christmas2013 027.JPG
stle.jpg
image.jpg
image-441.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_3645.JPG
IMG_3647.JPG
IMG_3646.JPG

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 10 years ago

That was fast

#3 10 years ago

Hopefully Met code will come out and take the talk away from TBL!
Competition is wonderful.

#4 10 years ago

They have release notes also.

#5 10 years ago

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2013 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* STAR TREK LE *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

V1.41 - December 27, 2013
=======================

- added side rail and back box flasher lamps to the attract mode.

V1.40 - December 24, 2013
=======================

- rescue kick back default is now harder.
- fixed top lanes completion speech.
- added more speech to Klingon Multiball.
- new artwork added to Vengeance Multiball.
- added Tilt speech.
- added new Vengeance intro/bg/hit artwork.
- warp chase lamps now cycle 2 times.
- fixed missing super pops display animation.
- Any Wizard mode ready (Kobayashi/Enterprise Amok/5 Year Mission) will forestall Vengeance Multiball/HurryUp/Battle from starting.
- fixed a bug where the super skill shot was not starting properly.
- Any hit to the drop target will now set valid playfield.
- fixed a bug where launching the ball via the "punch it" button also fired a photon torpedo.
- 3 in a row - give 2 awards when 2 rows are completed at the same time.
- fixed super skill shot bug that scored left orbit mission awards as the ball traveled around the orbit from right to left
- balls added into play during Vengeance Multiball will now loop around to the left flipper instead of going into the pops.
- The light lock targets now set valid playfield when hit.
- changed warp ramp scoring to match speech call out.
- added new enterprise amok rule (now it's multiball).
- combo (red arrow) lamps now blink in sync with the emblem lamps.
- fixed a bug during Klingon Multiball that moved the klingon ship too fast during the double jackpot sequence.
As a result, the grace period on a double jackpot shot is now longer.
- changed Mission Emblem blink logic.
- mystery can now restart enterprise amok (multiball).
- added/fixed sounds for Five Year Mission.
- Added Super pops animation.
- Added timers to the background of Prime Directive III and Space Jump III.
- Fixed "three in a column" display effect, background image moved from left to right side of display.
- Fixed an issue where the center super skill shot wasn't registering when the center drop target was down.
- Fixed an issue where on the bonus warp skill shot, you can get multiple skill shots in a row.
- fixed left eject kickout lightshow.
- fixed a problem where super ramps display effects were being killed.
- cleaned up left eject kicking code.
- display effect for 3-in-a-row -- moved animation to right side; show score text thru the whole effect.
- added new attract mode lamp sequence (Premium/LE only).

V1.30 - November 18, 2013
=======================

- Initial release.

#6 10 years ago

Good to see the side rails/backbox back.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks for posting Dan. I will work on installing this later!

#8 10 years ago

V1.41 - December 27, 2013
=======================

- added side rail and back box flasher lamps to the attract mode.

Greg Colton's pissing and moaning paid off hehe

#9 10 years ago

The pro read me has release notes from older patches now. Dunno if that's new.

#10 10 years ago

updating now

#11 10 years ago

Big time kudos to Stern for getting the side rail lighting issue fixed so fast!

Thumbs up.

#12 10 years ago

The blue flashers for the Star Trek insignias on the head on the LE have now been enabled.

#13 10 years ago

This one seems like a great addition that I didn't know about: "3 in a row - give 2 awards when 2 rows are complete at the same time". That will change my play strategy a lot.

#14 10 years ago

Damn! Nice work stern!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

- rescue kick back default is now harder.

Default is still set on easy

#16 10 years ago

Yeah. Now this is an update I will download.

PS: thank you Greg for bitching.

#17 10 years ago

HUZZAAAAH!!!!

#18 10 years ago

Thank you Stern and ST team! I bought speaker LED kits and moved my speaker flashers up to the back box emblem to make it brighter 2X flashers in each emblem, looks bad ass in attract mode check out the picts. This game is truly stunning to look @ and play.

