• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi folks,

What with kids and a home machine, I often find a need to "reset" the pinball machine.

Sometimes the kids hit "start" too many times. Sometimes they hit "start" when they were supposed to stop playing. Sometimes they get in trouble during a game.

The only way I know of stopping a game in progress is to turn the machine off and on again. Yet, that seems harsh on the machine. I don't like to power cycle electronics.

Is there some way to add a "reset button" to the machine that I can push to tell it to go directly into "Game Over" mode? I'd obviously mount this somewhere unlikely to get accidentally pushed.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

When all players finish Ball 1, you can hold the Start button at the beginning of Ball 2 to restart a game.

#3 10 years ago

You can also open the coin door and hit the slam tilt, that's what I do if needed.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

You can also open the coin door and hit the slam tilt, that's what I do if needed.

Slam time is not even instilled by default in new stern games.

#5 10 years ago

Well, shows you what I know about the new games, my newest game is from 1996. Are they still wired so you can add the slam tilt? If so you may be able to tap into that and make it into a reset button.

#6 10 years ago

Slam tilt switch is optional on newer Sterns. If you enabled that you can wire a leaf switch so when you press a coin return the game slam tilts and resets.
In home environment coin mechs aren't used so only you would know it's there.

F'n annoying when people walk off and leaves balls in shooter lane or 4 player games running. One of my biggest pet peeves. People do it all the time at work when looking at machines.

#7 10 years ago

Is there a reset button on the sam boards in the backbox?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

F'n annoying when people walk off and leaves balls in shooter lane or 4 player games running. One of my biggest pet peeves. People do it all the time at work when looking at machines.

I set my machines to auto launch after 8 seconds. If someone walks away the game will eventually end by itself.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Is there a reset button on the sam boards in the backbox?

There is. That could be used. But crank's suggestion is a good solution

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from crank:

I set my machines to auto launch after 8 seconds. If someone walks away the game will eventually end by itself.

I have done this too but the ball save feature presents a problem with this, depending on the game.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

When all players finish Ball 1, you can hold the Start button at the beginning of Ball 2 to restart a game.

Perfect and thanks for that.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

I have done this too but the ball save feature presents a problem with this, depending on the game.

ball save is active, but the game will eventually clear itself.

Nothing I hate more than walking past a machine abandoned mid-game, at least the autolaunch will mean the game will be over sooner than never.

#13 10 years ago

does going into the service menu and back out reset a new stern?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

does going into the service menu and back out reset a new stern?

no

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-can-i-add-a-reset-button and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.