images-5 5.33.32 pm-386.jpeg
STLE Translite.jpg
STLE Playfield.jpg
images-5-971.jpeg
IMG_20131206_111726_290.jpg
Unknown-1-565.jpeg
Mind Bomb..jpg
Mind Bomb.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Got my Star Trek LE installed!

Early impressions are over the top. here's why

Lighting is the best I've ever seen
Sound FX best I've ever heard and movie voice clips are good and about to get better
Appearance and art is amazing
Music is damn good with some familiar themes
Love the warp ramp third flipper shot
Love the Vengeance and how it reacts and looks. Love that you can miss by a hair and the ball will ricochet in the little area and score a hit sometimes. Sometimes it fires the ball at you at lightning speed!
Ramps are great and smooth and can be hit from both flippers
LOVE the kickback
Star field projector doesn't feel stupid. it adds a tiny bit.
Love the whole feel of it and all the shots feel good to hit with great lighting
Like the goofy DMD animations actually
Modes are fun.
All around this pin is a 10 except I can't judge the code yet because I'm not the greatest player.

To me it's a modern attack from mars with an awesome third flipper shot. Can't think of a better game right now. It's the first really modern space themed pin, which makes it a milestone pin.

#2 10 years ago

Da Mind Bomb

Mind Bomb.jpgMind Bomb.jpg Mind Bomb..jpgMind Bomb..jpg
#3 10 years ago

I saw this at SPF and avoided it as much as possible since I have one on order and don't want to spoil the unboxing and first plays too much. I could not help but hear the sound FXs while standing near it and I agree that they are AWESOME. Lighting is definitely the best ever and is still in the early stages. I also love the goofy DMD effects. Mine comes tomorrow between 11-3 but I won't be unboxing for a couple of weeks because of a move...

#4 10 years ago

Oh and I forgot all the cool combos and Multiballs. Kickback during multiball rules.

AND the color changing LEDs are used well to set the mood for modes.

And I like the shots to store up shields and weapons. Usually these side shots on stern machines are meaningless

#5 10 years ago

been loving my STLE and appreciating it more every day. The dots are amazingly integrated into the game. Klingon battle 2 for example the Klingon is running towards you and as he gets closer more shots light up on the game.

#6 10 years ago

I mostly agree 100% with you. got my Woz 2 weeks before my STLE. It will be interested to look back in a few months and see which one gets played more.
It is a darn fine pinball. LOVE the direction Stern is going. Now just need to modernize the display a little. Even a laptop widescreen would be big enough for me - we don't NEED a 26" monster.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I mostly agree 100% with you. got my Woz 2 weeks before my STLE. It will be interested to look back in a few months and see which one gets played more.
It is a darn fine pinball. LOVE the direction Stern is going. Now just need to modernize the display a little. Even a laptop widescreen would be big enough for me - we don't NEED a 26" monster.

I know the LCD looks great but tonight I was talking to Frolic about the modes and dots in STLE. We couldn't agree which mode we were talking about (level 2 or 3) cause the truth is, you rarely get more than a glimpse to look up.
The display is over-rated in my opinion.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Got my Star Trek LE installed!
Early impressions are over the top. here's why
Lighting is the best I've ever seen
Sound FX best I've ever heard and movie voice clips are good and about to get better
Appearance and art is amazing
Music is damn good with some familiar themes
Love the warp ramp third flipper shot
Love the Vengeance and how it reacts and looks. Love that you can miss by a hair and the ball will ricochet in the little area and score a hit sometimes. Sometimes it fires the ball at you at lightning speed!
Ramps are great and smooth and can be hit from both flippers
LOVE the kickback
Star field projector doesn't feel stupid. it adds a tiny bit.
Love the whole feel of it and all the shots feel good to hit with great lighting
Like the goofy DMD animations actually
Modes are fun.
All around this pin is a 10 except I can't judge the code yet because I'm not the greatest player.
To me it's a modern attack from mars with an awesome third flipper shot. Can't think of a better game right now. It's the first really modern space themed pin, which makes it a milestone pin.

