christmas2013 027.JPG
stle.jpg
image.jpg
image-441.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3645.JPG
IMG_3647.JPG
IMG_3646.JPG
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's idiotic, if so. Just another in a long line of incosistency on the part of Stern and their code/playfield art.... christ...can't these guys get anything right that's not Tron or AC/DC?

I wouldn't get your pantys in a bunch so quick. I'm pretty certain anytime you get 3 in a row you get the award no matter what tier you're in. There really is no strategical master plan for doing two at once. Since the award carries over from ball to ball, the only real strategy is stacking super ramps with a mb or Klingon battle to maximize combo bonuses. I guess super spinner would be good to add to that if it benefits from combo scoring too. So I guess that's your benefit if you stack those two with a mb. So I guess there are some strategies to those rewards. it would be nice if you can get some type of bonus score if you complete the super award in a quick amount of time or something.

#52 10 years ago

guys works like this start 2 modes then don't start the next one that is in that row; start 2 others then start then start the 5th one one and it will link it and start 2 captains chairs; did it last night started super ramps and pop bumpers at the same time very cool.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's idiotic, if so. Just another in a long line of incosistency on the part of Stern and their code/playfield art.... christ...can't these guys get anything right that's not Tron or AC/DC?

I don't know why you think that's so bad? Its cool. It forces you to plan your play strategy and get rewarded for your choice. With the new change, now it adds more to the strategy. They're doing great on this game.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm pretty certain anytime you get 3 in a row you get the award no matter what tier you're in

I'm pretty sure it does not work this way. I guess someone needs to verify

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm pretty sure it does not work this way. I guess someone needs to verify

No you can only get 1 at a time gong or 2 if you complete 2 rows at once. You can't start one & then get another by completing another row as of right now. This should be fixed in the future I hope.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No you can only get 1 at a time gong or 2 if you complete 2 rows at once. You can't start one & then get another by completing another row as of right now.

That confirms what I was saying.

#57 10 years ago

I'm fine with them giving 1 per grid, or 2 if you "combo" them out, and not 1 per each 3. Definitely gives a lot of weight to building the modes.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You can't start one & then get another by completing another row as of right now. This should be fixed in the future I hope.

If they did that it would remove what little strategy there is. Chop wood through 6 modes and 3 chairs. At least this way you have to plan ahead.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That confirms what I was saying.

Hmmm thought I got more than one on tier 1 before. Maybe if you complete the super award before getting 3 in a row again it rewards another 3 in a row? Gosh darn it someone confirm this! Oh wait I got an ST in the other room.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't know why you think that's so bad? Its cool. It forces you to plan your play strategy and get rewarded for your choice. With the new change, now it adds more to the strategy. They're doing great on this game.

Because it's not what the playfield/scorecards say. It says complete 3-in-a-row for X Reward. Not "Complete 3-in-a-row for X Reward once per grid." You could easily make the argument that if it was specifically limited to one mode per grid, you'd still have the competitive choice to pick whichever mode is most lucrative for you anyways, since some people aren't good at backhanding ramps, they might want to take popbumper or spinner.

Honestly, if it was MY code, I'd have it let you choose the single mode when completing #6 in a corner, then have it stack all the "bonus" that's added by how well you do in the modes into that single super shot. I don't think there's really much difference other than activating 2 modes you're forcing people to make double the shots to collect the points, and that has some merit too, especially in a tournament.

So yeah....my assertation of the idiocy would be entirely predicated on the game only awarding one award per grid, which was not what I thought I'd experienced before, but perhaps I was too busy playing to actually pay attention to whether spinner and/or pops were actually ACTIVE or not after completing those segments.

*Edit* Well someone confirmed CURRENT operation at least.. so yeah, that's fine. 1 per otherwise get 2 on mission 6. I think it's a no brainer to go for the double, but I still don't feel like in a group of higher-skill competitive players anything but Super Ramps is going to make a huge difference. I pity da fool that takes pops+spinner lol.

#61 10 years ago

Just noticed the saucer kick instead of VUK was active on my LE at the start of Klingon multiball. Not sure where else it comes into play.

I have to say I'm spoiled on the VUK, that is a big difference between the 2.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

If they did that it would remove what little strategy there is. Chop wood through 6 modes and 3 chairs. At least this way you have to plan ahead.

