View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image-221.jpg
image-309.jpg
image-115.jpg
image-970.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just came today. Loaded new code and started playing. It really is a beautiful game. Love the rail lights and all color changing LEDs. Backglass is also stunning. Gameplay is fast and furious. I was out on an le for awhile then decided to pull the trigger. Very happy I did. I was afraid I might be disappointed but no buyers remorse from me. Only bummer is kids still not interested. 12, 11,and 7 yo boys. Played wwe2k14 on Xbox while I set it up. Could barely get them away from tv to admire it. Well done Stern. #469 and came with 1.3 code installedimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-115.jpgimage-115.jpgimage-970.jpgimage-970.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Congrats! great game enjoy

#3 10 years ago

#4 10 years ago

Very envious over here...Congratulations!

#5 10 years ago

Congrats on your new pin. I'm hoping to get a Premium one day soon. I feel your pain with the kids. My son is 14 and he won't even walk into my pin room anymore to even notice any new pins I have. With all the new technology and cool toys in these pins you'd think something would draw them in. Guess it's just not meant to be for this age group. Enjoy your weekend with one of the best new pins out there!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Very happy I did. I was afraid I might be disappointed but no buyers remorse from me.

Told ya buddy!!!

Glad its in the house and you are happy with it!

#7 10 years ago

Congrats. I should get mine very soon as well. I have 3 boys 12 yr old twins and a 7 yr old and they play for a couple days and then never again. iPad and iPod use up their allotted electronics time.

#8 10 years ago

First machine my wife has ever noticed and walked over to...honestly.
Of the 30+ she really was drawn to it...had no clue I have had it for weeks.

#9 10 years ago

Yep. They just have too much other stuff to play with. My 7yo at least tries to act interested. He will play a few games for the first few days. He is always up for 2 player if I ask him. The other 2 don't even try to act interested. Although they all acted like they were impressed with the laser. I sure was. Much cooler in person.

#10 10 years ago

I love it, only thing is the laser 'star field' is kind of dorky (I must say) wish they had kept that and knocked $50 off the price or whatever it costs. I mean I like to see new or different things never seen before and all that, but at the end of the day every new thing is not all that or maybe there is a reason we have never seen it before in a game because it's stupid?

#11 10 years ago

Laser Star field is awesome

#12 10 years ago

I like it also. So you, rai, are obviously wrong, and do not deserve the awesomeness that is STLE.

#13 10 years ago

I wouldn't trade my star field projector for $50 its a cool feature that I like.

Disclaimer: STLE is a BA game!

#14 10 years ago

Congrats.!! Great choice, I got the ST Pro, and am very happy.!
Great Deep rules set already , and will only get better when done.!! I would of gotten a premium or LE if I could of afforded it. But Pro has enough going for it, so no remorse here. Beautiful..!
Enjoy the heck out of it..!!

#15 10 years ago

Yeah I feel your pain with the kids. My kids and wife are the same way! The iPads and video game consoles seem to be what they are interested in the most...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wouldn't trade my star field projector for $50 its a cool feature that I like.
Disclaimer: STLE is a BA game!

Amen to that ....could not be done as an add on "well" for $50 . Believe me I have researched it .

#17 10 years ago

Congrats and enjoy. I've had mine for almost 2 weeks. It's a fun game.

#18 10 years ago

My 6 yo plays more pinball than anyone in the house including me.

image-221.jpgimage-221.jpgimage-309.jpgimage-309.jpg

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Very cool!

Your boy is going to love that picture with the "King" when he is all grown up!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Very cool!
Your boy is going to love that picture with the "King" when he is all grown up!

"All grown up?"
That kid is a monster! He's already towering over SR!

#21 10 years ago

Did he get his autograph ?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

Only bummer is kids still not interested. 12, 11,and 7 yo boys. Played wwe2k14 on Xbox while I set it up. Could barely get them away from tv to admire it.

My kids aren't very interested either. My son didn't play STLE until 3 days after I set it up. My daughter plays a little bit. It's a great game though, I love it and my wife loves it. I think it may replace LOTR as my favorite.

#23 10 years ago

I've had pins in the house since before my kids were born. They barely ever touched them until I got STLE in December. Now they play every day. They're playing them all too, not just the new ones. Now that they're understanding the rules, they prefer them to videogames. At least for now, I've got a houseful of burgeoning pinheads.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Cool shirt! (Fender, not jammies)

Yeah my kids are the same way, play a new pin a few times and back to the electronics.

Although I need to get a RFM, one pin my 14 yr. old daughter loved to play at a friends house. Probably because it combined the two elements of pin & video.

#25 10 years ago

The STLE backglass is among the nicest I've ever seen. The pro backglass on the other hand is among the worst I've ever seen. I'm not usually of the mind that the art makes it or breaks it for me on a pin purchase. But, man, if I could get a pro with that LE backglass, I'd have one yesterday.

I do enjoy this game a lot and like the fact that you can get it NIB for a whole lot less than a used IM or SM, for example. However, I just will not put it in the category of best ever. Played on location tonight for the 5th time or so. The layout is so played out that it doesn't hold my attention forever. There are so many more games that are just so much more interesting. Specifically, I'm talking about AVLE for newer Sterns and just about any 90's W/B game.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I've had pins in the house since before my kids were born.

You have an outstanding collection!

#27 10 years ago

lucky man to have a house, i like ST LE but in appartment, it's too noisy than other pin;
it is my only negative point

#28 10 years ago

Beautiful machine. My brother brought his four kids over for the first time since I set the machines up. They absolutely loved it. The girls 14, 12, 4, couldn't get enough. The little one year old hopefully grows into it. I'll get a pic next time their over. Very glad they enjoy them, makes the hobby even better! With any luck your kids will change their minds and start sharing your passion.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

lucky man to have a house, i like ST LE but in appartment, it's too noisy than other pin;

Get the pinnovators pin PAC system. You'll love it if noise is a concern!

#30 10 years ago

it's not the sound system but mechanical coils , it's tooooooooo noise if you compare than bally /wms old system

on metallica you can adjust the power for coils but not seen on st le with the last firmware
i will contact steve , he has a hearing aid , not too disturbed

as i said this is my only negative point. ST LE is too crazy and fun, i like ACDC, ST and Metallica, my 3 favorites games

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

it's not the sound system but mechanical coils , it's tooooooooo noise if you compare than bally /wms old system
on metallica you can adjust the power for coils but not seen on st le with the last firmware
i will contact steve , he has a hearing aid , not too disturbed
as i said this is my only negative point. ST LE is too crazy and fun, i like ACDC, ST and Metallica, my 3 favorites games

I dunno if I buy that. It's been awhile since I lived in an apartment, but with all the sound off, the coils are no louder than a tv at normal volume. I just played my STLE with no volume, and no headphones, and really isn't that loud. The only thing I can think of is you were really stoned, enhancing your hearing and making you more ultra paranoid

Try playing it with 0 volume for 10 minutes. And I mean ZERO, ZILCH, NADA. Don't raise the volume a hair so you can hear a tiny bit of gameplay, but play it with absolute no sound. I just did and it's really not loud at all, but then again, I'm not in an apartment so the sound acoustics could vary.

#32 10 years ago

Well. Some love from the 7yo. Other two haven't even touched it. image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 10 years ago

I just played mine for the first time in a month (due to not being home) and what a fun, fun game Hope you enjoy!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

</blockquo.

With the sound off I don't think it's to loud.

#35 10 years ago

My 5 yo absolutely loves STLE. I can't get him to stop playing it. Then he recites the dialogue at the end of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-is-in-the-house-and-loving-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.