Don't pull punches man! Do you like STLE or not??

#9 10 years ago

Yes... I do! This is what pinball is all about...!

#10 10 years ago

TOLD ya guys! Worth the wait. I already gave it a 10. I will revisit that later after more code. The code as it stands is fun with no major issues to my knowledge but, I don't over analyze them like some of you. The game kicks so much arse..... I love it.

#11 10 years ago

Pinside is so hilarious. From "biggest disappointment ever" to "best ever". I'm glad people are enjoying it. For the most expensive Stern of all time it's fitting that it's the best. Hope to see an LE on route.

#12 10 years ago

I love the game. But "artwork is amazing"? There's artwork? They release Metallica with some real artwork then this. I think the artwork is just awful. I agree with a lot of the rest though.

#13 10 years ago

I love the artwork... but to each their own...

#14 10 years ago

I got a new ST pro a little over a month ago and I will say that I have been very impressed! Its a new game so it gets tons of play, at the moment I would say I like it as much as Tron or IM! My two complaints are the Pro backglass and the modes do get a bit repetitive after a few games. Hope they really decide to complete this game, it certainly has potential to be in the top 10 games of all time! I don't like the astroids on the LE and have yet to see the laser projector, videos looked bad. I would have used a green starfield, green is a much better laser color and available. Blue would have been the best but they are pricey. The side armor, warp ramp lighting, and backbox is beautiful! I would consider removing the ugly visual blocking astroids if I ever get a LE.

#15 10 years ago

at the risk of being called a shill I'm proud to say 17 days in I'm still playing 5 games a day on average! I learn something new almost every day!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

I got a new ST pro a little over a month ago and I will say that I have been very impressed! Its a new game so it gets tons of play, at the moment I would say I like it as much as Tron or IM! My two complaints are the Pro backglass and the modes do get a bit repetitive after a few games. Hope they really decide to complete this game, it certainly has potential to be in the top 10 games of all time! I don't like the astroids on the LE and have yet to see the laser projector, videos looked bad. I would have used a green starfield, green is a much better laser color and available. Blue would have been the best but they are pricey. The side armor, warp ramp lighting, and backbox is beautiful! I would consider removing the ugly visual blocking astroids if I ever get a LE.

A pinsider who is a laser expert explained in another ST thread what the dangers were for using a blue or green laser so it had to be a red one.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I love the game. But "artwork is amazing"? There's artwork? They release Metallica with some real artwork then this. I think the artwork is just awful. I agree with a lot of the rest though.

It is really pronounced since your ST is sitting next to your Metallica. Crazy good art on one and almost nothing on the other. But two fun games though.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Pinside is so hilarious. From "biggest disappointment ever" to "best ever". I'm glad people are enjoying it. For the most expensive Stern of all time it's fitting that it's the best. Hope to see an LE on route.

It has been quite amusing to track the swing of the opinion comments on Pinside about ST over the last 3 months or so.

You can't stop cream from rising to the top! Even if it doesn't have an LCD screen and costs more than some enthusiasts can afford!

Unknown-1-565.jpegUnknown-1-565.jpeg
#19 10 years ago

Got mine Wednesday. Guys go play the LE and I'd bet you'll start looking for one. What a game! I played the Pro and I'm so happy I purchased the LE.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

It has been quite amusing to track the swing of the opinion comments on Pinside about ST over the last 3 months or so.
You can't stop cream from rising to the top! Even if it doesn't have an LCD screen and costs more than some enthusiasts can afford!

Unknown-1-565.jpeg 7 KB

You're certainly determined to make it about price aren't you? The pro is the same gameplay and it costs the usual 5k.
If you want to blow 3k more on non-essentials then you certainly can... Who's stopping you?

The question some seem to have is if Stern is justified asking the highest price ever on an LE.

Why would people that have decided the bells and whistles are worth it suddenly be unhappy when they get it? They already know about the gameplay.

