put it on the LE (IMO). Well done sir, well done.

#7 10 years ago

It will kind of look like the Bird of Prey is shooting the ball at you, cool.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Used a Williams underside harness support bent in the right places to support it.

Could you give me the model number of the bracket you used or a link to where to purchase the bracket thanks.

Once you guys figure out how to mod this toy to work with the laser a tutorial on how to do it would be sweet.

#9 10 years ago

Looks like mine! I did the exact same thing to my pin with the exact same thing! Needless to say, I LIKE it!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

also installed the hallmark enterprise, look much better.

Does anybody no where to purchase one of those hallmark enterprises that's not $100 bucks (:

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does anybody no where to purchase one of those hallmark enterprises that's not $100 bucks (:

They were less expensive about a month ago, but now the craze is on and they are getting harder to find. I just bought one for $60 including shipping (which is still insane for a hallmark ornament), but I think it will look great installed. http://www.twokittensgifts.com/

#12 10 years ago

Nice job on the Bird of Prey, ordered one too from Amazon ($3.95, you can not go wrong); also ordered a Kelvin ship. Here is my mod for the Klingon Battle Cruiser http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-klingon-battle-cruiser-addon may change it out for the Bird of Prey when it arrives, will see which I like better and how hard it will be to add an LED.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

paid $49.00 including shipping. it was a black friday sale.

now they seems to be $10.00 more and out of stock.

http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/2010-USS-Enterprise--Magic-_p_31968.html

#14 10 years ago

What kind of bracket did you use - do you have a pic how you mounted it?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I just snagged one off of ebay for $36 w/ free shipping. This is the cheapest I have seen this ornament. That said, I would definitely add the hallmark Enterprise to a Pro, but I don't see the value in adding it to an LE. I have STLE and I was expecting more of a difference from the comments. The Hallmark ornaments are huge improvements over the STTNG ships, but only marginally over the STLE ship. The Hallmark Enterprise is a little more detailed than the original one in the game, but not very noticeable from the player perspective the direction the ship is installed. Plus, the Hallmark Enterprise is quite a bit smaller than the stock ship. I'm probably not going to put it in my game. I am considering either the Kelvin or one of the Klingon ships though.

#16 10 years ago

I have a set of 4 hot wheel for sale $80 shippedimage-910.jpgimage-910.jpg

#17 10 years ago

the can get the whole set on amazon for $24. If you add fillers you can get it shipped free for $35.
Might have to wait several years before you can get $80 for them.

#18 10 years ago

Make offer then.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

What kind of bracket did you use - do you have a pic how you mounted it?

+1 for a picture of the bird of prey bracket or part number.

Quoted from Cheeks:

The Hallmark Enterprise is a little more detailed than the original one in the game, but not very noticeable from the player perspective the direction the ship is installed. Plus, the Hallmark Enterprise is quite a bit smaller than the stock ship.

Hell with that idea then. Still picking up bird of prey tho.

#20 10 years ago

http://www.mantisamusements.com/bracketsupport.htm

scroll to the bottom of the page. These are stainless steel, but I had some spares off old W/B games that I used.
Top hole is where I screwed it into the ship. Widened the hole at the bottom with a drill bit to fit under the rubber disc looking mount on the ramp and used a vice to bend it around the wireform ramp for clearance of the spinner.
Then painted it with semi-flat rustoleum paint.bracket21.jpgbracket21.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Nicely done. Anybody fancy replacing the vengeance ship with this model

http://store.qmxonline.com/USS-Vengeance-Artisan-Replica_p_237.html

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

http://www.mantisamusements.com/bracketsupport.htm
scroll to the bottom of the page. These are stainless steel, but I had some spares off old W/B games that I used.
Top hole is where I screwed it into the ship. Widened the hole at the bottom with a drill bit to fit under the rubber disc looking mount on the ramp and used a vice to bend it around the wireform ramp for clearance of the spinner.
Then painted it with semi-flat rustoleum paint.

bracket21.jpg 16 KB

Thanks. Should have my ship in a couple days. Now lets figure out how to add interactive lights (:

#23 10 years ago

Where is the best place to buy the hot wheels bird of prey?

#25 10 years ago

I thought that's the one they used to justify $8k for a pinball?

#26 10 years ago

I did indeed add the Pinball Refinery's lit Klingon ship and it looks great! The ship's LED block is tied into the left asteroid's flasher and does hide a bit behind the asteroid itself, but I highly recommend it!

Quoted from Cheeks:

I just snagged one off of ebay for $36 w/ free shipping. This is the cheapest I have seen this ornament. That said, I would definitely add the hallmark Enterprise to a Pro, but I don't see the value in adding it to an LE. I have STLE and I was expecting more of a difference from the comments. The Hallmark ornaments are huge improvements over the STTNG ships, but only marginally over the STLE ship. The Hallmark Enterprise is a little more detailed than the original one in the game, but not very noticeable from the player perspective the direction the ship is installed. Plus, the Hallmark Enterprise is quite a bit smaller than the stock ship. I'm probably not going to put it in my game. I am considering either the Kelvin or one of the Klingon ships though.

