(Topic ID: 291873)

Still no new releases so far in 2021... What's going on?

By John_Smith

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pins4u
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
HilariousConventionalKiskadee-mobile (resized).jpg
20210417_135111 (resized).jpg
D71A8DEA-178D-41FD-94F5-CC274920D5EF.jpeg
BED7C668-8451-4AD0-A220-DC05643E5CAA.jpeg
no-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from John_Smith:

I've checked constantly for new machines, but we've already reached way past April Fool's day and STILL NOTHING. All I've heard about pinball in 2021 is that more former pinball team members are getting hired (Mark Penacho at Stern, Jack E. Haeger, Zofia Ryan (formerly Zofia Bil) and Dennis Nordman at American Pinball, etc.), expos getting cancelled (probably because COVID is still hanging around), and a re-themed Gottilieb table that was used as a movie prop this year (which I don't count as an actual release). I've also heard about the rumored pinball games yet to be released (listed below), but still nothing yet for over 4 months into 2021. What's happening, did I miss something?
Rumored yet-to-be-released pinball tables:
Stern:
-JAWS
-Godzilla
-James Bond
-Rush
Jersey Jack Pinball:
-Pirates of the Caribbean (re-release)
-Toy Story
Spooky Pinball:
???
American Pinball:
???
Deeproot:
???
(I've even heard that someone, somewhere, was making a Hello Kitty pin and probably another one making a My Little Pony pin. Can anyone confirm these two?)

Lol JAWS was the code name for Jurassic Park. Godzilla was basically confirmed by someone at Stern, can’t remember who, as blatantly as one can without pissing off the PR team.
Hello Kitty would be an awesome theme and MLP could be a good one, Hasbro has a pretty awesome R&D team so if they worked with the manufacturer it would probably be pretty snappy.
I’d love to see some bright and colorful games in that “bubblegum pop” style
Sick of Japan getting all the good stuff!!

Right now however, many of the manufacturers are making 5x more money than last year doing nothing differently. Why push out a new game when your market has exponentially increased?

Pinball is a little pond with some goldfish, and covid happened and now it’s like someone dumped a ton of carp into the same size pond. They’re focused on dumping more of the same bait to satiate these hungry fish, why bother coming up with some new flashy bait?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Hello kitty is 'New flashy bait?
[quoted image]

Clearly you haven’t kept up with Sanrio. Aggretsuko is one of their latest creations and she’s badass. It’s all about a cute red panda who hates her office job so she sings death metal karaoke. It would probably do extremely well like Rick & Morty, even though when it was speculated and not released yet tons of out-of-touch dudes were saying it was a shit theme and wouldn’t do well

BED7C668-8451-4AD0-A220-DC05643E5CAA.jpegBED7C668-8451-4AD0-A220-DC05643E5CAA.jpegD71A8DEA-178D-41FD-94F5-CC274920D5EF.jpegD71A8DEA-178D-41FD-94F5-CC274920D5EF.jpeg
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Never heard of Sanrio. Death Metal Karaoke, I like it. Just watched a little of this and its doubtful I'm gonna watch anymore but yeah I could see it as a pin theme. Not sure about Hello Kitty however, then again I can't believe I'm even thinking about it. Damn u

Sanrio is the Japanese company that owns Hello Kitty, Aggretsuko and a TON of other stuff you’d never think of. They work their way into your mind!!

#16 2 years ago

Back to the topic: other than Stern, there’s pretty much nobody actually with any titles in development that we know of?

Is RAZA off the table for its 2030 release date??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/still-no-new-releases-so-far-in-2021-what-s-going-on?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.