I guess I don't see the drama in it that you seek

#21 10 years ago

Stern makes 3 models. Why spend so much time bitching about price. I have STLE and it's great, so are the others.
Buy whichever one makes since . Fortunately ST is better than past releases.

#22 10 years ago

I didn't pay anywhere near the $8000 mark. I think the Pro is cool but I'm so very happy I spent the money on the LE.

#23 10 years ago

I think ST LE will settle in the top 5 someday.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I think ST LE will settle in the top 5 someday.

Top 10 for 100% sure! You maybe more accurate with the top 5 statement.

#25 10 years ago

Mine came out of the box today....

IMG_20131206_111726_290.jpgIMG_20131206_111726_290.jpg

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Mine came out of the box today....

IMG_20131206_111726_290.jpg 113 KB

I got mine today. Can't unbox for a few weeks until I move... #407 BTW.

#27 10 years ago

im 408!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You're certainly determined to make it about price aren't you? The pro is the same gameplay and it costs the usual 5k.
If you want to blow 3k more on non-essentials then you certainly can... Who's stopping you?

The question some seem to have is if Stern is justified asking the highest price ever on an LE.

Hey Manic, no need to get personal!

And aren't you the one who is making it about price?
You say the question is if Stern is justified asking for the highest price ever on an LE?
So yourself assert it is about price!

By the way, Stern don't need to justify their pricing. They are in business to make profits. If they thought they could raise prices another $2,000, and still sell as many machines, they would. That's capitalism for you. No justification, or permission from people who can't afford them, is needed.

Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Top 10 for 100% sure! You maybe more accurate with the top 5 statement.

Yes, you're probably right! We'll know pretty soon.

images-5-971.jpegimages-5-971.jpeg
#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

last I checked pinball as a whole is a non essential.

#30 10 years ago

So who's got inside info on when this powerpack is comming out?????????? hmmmmmmmmm???????????????

#32 10 years ago

I will have #366 next week!

#33 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday and LOVING it. I think this pin, regardless of LE, pro, or premium versions, is one of the best Sterns to date. The shots are so fast, with many of them reminding me of different ramps and shots from W2O, AFM, SM, JP, and No Fear. The LE and it's light show is just a beauty to behold and really lights up the room, putting my other pins to shame. I always wanted to get a Stern LE for my collection and I am so glad I picked this one. Love the dot animations in this one and prefer them over the blurry digitized graphics of some of the past ones. For everybody who is waiting.......the wait and price difference is definitely worth it in my opinion.

#34 10 years ago

Way to go SCARY!

#35 10 years ago

I actually love the starfield laser projector! Everything Klingon is my favorite part of the game, Klingon Battle mode and Klingon multiball. Now that I've fixed the kickback I can actually play the game. Much happier now. Got to Kobiashi Maru multiball, looked awesome. And the Vengeance kickbacks can be brutal. Starting new modes can be challenging when it forces you to alternate the mode start shot. Left scoop can reject sometimes, yarg.

Also it appears the blue powder coat is the exact same as Avengers LE, which is a good thing.

#36 10 years ago

I don't care to change anything actually. It's all good to me.

#37 10 years ago

Mccune?

#38 10 years ago

Awesome to hear people like it. Still waiting for mine although I heard it shipped yesterday. Bought with a friend so havnt been getting the email updates like I normally do.

As far as the LE being over priced vs standard - If I had more room in my house for pins I would have just settled for pro and have 3k more to put toward another game but I can fit at most 7 games in my pin room (6 comfortably) so I don't mind paying the extra as much for le's.

I kinda wish stern would get rid of standard games, make the prem version the new standard and keep LE the same and just have two versions same Playfield and software with only difference being cab/glass lighting. All games should have standard under rails and flipper protector armor (doesn't messes airily need powder coat for reg version) and LEDs (really no reason to use standard bulbs in this day and age). Also less options can be less expensive for sterns costs and a lot of buyers prefer less choices when buying big items. Anyone buy a new car recently? Way to many versions of each car and way to many cars in each car class. Literally like 100 different sedans to chose from with 3-5 different packages for each one. Yet very few choices when it comes to paint unless your buying a top end luxury car. 20 different metallic silvers black and white.