It would be cool if the others were available if you completed the previous super mode. Maybe only make the others available if you finished the 1st one you started.

#63 10 years ago

Id like to see the game black out while the Laser comes on.. With or without the Enterprise blacking out.

#64 10 years ago

Are the 2x shot multipliers (from 3rd level mission completion) carried over from ball to ball now with 1.41?

And did they nerf Super Ramps/Spin/Pops back to being eligible only during the current ball in play? If not, it should be. This pin -- while fun -- needs more single ball risk/reward to add some pressure to the player on what/when to cash based on losing a built up score/mode due to draining (other than level 3 missions).

#65 10 years ago

What's the scoring pay-off logic to determine the value of hitting a mode's multi-colored "final shot" vs the other mono-colored final shots available?

I've had some of the multi-color final shots pay off over 2M, and other times, around 600K.

Put up over 14M on Nero 1 yesterday.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I've had some of the multi-color final shots pay off over 2M, and other times, around 600K.

Would assume it's based on your performance of making shots during the mode, kinda like how they changed the values for the super modes.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Are the 2x shot multipliers (from 3rd level mission completion) carried over from ball to ball now with 1.41?

No. But feature adjustment #33 allows it to! I have mine set up like this. However, sk8ball says the 2x pf shot award doesn't stack with combo multipliers. So the risk isn't quite worth it in its current state.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Put up over 14M on Nero 1 yesterday.

This proves to me that I am definitely missing something when it comes to shooting the right shots during these modes. I've felt like I've done very well on Nero 1 hitting the lit shots in quick succession, but I finish with only about 5 million points.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This proves to me that I am definitely missing something when it comes to shooting the right shots during these modes. I've felt like I've done very well on Nero 1 hitting the lit shots in quick succession, but I finish with only about 5 million points.

Consistently hitting lit targets on the fly is key as you mentioned, but not only that - hitting the right shot that is lit up for a combo multiplier rewards larger. Tough as nails to get 10mil+ on a mode. And when it happens, I never get to KM to cash it in lol.

#70 10 years ago

I also think if you're making combos and hitting your shots then get the multicolored final shot with the combo multiplier active, you can cash in a huge reward. That's the benefit of knowing the modes and learning which insert will be multicolored so with 2 secs on the clock, set up your combo to the final shot.

#71 10 years ago

Klingon battle is a prime example. If you can get left ramp - right ramp down. You can cash in and KBs final multicolor shot is the right ramp.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's the benefit of knowing the modes and learning which insert will be multicolored

Quoted from Eskaybee:

KBs final multicolor shot is the right ramp.

Ahhhh.... so the location of the multi-colored shot is always the same for one given mode?

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Ahhhh.... so the location of the multi-colored shot is always the same for one given mode?

That's what I noticed for level 1 modes. 2&3 don't seem to be.

#74 10 years ago

Still struggle with making the right ramp consistently. Guess you need to be able to combo them to rack up the big scores from reading this. Got 5 warps in a row which felt good but then didn't make it past warp 7.

Lot to master on this game for me after two hundred+ games. Can't seem to get anywhere on level 2 as always down to last ball.

#75 10 years ago

I would still like there to be bigger rewards for multiple ramp shots I hit 8 in a row then drained, the ramp shots are very dangerous and no real risk/reward except extra ball, which is not available anyway in tournament play.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I would still like there to be bigger rewards for multiple ramp shots I hit 8 in a row then drained, the ramp shots are very dangerous and no real risk/reward except extra ball, which is not available anyway in tournament play.

I set mine (after updating to 1.41) so that hitting the warp ramp 6 times would award an extra ball. The high scores were lost anyway so I made a bunch of rule-simplifying changes (including turning off #33, reset multipliers).

The kids almost never get even to Warp 6. I've looped it past 9.9 twice or so in over 100 games, and can with some frequency get 2-3-4 in a row.

So, having it be 18 times (set to "auto") before you get anything was just too much.

PS: Even a small amount of alcohol makes my scores go to pot.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

PS: Even a small amount of alcohol makes my scores go to pot.

Try a small amount of pot and see what happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-141-avaialble-now-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.