(49 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED92BD7D-F968-48EE-B10E-5A9601FE029B (resized).jpeg
20211117_220715 (resized).jpg
1BAC3537-3FB3-49F2-9AC2-F7DE835A6D09 (resized).jpeg
Cosmic Gunfight (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

What pin do you regret selling or trading?

Were you able to track one down again and add it back to your collection?

Maybe you're still on the hunt for that special pin.

#2 2 years ago

The hunt never ends. That’s part of the fun!

#3 2 years ago

There are games I miss, but nothing I would want back over any games I have now. The other issue is (of course!!) prices. I think I paid 1700 bucks for my Earthshaker in 2017 (ish). I'd love to have it back...but not for 3K+...

A few games on my wishlist still, but nothing I'm in a rush to get, I can wait for the timing and price to be right.

#4 2 years ago

The only one I regret selling is Paragon. Other pins I've been hoping
to find are Rockola Jigsaw and World Series but too darn expensive
when they do show up. Hope is fading....
Steve

#5 2 years ago

I regret selling my small collection after a divorce many years ago. But I mostly regret selling my EATPM. Took a long time to track one down in good condition and I got a good deal at the time (unbelievable by today's prices). That won't happen again.

#6 2 years ago

Due to an unfortunate bad financial situation 15 years ago I sold all 4 machines that I had at the time. Big Shot, Aztec and Alien Star went without a second thought, my mint Quicksilver however I still regret and to find one now would be at triple (or more) the price it went for. I'm happy with the couple I have now, but always watching for certain 80's titles

#7 2 years ago

The first game my parents owned (and I grew up with) was a Williams Cosmic Gunfight. Not working when bought (for less then $45 in 2004), and fixed by my dad. As our home was not the biggest, the game had to go after a while. Ofcourse back then we had no idea it was a rare pin. This is the only photo I can still find of it..

Hoping to buy one myself one day, I've got great memories playing it. Have seen some for sale in the Netherlands, but most of them were either trash or made of gold...

Cosmic Gunfight (resized).jpgCosmic Gunfight (resized).jpg

#8 2 years ago

No regrets selling but was on the hunt for a few special ones until prices about doubled. (talking to you Indy)
Now I’ll probably just visit them.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

There are games I miss, but nothing I would want back over any games I have now. The other issue is (of course!!) prices. I think I paid 1700 bucks for my Earthshaker in 2017 (ish). I'd love to have it back...but not for 3K+...
A few games on my wishlist still, but nothing I'm in a rush to get, I can wait for the timing and price to be right.

Earth Shaker is a sweet pin, I loved playing it in the Flipper Room (Local arcade), I'm sure it went to a nice home

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from zarco:

The only one I regret selling is Paragon. Other pins I've been hoping
to find are Rockola Jigsaw and World Series but too darn expensive
when they do show up. Hope is fading....
Steve

Paragon is a badass title indeed, I wouldn't mind owning one one day.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

I regret selling my small collection after a divorce many years ago. But I mostly regret selling my EATPM. Took a long time to track one down in good condition and I got a good deal at the time (unbelievable by today's prices). That won't happen again.

Damn, sorry you had to go through that bro, I hope one day you build a bigger and better collection.

#12 2 years ago

Biggest regrets for me are, in no particular order:

Tron Pro (twice)
LOTR HUO
World Poker Tour (was going to be used for a re-theme)
Metallica (Wife's game)
STTNG (Also twice, also was considered my wife's game)

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Teejay68:

Due to an unfortunate bad financial situation 15 years ago I sold all 4 machines that I had at the time. Big Shot, Aztec and Alien Star went without a second thought, my mint Quicksilver however I still regret and to find one now would be at triple (or more) the price it went for. I'm happy with the couple I have now, but always watching for certain 80's titles

I haven't seen many quick silvers out there, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you though.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

The first game my parents owned (and I grew up with) was a Williams Cosmic Gunfight. Not working when bought (for less then $45 in 2004), and fixed by my dad. As our home was not the biggest, the game had to go after a while. Ofcourse back then we had no idea it was a rare pin. This is the only photo I can still find of it..
Hoping to buy one myself one day, I've got great memories playing it. Have seen some for sale in the Netherlands, but most of them were either trash or made of gold...

That's an amazing story I bet you guys have a lot of great memories playing together. It's awesome you guys were able to fix it up and get it working again : )

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

No regrets selling but was on the hunt for a few special ones until prices about doubled. (talking to you Indy)
Now I’ll probably just visit them.

IJ an amazing pin!!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Biggest regrets for me are, in no particular order:
Tron Pro (twice)
LOTR HUO
World Poker Tour (was going to be used for a re-theme)
Metallica (Wife's game)
STTNG (Also twice, also was considered my wife's game)

Never played world poker, the rest of the games are amazing. Metallica still pops up here and there. I was on the hunt for a LOTR myself a few times.

#17 2 years ago

Games I've bought twice:

STTNG
JM

I've since sold the 2nd one of each and don't miss either one.

Games I've bought thrice:

Dr. Who

Still own the third, it's mint and a keeper.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Never played world poker, the rest of the games are amazing. Metallica still pops up here and there. I was on the hunt for a LOTR myself a few times.