I added the Hallmark USS Kelvin to my STLE and liked it very much. So far I am only keeping it down with museum putty (works great and leaves no marks but dies not look fantastic) but will try and bracket it in.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I did indeed add the Pinball Refinery's lit Klingon ship and it looks great! The ship's LED block is tied into the left asteroid's flasher and does hide a bit behind the asteroid itself, but I highly recommend it!

I added the Hallmark USS Kelvin to my STLE and liked it very much. So far I am only keeping it down with museum putty (works great and leaves no marks but dies not look fantastic) but will try and bracket it in.

Pics please

#28 10 years ago

like i said, exactly where mine is now on the pro.
similar bracket, s shape (one side using the screw that goes in the PF, the other side under the ship using a bigger screw in the hole), temporary for now, will make a slimmer bracket later.

also installed the hallmark enterprise using ex metal post (PF side) using the screw side of the post under the ship with a bolt inside the batteries cover to hold it there, works perfectly and you can't see anything, wired to G.I.
but it's a real PITA to get those wires in the ship very very small wires but it works.
take your time doing this... you will need glue! and be careful those small wires!
all i need to do is to change those 2 ex post for a longer one and a new smaller bracket for the bird of prey but it looks good for now.

parts for the hallmark enterprise i used/similar.

detail-1.jpgdetail-1.jpg detail-2.jpgdetail-2.jpg
#29 10 years ago

and the result.

bird of prey.JPGbird of prey.JPG bird of prey2.JPGbird of prey2.JPG full view.JPGfull view.JPG full view2.JPGfull view2.JPG gameroom right side.JPGgameroom right side.JPG
#30 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

like i said, exactly where mine is now on the pro.
similar bracket, s shape (one side using the screw that goes in the PF, the other side under the ship using a bigger screw in the hole), temporary for now, will make a slimmer bracket later.
also installed the hallmark enterprise using ex metal post (PF side) using the screw side of the post under the ship with a bolt inside the batteries cover to hold it there, works perfectly and you can't see anything, wired to G.I.
but it's a real PITA to get those wires in the ship very very small wires but it works.
take your time doing this... you will need glue! and be careful those small wires!
all i need to do is to change those 2 ex post for a longer one and a new smaller bracket for the bird of prey but it looks good for now.
parts for the hallmark enterprise i used/similar.

detail-1.jpg 3 KB

detail-2.jpg 4 KB

I like your mount. What's the specific hardware (post height)? I would like to do mine exactly the same.

1 week later
#31 10 years ago

Here is a video of the one I just installed in my Pro. Both the cockpit and engine flash with the spinner. I will have lights to add under the wings early next week. I will be selling these and if you like what I do and you want me to retrofit yours I can. The bracket it a prototype. The final bracket should hide any exposed wires. The final bracket with be a light transparent blue. You should be able to face it towards you or away.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Here is a video of the one I just installed in my Pro. Both the cockpit and engine flash with the spinner. I will have lights to add under the wings early next week. I will be selling these and if you like what I do and you want me to retrofit yours I can. The bracket it a prototype. The final bracket should hide any exposed wires. The final bracket with be a light transparent blue. You should be able to face it towards you or away.
» YouTube video

yes, will be watching post!

#33 10 years ago

Another pic. Since it is a limited supply I will post them on my site.

image-581.jpgimage-581.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Tim - will your Bird of a Prey work with the LE? On Etsy is just references the Pro.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Goalerj:

Tim - will your Bird of a Prey work with the LE? On Etsy is just references the Pro.

I am just waiting for someone to draw up a bracket that I can 3d print out of transparent blue. Dgoett may do it. Otherwise the hookup should be the same.

#36 10 years ago

Perhaps it is a Trekkie geek thing, but even though I bought one of the Hot Wheels Klingon ships, I have decided not to install it because it throws the correct sense of proportion way off. The Vengeance is supposed to be a huge bad ass ship. Sticking a proportionally oversized Klingon ship next to it diminishes that too much for me personally. Someday, if Hallmark or someone makes a smaller version then I am sure I will add it.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Perhaps it is a Trekkie geek thing, but even though I bought one of the Hot Wheels Klingon ships, I have decided not to install it because it throws the correct sense of proportion way off. The Vengeance is supposed to be a huge bad ass ship. Sticking a proportionally oversized Klingon ship next to it diminishes that too much for me personally. Someday, if Hallmark or someone makes a smaller version then I am sure I will add it.

Sure, I wouldn't argue that. I may be wrong, but I don't know of any pinball machine with everything to scale. Is a micromachines more scale?

#38 10 years ago

It's described as a "small" Klingon patrol ship. I haven't found a precise size comparison, but a micro machines size would seem most appropriate. At this point, I don't think there is a micro machines version of this Klingon patrol ship.

That said, I'm not expecting a pinball machine to have everything scaled completely accurately nor the mods people put on a pin, but in this case it's a little too far out of whack for my personal tastes.

#39 10 years ago

There is definitely interest here, the cockpit is orange, engine compartment is red. What color for the underwings?

#40 10 years ago

I added two flasher in STTNG style under the wings.

IMG-20131231-WA0000.jpgIMG-20131231-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20131231-WA0002.jpgIMG-20131231-WA0002.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-or-pro-hot-wheels-bird-of-prey-installed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.