• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spotlights 011.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So I have the Vengence multiball going and the LED pops out-glued it once already. Anyway, I have the LED and a ball trapped on the left flipper. With one flip, the LED lands on the left ball return and the ball goes up the left ramp. The ball then gets stuck behind the bulb. One ball left in the multiball and up the left ramp it goes. Quite a log jamb.
image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm getting quite a few ball hangups just as the balls are leaving the pop bumpers, anyone else? Also, the ball is bouncing around the pops for a very long time. Is that a level issue?

#2 10 years ago

I agree that the pops can pound the ball back and forth for a good while but I haven't witnessed the other issues (after only a few games though).
Have you got the pin well levelled, side to side?

#3 10 years ago

This is the Super Skill Shot. You have accomplished all there is in pinball time to move on now.

Crazy that happened in one shot. Had a few of these types of hangups on XMEN from LED popouts.

Congrats on your new pin. Hope you are also still liking your WOZLE.

Have a good night

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Hope you are also still liking your WOZLE.
Have a good night

Love the WOZ. Hope you don't regret the sale. My daughters love it, too. If you ever come to Michigan stop by and visit.

#5 10 years ago

I'm getting some crazy pop bumper times too (avatar like) and while I haven't had a ball hang up there I have had a couple moments where I thought it might get hung up. also I had a bulb pop out too.

#6 10 years ago

Where are the bulbs popping out from?

#7 10 years ago

I've had the two spotlights pop out - I just wrapped a tiny bit of electric tape around the base, beneath the socket wires, and haven't had it happen a single time since (I think I did this on the third day of owning my Pro, back in the middle of October?)

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Where are the bulbs popping out from?

The spotlights. When the Vengence and the shaker motor are going crazy, the left one goes a poppin'.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

I've had the two spotlights pop out - I just wrapped a tiny bit of electric tape around the base, beneath the socket wires, and haven't had it happen a single time since (I think I did this on the third day of owning my Pro, back in the middle of October?)

I remove the reflectors and use 1/2" shrink tubing and replace the bulbs with Cointaker ultras.

Spotlights 011.jpgSpotlights 011.jpg

#10 10 years ago

That is fantastic ^^^^^^^

#11 10 years ago

ditto. mine popped out of the left spotlight. it was the third or fourth game and I haven't had one shake loose sense (fingers crossed).

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

That is fantastic ^^^^^^^

I never liked the look of those reflectors the way they block the view of some shots and with leds they are obsolete.
This is a lot cleaner look and if you play with the lights out you don't see them.
They don't fall out or flicker and it hides the colored bases and socket for a lot cleaner look.

#13 10 years ago

I was just looking for a solution to this problem. Big design oversight in my opinion. It's happening a LOT.

#14 10 years ago

Mines never done that. Hmmm.

#15 10 years ago

The reason why they pop out is that the bases of LED's are missing the horizontal crevice that holds the light securely in place. The Cointaker flat flashers usually hold in place because the base is thicker making it a tighter fit. The issue with just making the base thicker is that the prongs in the lamp holder lose their tension. So if you would replace the bulb with a different manufacturers the bulb may not stay in place at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-funny-pic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.