IMG_3645.JPGIMG_3645.JPG IMG_3646.JPGIMG_3646.JPG IMG_3647.JPGIMG_3647.JPG
#19 10 years ago

OK. I'm finally moving to my new place this weekend. I need to unbox my STLE soon... I am really liking the new software guy at Stern so far!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK. I'm finally moving to my new place this weekend. I need to unbox my STLE soon... I am really liking the new software guy at Stern so far!

Lonnie isn't new

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lonnie isn't new

Is Lonnie writing most the Star Trek software?

#22 10 years ago

But the rumor is Tanio will be taking over the project. Possibly so Lonnie can move on to the next project?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Is Lonnie writing most the Star Trek software?

Lonnie and Tanio tag team. I don't think stern wanted to make the same xmen mistake so Lonnie is showing him the ropes until he feels comfortable to leave Tanio alone on the project. At least that's the speculation.

#24 10 years ago

Tanio is a fantastic programmer and is the best person for the job expect greatness!

#25 10 years ago

Tanio and Lonnie are a team. It is a joint effort for Star Trek and I think they bring out the best in each other

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago

Whoever is doing it doesn't matter. The game play is fun and updates are coming out and that is all that matters.

#27 10 years ago

Cools - just installed....the speaker panel & side panel emblem flashers are lit during Attract mode now! That's new.

#28 10 years ago

Really nice to see such a quick turnaround for this update, gotta give Stern credit here...

#29 10 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the speaker panel flashers in action?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Looks better in person but still pretty subtle compared to the speaker panel mods out there.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-441.jpgimage-441.jpg
#31 10 years ago

Hard to take but here it is looks better in person

image.jpgimage.jpg
#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The pro read me has release notes from older patches now. Dunno if that's new.

yeah this part is weird:

V1.40 - December 24, 2013
=======================

- warp chase lamps now cycle 2 times.

#33 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Question are the speaker panel lights on all the time or do the flash?

#34 10 years ago

They

Quoted from Concretehardt:Thanks guys! Question are the speaker panel lights on all the time or do the flash?

The speaker lights are only on in attract mode. They are solid when lit and turn off when the flasher sequence runs. They go off as soon as you start a game and remain off.

#35 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Question are the speaker panel lights on all the time or do the flash?

RIght now they're just on during attract. However, they are flashers - and none of the Prem/LE flashers are coded for gameplay use yet. The spotlights/asteroid flashers don't do anything during gameplay at the moment. I'm guessing all of these flashers will have code in the next update or 2.

#36 10 years ago

Uploaded 1.41 to CP Pinball tonight. The backbox lights look better and speaker panel. Got to Amok and was blinded by the lights on that mode. Kicker missing still does not award ball back. I put up 234m. Did not get very far into lvl 3. Just wish the kicker would be fixed soon!

#37 10 years ago

aaaaawwww, yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh!

stle.jpgstle.jpg
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Uploaded 1.41 to CP Pinball tonight. The backbox lights look better and speaker panel. Got to Amok and was blinded by the lights on that mode. Kicker missing still does not award ball back. I put up 234m. Did not get very far into lvl 3. Just wish the kicker would be fixed soon!

Damn, I dunno how you do it. This game beats me up like no other...maybe I'm just not used to the geometry yet, but I am NOT good at getting consistent ramp shots...I'm always hitting the targets or something. The ball is very wild in this game. Hopefully I'll bet better soon. I've definitely lost a lot of opportunities from the kickback missing or not firing twice in a row if the ball went over the switch again.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Damn, I dunno how you do it. This game beats me up like no other...maybe I'm just not used to the geometry yet, but I am NOT good at getting consistent ramp shots...I'm always hitting the targets or something. The ball is very wild in this game. Hopefully I'll bet better soon. I've definitely lost a lot of opportunities from the kickback missing or not firing twice in a row if the ball went over the switch again.

Lots of ball cradling on mb and staging flippers for klingon supers. Make sure to hit the glowing shots if they are the last shots on the modes.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This one seems like a great addition that I didn't know about: "3 in a row - give 2 awards when 2 rows are complete at the same time". That will change my play strategy a lot.

