(Topic ID: 291873)

Still no new releases so far in 2021... What's going on?

By John_Smith

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pins4u
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
HilariousConventionalKiskadee-mobile (resized).jpg
20210417_135111 (resized).jpg
D71A8DEA-178D-41FD-94F5-CC274920D5EF.jpeg
BED7C668-8451-4AD0-A220-DC05643E5CAA.jpeg
no-really-is-this-a-joke (resized).jpg

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

People act like families go to these so called family films because adults like them too, and they are made for adults too. Wrong. The families go to the movies because their kids want to see the film. They go with their kids because they want to because they like the kids, not because they like the film. The reason men want these titles for pinball is because they think it is one their wives will let them get. Bottom line.

No, you are wrong. I think the Toy Story movies are fantastic, and it has ZERO to do with what my wife or kids think about the movies (or as a theme for a pin).

If I get a Toy Story pin, it will be because *I* want it and think it's an excellent theme for a pin. I don't give a shit what the wife or kids think about the theme because they aren't going to play it either way.

But I do like how you assume that nobody could possibly like Toy Story other than to please their kids or wives.

#102 6 months ago

dupe

#103 6 months ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:Where did u read that in a fortune cookie?

I just don't understand, The Mandorlian and Toy Story with Toy Story being the must buy? I'm I missing something with that cartoon movie? I saw a little once and it seemed to be made for toddlers. What's the deal? Not trying to be a dick, well that's impossible. Please elaborate.

I have to give DanQVeryMuch credit for actually having the patience to try to "elaborate" or explain it to you, especially after you were honest about it being impossible for you not to be a dick about it.

#104 6 months ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

The rate the government keeps things shut down, this supply chain mess may take years to get cleaned up. We have been warmed about inflation for years now, here it finally comes!

#105 6 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Generalize much?
I get why people wouldn't want Toy Story as a pin. Different strokes and all, but I 100% disagree with pretty much everything you posted here. I couldn't care less that Toy Story and its sequels are "family films". Saw the first one in the theatres when I was 25, wasn't even married yet so definitely no kids. Loved it. As a technical accomplishment at the time it was amazing, but the characters and story are great too.
It isn't a dream theme for me, but if it was done well I could see wanting to get one.

Not to shift gears but there are people who think that Wonka is a better theme than Toy Story. This makes zero sense.

#106 6 months ago

No one should be downvoting the D!

#107 6 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

People act like families go to these so called family films because adults like them too, and they are made for adults too. Wrong. The families go to the movies because their kids want to see the film. They go with their kids because they want to because they like the kids, not because they like the film. The reason men want these titles for pinball is because they think it is one their wives will let them get. Bottom line.

Nope. Wrong.

#108 6 months ago

Another factor most likely facing pin manufacturers is the lack of people willing to work. Stimulus checks and increased unemployment benefits is a real issue.

#109 6 months ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

What do you attribute the price increases to? Demand? Supply? Mills shut down at beginning of Covid? Fewer mills in the south owned by few companies? Canadian tariffs? All of the above?

China isn't playing ball anymore.

#110 6 months ago

To me the question will be if Toy Story is a better game than Wonka. Your comparing a much older classic film to a new age animation. Not apples to apples.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Not to shift gears but there are people who think that Wonka is a better theme than Toy Story. This makes zero sense.

#111 5 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Another factor most likely facing pin manufacturers is the lack of people willing to work. Stimulus checks and increased unemployment benefits is a real issue.

Yeah, they're not afraid of being exposed to a deadly disease or anything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/07/29/opinion/no-unemployment-benefits-do-not-discourage-work/%3foutputType=amp

edit: funny how the post citing actual information gets downvoted.

#113 5 months ago

ADD. We just had GNR and LZ announced not to long ago. What more do you want. Stern has been kicking out new titles fairly consistantly. Probably more than we should have. There are 1000's of titles that already exist. So you should have plenty to play for decades to keep your interest.

#114 5 months ago

Zeppelin was announced in the beginning of December, so we'll be at 5 months when the next title is announced. That's a long time.

It's a safe bet that Stern will make up the $$$ shortfall by

1) Increasing the number of LEs or
2) A hefty price increase or
3) Both

#115 5 months ago

You forgot the true number 1 money maker for stern. Making and selling plastic toppers with lights.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Zeppelin was announced in the beginning of December, so we'll be at 5 months when the next title is announced. That's a long time.
3) Both

#116 5 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

You forgot the true number 1 money maker for stern. Making and selling plastic toppers with lights.

I have only seen ONE Stern topper worth buying, and even then, I think they should have included it on BKSoR at no extra charge because without him peering down and dissing your skills, BKSoR is mostly fun, but with the topper, it sent it over the top-

#117 5 months ago

So, the prize for first game announced this year goes to Haggis Pinball for their Fathom remake. Didn't see that coming!

Not even sure Haggis was a company I had ever heard of!

#118 5 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

So, the prize for first game announced this year goes to Haggis Pinball for their Fathom remake. Didn't see that coming!

Who?

#119 5 months ago

Sister Sledge Hammer Time
- or -
the guys bashing the plexiglass playfields

#120 5 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

good on them, tbh. I hope it gives them a boost and helps a small company like that grow. I love the prospect of other classic Bally titles getting the same treatment from them, the same way I'm happy CGC is steadily remaking some of the most desired 90s classics.
As demands are met, markets calm.

After Haggis, I'm next most anticipating the upcoming Spooky announcement, and then whatever Stern does, and who knows maybe CGC will announce their next remake? I don't expect JJP to announce anything this year given GNR's dominance.

#121 5 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Yup! $1,000 for this "beautiful" plastic Stern TMNT topper with plastic eye tracker. Ridiculous.

This clip gave me a good laugh.

#122 5 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

3) Both

Word on the street is that Stern is still trying to fill the backlog of orders and is cranking out the production.

Pretty sure their is no shortfall of $$$ right now for Stern. No reason to release a new game yet.

#123 5 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

who knows maybe CGC will announce their next remake

Come on now! Let's not get crazy.

#124 5 months ago

Looks like Homepin is releasing "Stick on a Rock" this year according to the Pinball podcast.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-magazine-pinball-news-podcast-2-flip-expo-jack-guarnieri/page/2#post-6257752

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside