Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-294.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have got an offer can't say what the price is, but the LE is $1255 more than the premium.

I was trying to convince myself if one or the other is better looking. Hope someone can talk me into one or the other.

I am about split on the art for the LE or Premium. I like some aspects of both and dislike some aspects of both.

The shaker I can take that or leave it, I don't really care one way or the other.

The main things for me, would be the LE with side rails etched and lights as well as the better speaker panel and the lighted head emblems. I have not seen these in person but they look good, for those that own the games or have seen in person how doe these features look and do they work during the game in other words do the Enterprise lights turn on during a certain part of the game.

Lastly how does the Premium rate to the pro, I mean the extra $2000 worth it? I know the lights are much better on Premium and the ship drops and kick back. How important are these features?

#2 10 years ago

I've read on Pinside of Pro owners upgrading to the LE but nobody has downgraded that I'm aware of.
If you can spare the coin, go nuts.
LOVE the LE!
Can't wait for the updated code.

#3 10 years ago

I would say play them both and find out for yourself!

Myself, I've played the LE and the pro. I don't think the game play is vastly different between the two so the question becomes how much bling do you want/need?

#4 10 years ago

The LE is really a beautiful machine, every LED is color-changing, shaker motor is well-implemented, starfield lights are unique (not awesome, but still pretty cool actually). Gameplay is very similar to the pro. Great game, there are no wrong choices, just your preference! Good luck!

#5 10 years ago

I'd say Premium would be the best choice for you if the 60 colour changers and kickback are important to you. The LE doesn't have $1,300 worth of extra's on it IMO. The extras that are important to me personally that you get on the premium over the Pro are, the kickback, 60 colour changing inserts and the double clear coat, VUK is useless IMO. If you can live without the extra clear, 60 colour changers and the kickback, go Pro, if those are important to you, go Premium. Either way they all play pretty much the same and ST is a kick ass game so you can't really go wrong on this one. It just comes down to what's important to you and your personal preference.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have got an offer can't say what the price is, but the LE is $1255 more than the premium.

I was trying to convince myself if one or the other is better looking. Hope someone can talk me into one or the other.
I am about split on the art for the LE or Premium. I like some aspects of both and dislike some aspects of both.
The shaker I can take that or leave it, I don't really care one way or the other.
The main things for me, would be the LE with side rails etched and lights as well as the better speaker panel and the lighted head emblems. I have not seen these in person but they look good, for those that own the games or have seen in person how doe these features look and do they work during the game in other words do the Enterprise lights turn on during a certain part of the game.

I think you answered your own question right here.
LE

#7 10 years ago

I would go Premium if money is the issue. The light show is a big part of the game.

#8 10 years ago

I have seen and played the LE, its definitely cool! No doubt about that, the bling is extraordinary. However when playing it, I really felt the pro was the same. i thought long and hard, I am happy with the pro, in this case.

#9 10 years ago

I've been faced with that same decision and have finally settled on the Premium. The lights, metal ramps, powder coat, and metal apron are really important to me because I think it make for a more sturdy and lovable machine. The kickback is a nice feature, but I've heard pros and cons of it and I don't think it matters that much. If you can spend the money, go LE or premium. If you want a Star Trek but are cash poor, go Pro.

#10 10 years ago

It is really a personal choice, I upgraded to LE because of the look of the machine, the side rails, mirrored back glass, I was not disappointed... The Premium will probably have the same gameplay as the LE, there is a major difference between the Pro/LE for gameplay, anyone who says the VUK is useless really IMO has not played the LE or played it enough to appreciate that feature, it makes the game much deeper and actually allows you to progress through the game as attended. The Pro is a lean, mean, ball eating machine but again a very good choice, you can't go wrong but it is a real personal choice. Do you want all the bling, do you like most of the bling (LE/Prem), or do you want the base game which is excellent value for what you get. (Pro) Enjoy, no matter your choice you will be a winner as this machine is awesome!!!!

#11 10 years ago

Go big (LE), or go home.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I have seen and played the LE, its definitely cool! No doubt about that, the bling is extraordinary. However when playing it, I really felt the pro was the same. i thought long and hard, I am happy with the pro, in this case.

With a Pinball refinery kit, the Pro has a lightshow that rivals the Premium or LE. And you can't use the game tied refinery apron on the LE or premium either or you will lose the starfield projector. I still think in the USA the Premium is the best choice though.

#13 10 years ago

The coolest feature to me is the etched side rails with light enterprise ship. I would value that at $300-$400.