I agree, this is huge. Getting super ramps and super spinner at the same time is a great combination. Or super spinner and super pops. A little riskier to try to go for 2 at once, sine you have to complete 5 modes instead of 3, but it can pay off later. Was playing with this tonight and I love this new feature.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Lots of ball cradling on mb and staging flippers for klingon supers. Make sure to hit the glowing shots if they are the last shots on the modes.

Oh, I wasn't talking so much scoring strategy - but just staying alive long enough to complete all Level 2s!!!

#42 10 years ago

I just installed v1.41 and the speaker and side flashers now flash and also can light up solid but it only seems to work in attract mode now and alternates between flashing, on solid and off. I don't think they do anything yet wile playing a game but maybe I haven't got that far yet.
This kind of changes my plains to add LED's to the speaker unless I can connect and power my new led strips to the flasher so they are also controlled by the game code. It looks like both speaker flashers #42 are connected to the same drive transistor Q42 and is listed as 20 volts DC in the manual but the flasher LED is a #89 blue LED. I believe a #89 LED is 13 volt AC or DC so if this flasher is powered by 12 volt DC it should power my LED strips also but each strip draws .25 amps so 2 would be .5 amps. I wonder if the circuit could handle the extra load. If not adding spacers under the speaker should let in more light from the flasher so the extra LED strips might not be needed. I am in the process of making a bracket for the LED strips.
christmas2013 027.JPGchristmas2013 027.JPG

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yeah probably one of the best additions hoping to get some more play time on it soon. Great way to add some strategy to how you can attack this beast.

#44 10 years ago

So you guys are saying you can't have 2 awards running at the same time? If not then what is the benefit of getting them at exactly the same time vs at different times. Awards carry over from ball to ball so I don't think I see the big deal of getting them at the same time. Or am I missing something?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why's that? You get one award for one line before. So when you do the second line you get the second reward. This just sounds like a bugfix, like if you played 4 modes and saved the corner for last, then it would only have given you one instead of both. No reason to play that way unless you just like trying to pull a rope-a-dope in competition lol.

The only way this would seem to matter is if the scoring for all modes is put towards both rewards, instead of just the scoring for three modes, you get scoring for five, and then the "super" rewards value is set from the higher value. Test it and let us know?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

So you guys are saying you can't have 2 awards running at the same time? If not then what is the benefit of getting them at exactly the same time vs at different times. Awards carry over from ball to ball so I don't think I see the big deal of getting them at the same time. Or am I missing something?

I've been meaning to look into this closer, but it doesn't seem like you can get a new one running after the first one is started.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Why's that? You get one award for one line before. So when you do the second line you get the second reward. This just sounds like a bugfix, like if you played 4 modes and saved the corner for last, then it would only have given you one instead of both. No reason to play that way unless you just like trying to pull a rope-a-dope in competition lol.
The only way this would seem to matter is if the scoring for all modes is put towards both rewards, instead of just the scoring for three modes, you get scoring for five, and then the "super" rewards value is set from the higher value. Test it and let us know?

I don't think so. You only get one captains chair award per grid. So if you do 3 in a row, that's your reward until you complete the grid, run through the resulting wizard mode, and clear the grid for the next stage. Now you can get two rewards instead of 1 with a little planning.

#48 10 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the "StarTrek" typeface font is gone that was used in mission names, Bonus word, etc. excluding the STAR TREK Title image, to make space for new animations inside it's code space? If so then the pinball browser tool has no issue with this version which is good. Else we might need a new version?

#49 10 years ago

Updating to 1.41 today. Awesome holiday update

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't think so. You only get one captains chair award per grid. So if you do 3 in a row, that's your reward until you complete the grid, run through the resulting wizard mode, and clear the grid for the next stage. Now you can get two rewards instead of 1 with a little planning.

That's idiotic, if so. Just another in a long line of incosistency on the part of Stern and their code/playfield art.... christ...can't these guys get anything right that's not Tron or AC/DC?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-141-avaialble-now-1/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.