(Topic ID: 291873)

Still no new releases so far in 2021... What's going on?

By John_Smith

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pins4u
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
HilariousConventionalKiskadee-mobile (resized).jpg
20210417_135111 (resized).jpg
D71A8DEA-178D-41FD-94F5-CC274920D5EF.jpeg
BED7C668-8451-4AD0-A220-DC05643E5CAA.jpeg
no-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Spooky is expanding its factory, and have about 50 or less Rick & Mortys to finish the run. On time BTW.
So new Spooky game anouncement june ish?
Alien just started shipping.
New Stern in a few weeks.
Haggis shipped 1, but only 18 games ordered, so not much of a needle mover.
Cactus Canyon has got to be announced soon? Right?!
Americans next game.
GNRs shipping.
Lebowski's still slooowly bieng built.
Then a late summer/fall Stern.
So 6 or 7 titles to choose from later this year?
Barring supply issues, this could be still be a great pinball year.

Excellent summary. We're still in a pinball renaissance IMHO

#80 3 years ago

The Toy Story series is a masterclass in moviemaking that will be studied for decades to come.
I'm not saying that guarantees it will make an excellent pin (though I think it will,) but that might explain the enthusiasm for it.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

People act like families go to these so called family films because adults like them too, and they are made for adults too. Wrong. The families go to the movies because their kids want to see the film. They go with their kids because they want to because they like the kids, not because they like the film. The reason men want these titles for pinball is because they think it is one their wives will let them get. Bottom line.

You people are so weird sometimes.

1 week later
#120 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

So, the prize for first game announced this year goes to Haggis Pinball for their Fathom remake. Didn't see that coming!
Not even sure Haggis was a company I had ever heard of!

good on them, tbh. I hope it gives them a boost and helps a small company like that grow. I love the prospect of other classic Bally titles getting the same treatment from them, the same way I'm happy CGC is steadily remaking some of the most desired 90s classics.
As demands are met, markets calm.

After Haggis, I'm next most anticipating the upcoming Spooky announcement, and then whatever Stern does, and who knows maybe CGC will announce their next remake? I don't expect JJP to announce anything this year given GNR's dominance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/still-no-new-releases-so-far-in-2021-what-s-going-on?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.