(Topic ID: 255038)

Still looking for a color dmd to buy

By tomtest

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Let me know if you have a color dmd to sell.

I did buy a new one, although last year I did sell one of my used ones for $350 as I had no use for it at that time.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Let me know if you have a color dmd to sell.

Aren’t they still selling these new?

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Aren’t they still selling these new?

yep, start here ------> www.colordmd.com

#4 4 years ago

I have a LED one I will sell for $399 plus shipping.

#5 4 years ago

I have one thats the color of orange if you like.

#6 4 years ago

Since these are probably the most loved mod for any game; I doubt there are many used for sale.

#7 4 years ago

Spend the extra 50 bucks & buy new.

#8 4 years ago

There typically aren't any used ones for sale, as they can be removed and installed in a new game. You will have to bite the bullet and either buy a game with one installed or buy new. You'll be waiting for a long time to get that one rare "FS ColorDMD" ad

Besides, they are the one rare mod that gets 99.5%-100% return, unlike all the other mods that exist out there. So if you did come across a used one, you'll be paying almost full price for it anyway. Might as well buy new at that point.

#9 4 years ago

I have a 1 month old color LCD DMD. I would happily trade it with you for a color LED DMD. The LCD ones cost more but after having had both I greatly prefer the LED ones (personal preference).

#10 4 years ago

I have literally one time seen a ColorDMD for sale used on Pinside in 3 years. They appear to be only sold by people who are getting out of the hobby and forgot to include it in their last sale

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have literally one time seen a ColorDMD for sale used on Pinside in 3 years. They appear to be only sold by people who are getting out of the hobby and forgot to include it in their last sale

Man tough crowd!

I've literally bought three literally used ones and probably saved literally $20-$30 bucks on each one so not exactly literally the best deal around. But they do pop up from time to time.

Wouldn't count on it if I were looking for one, like everybody else says.

#12 4 years ago

I sold one for $325 because I forgot I had one "in stock" when I got my Tron so I stupidly bought one for it while I had a perfectly good one just sitting there. TOO MANY PINBALL PARTS

#13 4 years ago

LCDs were out of stock for a minute. I ordered mid October and already have it. They look to be in stock now.

#14 4 years ago

good luck. no reason anyone should ever sell these, they can easily be switched from machine to machine.

#15 4 years ago

New slimmer design available. Same price. Control board moved to fit into capcom Pinball Magic.

#16 4 years ago

A rare bird to find these used. Pony up the few bucks difference and buy new.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/still-looking-for-a-color-dmd-to-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.