christmas2013 027.JPG
stle.jpg
image.jpg
image-441.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3645.JPG
IMG_3647.JPG
IMG_3646.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This one seems like a great addition that I didn't know about: "3 in a row - give 2 awards when 2 rows are complete at the same time". That will change my play strategy a lot.

Why's that? You get one award for one line before. So when you do the second line you get the second reward. This just sounds like a bugfix, like if you played 4 modes and saved the corner for last, then it would only have given you one instead of both. No reason to play that way unless you just like trying to pull a rope-a-dope in competition lol.

The only way this would seem to matter is if the scoring for all modes is put towards both rewards, instead of just the scoring for three modes, you get scoring for five, and then the "super" rewards value is set from the higher value. Test it and let us know?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't think so. You only get one captains chair award per grid. So if you do 3 in a row, that's your reward until you complete the grid, run through the resulting wizard mode, and clear the grid for the next stage. Now you can get two rewards instead of 1 with a little planning.

That's idiotic, if so. Just another in a long line of incosistency on the part of Stern and their code/playfield art.... christ...can't these guys get anything right that's not Tron or AC/DC?

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't know why you think that's so bad? Its cool. It forces you to plan your play strategy and get rewarded for your choice. With the new change, now it adds more to the strategy. They're doing great on this game.

Because it's not what the playfield/scorecards say. It says complete 3-in-a-row for X Reward. Not "Complete 3-in-a-row for X Reward once per grid." You could easily make the argument that if it was specifically limited to one mode per grid, you'd still have the competitive choice to pick whichever mode is most lucrative for you anyways, since some people aren't good at backhanding ramps, they might want to take popbumper or spinner.

Honestly, if it was MY code, I'd have it let you choose the single mode when completing #6 in a corner, then have it stack all the "bonus" that's added by how well you do in the modes into that single super shot. I don't think there's really much difference other than activating 2 modes you're forcing people to make double the shots to collect the points, and that has some merit too, especially in a tournament.

So yeah....my assertation of the idiocy would be entirely predicated on the game only awarding one award per grid, which was not what I thought I'd experienced before, but perhaps I was too busy playing to actually pay attention to whether spinner and/or pops were actually ACTIVE or not after completing those segments.

*Edit* Well someone confirmed CURRENT operation at least.. so yeah, that's fine. 1 per otherwise get 2 on mission 6. I think it's a no brainer to go for the double, but I still don't feel like in a group of higher-skill competitive players anything but Super Ramps is going to make a huge difference. I pity da fool that takes pops+spinner lol.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I've had some of the multi-color final shots pay off over 2M, and other times, around 600K.

Would assume it's based on your performance of making shots during the mode, kinda like how they changed the values for the super modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-141-avaialble-now-1?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.