#14 10 years ago

LE looks the best by far , Gameplay is not a whole lot different from the pro. But If you have the money go for the LE it does look that much better .

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The coolest feature to me is the etched side rails with light enterprise ship. I would value that at $400.

Sounds like you have your heart set on an LE. You should go with your gut and get the LE.

#16 10 years ago

The LE is a stunning looking game!
I think STLE has more that sets it apart from ST prem than say BIB vs AC/DC prem.

#17 10 years ago

Yep the difference from the Prem/LE can be seen as minor but again it is personal choice...

Brushed Stainless Steel Speaker Panel with Laser Cut Emblems & Grill
Designer-Signed Playfields -- Steve Ritchie's Signature under Hard Coat
Numbered Plate and Certificate of Authenticity
Star Trek "USS Enterprise" Limited Edition Mirrored Backglass
Enterprise LE Model Unique Hi-Definition Themed Cabinet Artwork
Animated Backlit Laser Cut Enterprise LE Side Armor
LED Illuminated 6" Stainless Steel Star Trek Shield Emblem on Backbox

The LE looks just stunning is that worth an extra $1500 that is what every owner needs to decide for themselves.

#18 10 years ago

I would say get the LE OR the Pro, skip the Premium. The LE adds so much bling to the Premium its not even a comparison anymore. Plus, it's LIMITED!!

-Wes

#19 10 years ago

I have STLE at the end of my row of pins, and it turns heads as they come into the room.

#20 10 years ago

Had same decision. STLE is a one of a kind from Stern and I couldn't justify the cost but this time I wanted what I thought was the best version. And the mirrored backglass looks so good in a dark room. That is $300 easily.

#21 10 years ago

Side question but how does the 3 deep modes work? I mean if you complete 3 deep what is the result?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Side question but how does the 3 deep modes work? I mean if you complete 3 deep what is the result?

Complete 3 deep and it lights a shot on the pf worth 2X for the remainder of the ball. IM trying to work out a scoring strategy with it but level 3 modes are no walk in the park. Tough as nails.

#23 10 years ago

gameplay = pro, same thing minus kickback, you just need to work a little harder.
you like the bling = LE, the fully loaded bling version.
less bling= premium, one thing not on the pro light show but looks pretty damn good even without it!

i like to mod my pins so i went pro.
pro is the best bang for the buck.

no wrong choices here, they are all good!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Honestly if you are even thinking about it I would just go LE all the way. For me The price hike was 100% no.
Luckily the Pro rocks!! The premium in red did appeal to me but if you like it why not save some bucks. But again if its even on the table I would just go for it.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tough as nails.

Destroy the Drill and Space Jump have been the hardest for me, by far. I think I fully understand the sharpshooter rules for Destroy the Drill, its hitting the timed shots that are the beast. I don't think level 3 shot doubler is a worthwhile goal for max points.

#26 10 years ago

I wish MET and ST didn't come back to back. First my all time wanted/wished/ waited theme came out and then a game I planned on passing that sounds like the greatest game in ages. If the Hobbit was already out I would probably need a second mortgage

#27 10 years ago

The Hobbit, people are still waiting for their WoZ LEs

#28 10 years ago

I would love a chance to play STLE but it probably won't happen any time soon. I feel lucky that a local bar has a pro on location near here. The pro both plays and looks great. It seems like it would be a good value for the money as a NIB purchase.

#29 10 years ago

On this title I opted to go Refinery Pro and I couldn't be happier. Very limited gameplay differences so I am very happy with my choice. I personally like the art on the Pro cab and Backglasses the best great looking pin especially with the Refinery Powdercoating. I prefer to add mods to my liking the Pro allowed me to do that without spending way too much on one pin. The layout is great so you really can't go wrong with any model.

#30 10 years ago

What is a refinery pro?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

What is a refinery pro?

It is a Pro model Star Trek with candy blue lit armor an inter active game tied metal apron, an over the top backbox kit and a lightshow similar to the Premium/LE.

#33 10 years ago

Same for me . The refinery apron light show is awesome and the powder coat color is perfect.image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 10 years ago

I think a blue DMD would look good in there .

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Same for me . The refinery apron light show is awesome and the powder coat color is perfect.» YouTube video

image.jpg 200 KB

image-294.jpg 167 KB

I thought we weren't allowed to post pics of that armor until the refinery officially releases it?

#36 10 years ago

Oh crap I forgot . Thanks I will delete

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Oh crap I forgot . Thanks I will delete

Too late I already saw it .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-or-premium-or-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.