(Topic ID: 74933)

STLE Chaser Lights Question

By jeffgoldstein2

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I know some people have had issues with these lights registering all of the time. Since the 1.4 update mine only seem to register maybe 30% of the time now. In Switch Test mode, the sensors register 100% of the time a ball guys by them. So is this software related then or is there a fix I should be doing?

Thanks guys.

#2 10 years ago

These lights are driving me crazy. I have adjusted both sets of optos on the Warp ramp. I just did the ones at the top of the ramp and before I slid the glass back on I tried hitting the ramp with the flipper. It lit up ten out of ten shots. Then I put the glass back on and started a game. First four shots up the ramp, no lights.

#3 10 years ago

I have lower my optos to be flush with the holes in the plastic and all issues are gone

#4 10 years ago

The front ones or the back ones?

#5 10 years ago

Mine often do not work and I'm not convinced it is the result of the optos. I can manually trip the optos, get the sound effects and DMD animation, but still not have the chase lights activate.

If the right loop switch is tripped without any other switches being hit (ie soft plunge for the super skill shot), every time I have tested it, they do not work. Tripping another switch usually reactivates them. It seems like there is something in the code.

#6 10 years ago

Sounds like at least partially software to me.

#7 10 years ago

I'm convinced it is software as well.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I have lower my optos to be flush with the holes in the plastic and all issues are gone

Do you mean centred with the hole? I have lowered mine and it does not seem to help. Or do you mean you moved them in towards the plastic ramp?

#9 10 years ago

I've had issues even making the shot more than once in a game!
I've heard that you can adjust the ramp somehow. Anyone know how?? Did you see improvement??

As for the lights, I've only seen them work on occasion.

#10 10 years ago

yes you can adjust the ramp with a screw that is in a slotted hole at the end of the ramp near the corner of the playfield mine would return balls to the shooter lane lol. adjusted the ramp and now can make shots much easier.

I lowered the optos to be center with the hole that is cut and as close to the hole as possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-chaser-lights-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.