Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bjorg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Flippers stop and the ball drains. Restarts you on the same ball. I'm still running on 1.3 Any help would be appreciated, first time pinball owner so not too experienced with some of the basic issues / fixes. Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Ball through opto issue

#3 10 years ago

sorry, that sounds like a great answer but I have have no idea what it means.

#4 10 years ago

The ball trough is where the balls go when they drain. On the right side of that trough ( you'll have to lift the pf up and support it on edge), you'll find a small opto circuit board. There are 2 pin connectors that go to that board. It's common for those 2 connectors to shake a hair loose and cause the symptoms you mentioned. Take off the pin connectors then firmly reseat them back into place. Voila, should be good to go.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks, will give it a try.

#6 10 years ago

Same thing happened to my nib AV LE. Stern sent me a new set of optos. Call stern and get a new set of trough optos if reseating the connectors doesn't work.

#7 10 years ago

You could also possibly have a broken wire in that area causing this problem. I did on my TAV.

#8 10 years ago

On my pro I was having the same issue and all switches tested good in self-test mode.

I went in and kind of 'yanked' on the wires into the connector on the opto board. They have a stupid design (IMO) where the wire is just pulled in between two pieces of metal to achieve connection. I happened to notice this molex connector would come a little bit loose so I shoved it back on tight.

Between these two things, I haven't had an issue in the last 100 + games.

#9 10 years ago

In every single Stern game I have played on location over the last 3 years or so this has been a recurring problem. I always leave notes on the backglass to let the op know and tell the manager otherwise it doesn't get fixed quickly. Its ridiculous how this design flaw still hasn't been addressed. Nice to see that you at least got to play the ball over, that's new.

#10 10 years ago

My first impression. The only reason I'm playing it again is because I have to, it's in the next tourney (which I basically chose 3 out of 4 games on so definitely not complaining).

Quoted from Crash:

Well during the tournament the software randomly started playing my ball while Ray was in multiball. No callouts, no DMD notice, just bam, he was playing my ball. Then when I started multiball and lost 2 of the 3 balls it held the third ball on the magnet, turned off the flippers, and I watched it drain. It did that twice. Also, I heard that some of the other guys were having issues with the diagnostic screen (no joke) appearing when plunging an extra ball. Lol... simply ridiculous.
Bottom line is I am straight up digusted with Stern, I didn't make a big deal out of all that because I play for fun and am not a competitive person when it comes to anything. But it's nobody's fault, regardless thanks for bringing us the newest games.

#11 10 years ago

That was it. Played another 15 games or so and no problems. You guys saved me a lot of hassle. Thanks again!

#12 10 years ago

Make sure to check the connector on both sides (yes, there are two!). I had the same issue on my Tron LE. After some digging, I found help about it and fixed the first connection that had come loose. However, a week or two later, the phantom drains started happening again. That's when it occurred to me that the sensor needs to be obviously on both sides. I haven't had any issues since fixing the second connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-game-ending-while-ball-in-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.