IMG_3405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3412 (resized).jpg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpg
IMG_3381 (resized).jpg
IMG_3380 (resized).jpg
F3090BA1-24CE-4BF0-951E-5AC13D1F0527 (resized).JPG
IMG_3378 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

You guys are full of crap about Stingray. It is a fantastic pin especially the shape this one is in. I can't stop anyone from destroying a game, but I have a Stingray I restored along with my other Classic Stern's and it gets a ton of play; especially at the shows. Now I do love a Quicksilver (top3) but personally I would of started with a Meteor since it truly is a better "fit" . MPU200, exact same cabinet, boardset, wiring harness, etc. The entire cabinet is not even close being an MPU100 game. The MPU100 cabs or this era are really "junk". Balsa wood like. At least sell the playfield for restoration for someone and along with the parts. Can't wait to see the transformation. I have to admit, I got 2 roached Meteor's in storage to transform into a Star Gazer and Quicksilver.

100_2745 (resized).JPG100_2745 (resized).JPGDSCF8982 (resized).JPGDSCF8982 (resized).JPGDSCF8984 (resized).JPGDSCF8984 (resized).JPGDSCF8994 (resized).JPGDSCF8994 (resized).JPG
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Frankly, another reason why I hesitated to do a thread about this build is the constant opinion-giving of "MPU-200 games are a better fit" or "why are you converting a good game to make something else?" If you don't want to follow along, truly, no worries. I had a Stingray, and am building a Quicksilver from it; plain and simple.

Oh man. Sorry you feel that way and you took my comments as negative and others. I guess looking back I could see how you looked at my comments that way. In no way did I mean it and really for these games it's impossible to not destroy another classic. Just the way it is and thank god we have parts like this available. I am glad you started the thread and are sharing the situation.

2 weeks later
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

Very nice resto. I have a one myself that is in decent shape that I would like to put some work in. Did you make your own stencils for the cab yourself?

On this title you have to make them yourself. PITA but well worth it because all of the cabinets look like butt but when you finish because of the White and Red and Blue it ends up looking the most beautiful in a line up. Really great colors and art. People are drawn to the beauty of a restored one. It has a really clean color look. Worth time and effort.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classic_Stern.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stingray-gt-quicksilver-build?tu=Classic_Stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.