You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eodeb.jpg
myfacewhilewaitingforittoload_97763284cc024193ded2f45d572c0e98.jpg
st.jpg
khan.jpg
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 9 years ago

I actually think that TWD's code (so far) shows that Stern is improving in the code department.

I went through Xmen AND Metallica so believe me I understand your pain.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I still think your anger is directed at the wrong person. If Steve had his way, fixing the ST code would be priority number one. Unfortunately, Stern doesn't see it that way. They have limited resources, and they have chosen to direct those resources elsewhere for the time being. The crux of the problem is that they obviously don't have enough experienced coders on staff.

Maybe it is. I'm just pissed the code isn't just finished but bug free even some of the simple features aren't implemented simple things like the asteroid flashes. My dream is that Stern give him Lyman to go over it clean it up and make it a great game anyway rant over.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

It's his game his names on it so the "buck stops with him" I have the up most respect for the man but with Star Trek Im very disappointed this time around I'm finding it hard to defend him.

The man is up on stage, in front of a live audience, saying the code is broken, that he's not happy, that he wants to personally own one himself, and that he won't do it until the code is fixed, which he is pushing for.

What more could you possibly want from him?

Why isn't Lonnie getting thrown under the bus here? I'm not avoiding future Steve Ritchie games. I am skipping anything Lonnie programs from here on out. He obviously either doesn't give a shit or sucks at his job. To be blunt.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The man is up on stage, in front of a live audience, saying the code is broken, that he's not happy, that he wants to personally own one himself, and that he won't do it until the code is fixed, which he is pushing for.
What more could you possibly want from him?
Why isn't Lonnie getting thrown under the bus here? I'm not avoiding future Steve Ritchie games. I am skipping anything Lonnie programs from here on out. He obviously either doesn't give a shit or sucks at his job. To be blunt.

Yes good point I suppose I'm just pissed with this whole stern code bullshit and I should be used to it by now lol anyway I'm a huge SR fan and always will be I hope we see the new code by Xmas.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll say I don't know what I'm talking about here, but this is the impression based on the results:

I'm sure Lonnie "cares", but he seems to be a 9-5 clock puncher. He probably puts in an honest days work, and works on what is given to him, but nothing more. If he is assigned something else, then that is that.

Lyman in his spare time competes in pinball tournaments, sees first hand what is working and what isn't, then goes and makes those changes to his games on his own time because he cares.

It does seem like you need Lyman involved in a Stern game to know it will be everything it can be, and if he is not on it, you better wait a year+ and be happy with what the game is at that time.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am skipping anything Lonnie programs from here on out. He obviously either doesn't give a shit or sucks at his job. To be blunt.

I like how you qualified that with 'from here on out'. Does that mean we won't be seeing your Tron for sale any time soon?

Be sure to think good Lonnie thoughts each time you play it. It might help.

#257 9 years ago

SR talks about the new update code in the latest mini issue of pinball magazine. :

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?page_id=1503

#258 9 years ago

I downloaded it twice, and both times the file was said to be corrupted and wouldn't load in Acrobat. Now I have "reached my download limit" and can't try again.

Quoted from vid1900:

SR talks about the new update code in the latest mini issue of pinball magazine. :

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?page_id=1503

#259 9 years ago

It should be 9.4m if it downloaded correctly.

The last Acrobat update hosed a bunch of laptops at work, try Foxit for fastest .pdf reader in the world:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

#260 9 years ago

The gist is there is another update coming.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The gist is there is another update coming.

As there should be since there's a lot of things that need to be fixed.

Rob

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

eodeb.jpgeodeb.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-code-news-at-expo/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.