#39 10 years ago

She so fine my 409, in the house and all I will say tonight is ,anyone who canceled stle phucked up !

#40 10 years ago

And their it is!!!!!!!!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

She so fine my 409, in the house and all I will say tonight is ,anyone who canceled stle phucked up !

Raises hand!

Still have not reordered but I did find out they are still available. The light show makes me want the LE if I get the pro I will have color changing LED envy. Happy your all happy, it looks like a fun game.

#42 10 years ago

Get the LE! Now
Trust us!

#43 10 years ago

Yep, very happy with this game rules, flow and the overall presentation.

#44 10 years ago

#402 found a home! Oh boy the LE is the way to go! I liked the Pro but the LE is another game completely. I got a really go deal because all of the cancelations! Thanks to all that cancelled! STLE Translite.jpgSTLE Translite.jpgSTLE Playfield.jpgSTLE Playfield.jpg

#45 10 years ago

The SF projector is actually a really neat add on. If you'd known nothing about the the SF projector odds are you'd think it's very cool. I like it.

#46 10 years ago

I'm not reading much criticism of the ST LE on Pinside lately.

The critics seemed to have lost their voice!
Anyone else notice?

Any speculation on what they will do to sales?

images-5 5.33.32 pm-386.jpegimages-5 5.33.32 pm-386.jpeg

#47 10 years ago

I'd say the fact that's it's actually a great game and you don't have to hype it might have something to do with the lack of criticism. It's the real deal, not hype. Sure games are going to have production issues, we've seen those posts. I've had no issues with my STLE, it seems to be a complete game. The software seems very complete to me and others that have played it. I'd say the Pro guys have a little envy, the game is worth the price difference to me. It's a jaw dropper when you see it.

The things I like:

How the Ship fires the ball back to you at Worp speed!
Good shots that flow
Artwork and back glass, killer!
LED's
Smooth flow
Voice Overs and call outs, A+
Inserts designs are very cool
LED's in the rails
Rules
How the head lights up blue
The speakers will go blue, they have a blue spacer between the speaker and the grill. The LED will light that spacer up when the code is complete and turns it on.
The speaker grill being all metal is super cool!
Star field projector is just a little bump, it's neat

Things I don't like:
Price!

#48 10 years ago

STLE #179 has made it home.

Out of the box it looks great and overall plays smoothly and well, including the pop bumpers which are lively!

The only game play issue to note is that my out-lane kickback does not put the ball back into play well as as it usually kicks the ball back weakly and not smoothly (the ball seems to usually hit the side metal rail on its way back into play). Is this something that I need to adjust, or does it usually work itself out with play?

STLE Front (163x290).jpgSTLE Front (163x290).jpg

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I've had no issues with my STLE, it seems to be a complete game. The software seems very complete to me and others that have played it. I'd say the Pro guys have a little envy, the game is worth the price difference to me. It's a jaw dropper when you see it.
The things I like:
How the Ship fires the ball back to you at Worp speed!
Artwork and back glass
LED's
Smooth flow
Voice Overs and call outs
Inserts designs are very cool
LED's in the rails
Rules
How the head lights up blue
The speakers will go blue, they have a blue spacer between the speaker and the grill. The LED will light that spacer up when the code is complete.
The speaker grill being all metal is super cool!
Things I don't like:
Price!

More then just a little envy here but I just could not afford another 4k. I figure I got 80% of the game you got but only payed half of what you did. I'm just happy I FINALLY got a new game and Star Trek to boot.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

More then just a little envy here but I just could not afford another 4k. I figure I got 80% of the game you got but only payed half of what you did. I'm just happy I FINALLY got a new game and Star Trek to boot.

Commendable comment and attitude!

Both Pro and LE are terrific.

Let those who can afford a LE enjoy their toy without price enviers spoiling their party, and let Pro afforders also be happy with their toy!

As for Premium customers ... be happy too!

Unknown-1-43.jpegUnknown-1-43.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-is-the-bomb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.