(Topic ID: 266424)

Stimulus gifting - do your part

By WeirPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This is a tough one. I get the point of donating to charity but isn't the point of these checks to help stimulate the economy by purchasing through businesses?
If you spend all your money on local businesses, that will in-turn provide them with the income they need to pay their rent and payroll which then reduces the strain on things like the food bank as less people are out of work.
It's kind of a catch 22 in my brain. Do you give it directly to those in need right now but then the situation gets worse for small business whom then have to furlo even more workers whom then now need the direct giving thus growing the number of people in need. Or do you give to the businesses that are struggling to help them keep those people employed and out of the need for the hand outs in the first place.
I'm not real sure there is a right answer to that equation, just posing it as the alternative line of thinking. As you, I don't do social media for a reason, which is creeping into Pinside more and more everyday now. I do wish we could keep to pinball here though

correct. we need to pump this money into the economy. that is the purpose.

also, IRS is not counting it as INCOME or against next years taxes and it does NOT have to be paid back. This really is 100% a freebie unless they change something.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

ours is going back to local small businesses. Trying to buy as much as we can from them or even take out a couple times a week. Things we would never do before. I will make sure it’s pumped back into our community.

this is our plan as well, all local getting our check. I really wish they would just focus on getting money to small business. We are still waiting on our Payroll protection SBA money. Got a email today saying it could be JUNE??? what the hell? we need it now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stimulus-gifting-do-your-part?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.