The code on WPT is great, if technically "unfinished"....but I've been sitting on a WHITEWOOD WPT playfield that was used for test fitting (to my understanding) that would be perfect for a custom game. I also do vectorization of artwork as a hobby. I'd started on it years ago, but once I started researching actual costs to do a custom pin (Basically the same price as buying a NIB at the time!) I kinda lost motivation. Still sitting on my vector files, and some basic rules, callout ideas, mode ideas etc..... but the layout is PERFECT for Voltron...

Here's my old thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whenever-its-done-voltron-a-wpt-retheme

#19 2 years ago

I've been looking for an IJ and a nice congo for a while.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Games I've bought twice:
STTNG
JM
I've since sold the 2nd one of each and don't miss either one.
Games I've bought thrice:
Dr. Who
Still own the third, it's mint and a keeper.

3 of them!!!

I got to play Dr. Who recently for the first time. I really liked it.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The code on WPT is great, if technically "unfinished"....but I've been sitting on a WHITEWOOD WPT playfield that was used for test fitting (to my understanding) that would be perfect for a custom game. I also do vectorization of artwork as a hobby. I'd started on it years ago, but once I started researching actual costs to do a custom pin (Basically the same price as buying a NIB at the time!) I kinda lost motivation. Still sitting on my vector files, and some basic rules, callout ideas, mode ideas etc..... but the layout is PERFECT for Voltron...
Here's my old thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whenever-its-done-voltron-a-wpt-retheme

I'm going to read through the thread, in the meantime, I'm sure you can appreciate this. My Official diecast Voltron

1BAC3537-3FB3-49F2-9AC2-F7DE835A6D09 (resized).jpeg1BAC3537-3FB3-49F2-9AC2-F7DE835A6D09 (resized).jpeg
#22 2 years ago

Over the years sold some trophies to pay for real world needs. Earthquake repairs come to mind. I miss Ac/dc the most followed by Metallica. I will own both again. Patience is the key to bring them back.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Over the years sold some trophies to pay for real world needs. Earthquake repairs come to mind. I miss Ac/dc the most followed by Metallica. I will own both again. Patience is the key to bring them back.

Took me awhile to land a LE Acdc... Great game.

20211117_220715 (resized).jpg20211117_220715 (resized).jpg
#24 2 years ago

Jackpot bro^^^^^^^^ I will have one someday!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I've been looking for an IJ and a nice congo for a while.

Both of these games were on my list for a while, I really wanted a Congo too however none were showing up at the time.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

The good thing is, I see them pop up from time to time. I was after AC/DC myself but it never happened, great game Metallica too!!

You'll get them again.

#27 2 years ago

Congo, TAF, CCC. Out of the 3 would love to have Congo back.
Always on the lookout for Gameplan's Cyclopes or Andromeda and Stern classic Iron Maiden

#28 2 years ago

During a job scare a couple years back, I offloaded a bunch of pins thinking that my family and I were going to have to move...so I lightened the load significantly. Once everything had settled, I worked on building my collection back, but still to this day, I miss my Meteor the most and it's doubtful that the gentleman that purchased it will ever let it come back home, haha (whimper)....Stelllllaaaaaaa!!!!!

#29 2 years ago

I have always been on the lookout for a sonic jokers wild.

#30 2 years ago

Crispin have you seen the alternate traslite for Congo?

I would get this one if I owned the machine.

ED92BD7D-F968-48EE-B10E-5A9601FE029B (resized).jpegED92BD7D-F968-48EE-B10E-5A9601FE029B (resized).jpeg
#31 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

During a job scare a couple years back, I offloaded a bunch of pins thinking that my family and I were going to have to move...so I lightened the load significantly. Once everything had settled, I worked on building my collection back, but still to this day, I miss my Meteor the most and it's doubtful that the gentleman that purchased it will ever let it come back home, haha (whimper)....Stelllllaaaaaaa!!!!!

I hope you get Stella back one day : ). I haven't spent much time on Meteor but I do love games from that era.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I have always been on the lookout for a sonic jokers wild.

That would look nice next to the Williams Jokerz pinball machine.

#33 2 years ago

I found Fish Tales, Judge Dredd, T3, RBION, STNG, and Baywatch again. Then I sold them all again, ha. World Cup Soccer I've owned 3 times without particularly trying to, ha.

I had a very nice Pin*Bot which I wish I kept longer at least.

My friend sold his TAF for $4300 which I regret not buying.

Overall been very fortunate with finding games though.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I found Fish Tales, Judge Dredd, T3, RBION, STNG, and Baywatch again. Then I sold them all again, ha. World Cup Soccer I've owned 3 times without particularly trying to, ha.
I had a very nice Pin*Bot which I wish I kept longer at least.
My friend sold his TAF for $4300 which I regret not buying.
Overall been very fortunate with finding games though.

Do you currently have any of those games in your lineup? Which were your favorite 2 from the games you mentioned?

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Do you currently have any of those games in your lineup? Which were your favorite 2 from the games you mentioned?

No, sold them all. I probably like T3 and Fish Tales the most out of those.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Crispin have you seen the alternate traslite for Congo?
I would get this one if I owned the machine.
[quoted image]

Just fantastic! I had a black and white cabinet Congo and if I ever get one back I hope to get a color cab next time

#37 2 years ago

Still on the hunt for a nice Whirlwind, the timing just hasn't worked out. When I was ready, nothing was really available, and then when a nice one popped up on Marketplace just recently, I wasn't ready to buy being in the middle of a kitchen remodel project. Waiting to see how project expenses pan out before buying any more machines. Maybe later this year will be my luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 132.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/still-on-the-hunt-for-that-special-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.