(Topic ID: 77593)

STLE or AVLE: which one should I get for our next machine?

By Buckman

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you go with STLE or AVLE?”

• STLE: I'm the latest and greatest, no doubt you want to go with me. Have you seen my light show? I'm going top 10 by the time my code is done. 87 votes
    77%
  • AVLE: Sure I've had my problems, but when you get me dialed up I can rock it with the best of them. 26 votes
    23%

(113 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-556.jpeg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Sometimes i wonder if they only did do 500 LE of Avengers. They are for sale everywhere (even here in Europe) and if you go to a show or a tournament there is a blue och green avengers at it. LE tron och Avatars i never see here however, no clue why..!

#102 10 years ago

AVLE now and STLE in 6-8 months

I own neither so do not listen to me though.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

AVLE now and STLE in 6-8 months
I own neither so do not listen to me though.

Think this will be the case for EVERY game going forward - too many LE'S to the point LE is meaningless anyway. Just means a pin costing more with extra features. Maybe games like Predator are true LE's in that 250 is pretty limited.

Ironic that Predator is not an LE!

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I think some games have a certain immediate appeal that draws the player in to learn the rules. Personally, I find that Star Trek has that, but Avengers does not. After 4 games , I had no interest in learning the rules for Avengers because the shots did not have the "right" feel for me.

That's how I felt with my first 5-10 games on Avengers. I was like "F******CK! I can't hit ONE shot!" ...then on one game, all of the sudden the geometry and shots clicked...and I was going Hawkeye-Widow-Widow-Widow-Ironman ...once you get a hang of the shots, they're extremely satisfying and feel good to make, IMO.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Think this will be the case for EVERY game going forward - too many LE'S to the point LE is meaningless anyway. Just means a pin costing more with extra features. Maybe games like Predator are true LE's in that 250 is pretty limited.

Well, there ya go - each Avengers LE only has 250 versions.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's how I felt with my first 5-10 games on Avengers. I was like "F******CK! I can't hit ONE shot!" ...then on one game, all of the sudden the geometry and shots clicked...and I was going Hawkeye-Widow-Widow-Widow-Ironman ...once you get a hang of the shots, they're extremely satisfying and feel good to make, IMO.

So I think what you and other Avengers fans are saying is that Star Trek may be better as a one night stand but Avengers is the one to marry. (I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing. I'm merely trying to restate.)

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

So I think what you and other Avengers fans are saying is that Star Trek may be better as a one night stand but Avengers is the one to marry. (I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing. I'm merely trying to restate.)

I dunno, I'm not saying Avengers is a 10, nor is it perfect...just - misunderstood. I like it, I think it's fun, but I understand its poor first impressions & many of the complaints are valid. I think ST will always be considered the superior game - but I hope people have an opportunity to play a "better" Avengers machine or have a game where the shots click and they have some fun with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-or-avle-which-one-should-i-get-for-our-next-machine/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.