Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by crazybob
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Can somebody help? I've never had problems updating my Sterns but I can't get the game to reboot. When I set the dip switch #8 to ON and then hit the white button to reboot the system, the game locks up, the menu buttons do nothing. I tried to restart the game but when I do, I get nothing on the DMD. Once I set the dip switch back to OFF the game boots up fine. I've even tried updating the game through the USB option in the menu but it just stays on rebooting. Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

How large of a flash drive are you using?

#3 10 years ago

I've tried two, one is 16 gigs and the other is 1. It doesn't even get to the part that it looks at the USB. It's locking up at the rebooting stage.

#4 10 years ago

Ok, I had did mine today on a 8GB, but I did do a reformat on it (old data) with standard options.

The BIN file should be extracted and in the root of the USB drive.

When you go in to Menu to do the update, does the game see the BIN file? I had to do all of this, and then flip the switch and reboot.

#5 10 years ago

Try formatting the flash drive - right click it in windows and select format. Then make sure you're only putting the .bin file on the flash drive and no other files.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for you help guys but I'm not even getting to the point where the game looks at the flash drive. It's locking up after you set the dip switch to ON and reboot.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Thanks for you help guys but I'm not even getting to the point where the game looks at the flash drive. It's locking up after you set the dip switch to ON and reboot.

Shit; that don't sound good. I think up that's the same problem a friend of mine had when updating his met and stern had to send him out a replacement board. I'd definitely get the email string rolling to stern and your distributors.

#8 10 years ago

Try this...this is how I got mine to go.

Leave the switch off. Boot the Machine, go into the menu and select the update option. The machine will then read you drive, if switch 8 is not set at this point it will tell you do so. Set the switch and it will then say press select to reboot. Machine should reboot and start the process, if not, sounds like you may have a board issue as mentioned by Eskaybee.

#9 10 years ago

I had this on a game at work.
The boot eeprom had 1 leg out of the socket so with 8 on it tries to boot off the eeprom and if a leg is out of the socket, it just sits there with a blank screen.

#10 10 years ago

Hit post too early. Turn the game off, with a flatblade screwdriver, pull the boot eprom off the board and reseat it carefully, making sure all legs are inserted and none out or bent.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

The boot eeprom had 1 leg out of the socket so with 8 on it tries to boot off the eeprom and if a leg is out of the socket, it just sits there with a blank screen.

BINGO!! That is the problem. I can see it sticking out. Did you have any problem reseating the chip?

#12 10 years ago

nope. just carefully make sure they are all in.
SWEET! glad that fixed it!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

nope. just carefully make sure they are all in.
SWEET! glad that fixed it!

Yep, the game is updating now. Thank you for the help! Also to the other guys. I really appreciate it! Hopefully this thread will help others in the future.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Quoted from PappyBoyington:

BINGO!! That is the problem. I can see it sticking out. Did you have any problem reseating the chip?

Wow, I thought you were in for all sorts of shit . Glad to see it worked out . Good job guys !

#15 10 years ago

Nice teamwork. Glad you got it working!

#16 10 years ago

OK...Same issue for me.

How big should the bin file be when extracted. Mine is small. Like 40 MB???

#17 10 years ago

I go to sterns website, only says pro code ver 1.40

I see nothing on 1.41

#18 10 years ago

Stern posted it on their Facebook page. Here is the link

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/ST_LE_english.zip.

Updated mine with no issues.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I go to sterns website, only says pro code ver 1.40
I see nothing on 1.41

Only LE 1.41 because Sidrail light!

2 months later
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Lemmi:

Only LE 1.41 because Sidrail light!

Hi Marco, what are you doing here?
Greetings Jens

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-code-141-update-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.