(Topic ID: 79683)

Still looking for 1st pin in SE Pa.

By pinhead69

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Still looking for 1st pinball machine here near Boyertown, Pa. I was supposed to go look and maybe buy a pinball in West Chester from a member here, but the guy sold me out!!
    So, still lookin, let me know what you have, budget around $750

#3 10 years ago

what are you looking for? i have a few em's for sale, but if you aren't looking for an em, that will do you no good...

#4 10 years ago

i would hope to find a ss machine in good shape

#5 10 years ago

why did you thumbs down the guy wishing you luck? GLWTB means "good luck with the buy".

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead69:

a solid state game in good shape for $750 would be a nice find these days. what machine were you going to see?

#7 10 years ago

He wanta to see my pool sharks for $750. However, I have had no time to set it up and take pics, write description and all the typical bs. When it's forsale, I will list it here. Life gets in the way of a hobby sometime, the OP hasn't realized that.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead69:

wouldn't we all? $750 for a "good shape ss machine", with all functioning boards and a "good" pf and bg is going to be a bit of a stretch...

#9 10 years ago

I offered him an excellent looking/playing machine for slightly more money and he didn't even have the courtesy to respond. Good manners must be hard to come by.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

wouldn't we all? $750 for a "good shape ss machine", with all functioning boards and a "good" pf and bg is going to be a bit of a stretch...

It can be done. I found a DEST like this for $350. It was in pretty good shape and just needed some clean up. The bad part is that the cabinet is completely wrecked. In fact, you just reminded me to put up a post about it for advice. Thanks!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

I offered him an excellent looking/playing machine for slightly more money and he didn't even have the courtesy to respond. Good manners must be hard to come by.

I see there is another Defender in the area! Go figure. Nice collection.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I see there is another Defender in the area! Go figure. Nice collection.

Thanks!! I see you like Danzig...his son(Jeff) calls me all the time. Small World.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

He wanta to see my Pool Sharks for $750. However, I have had no time to set it up and take pics, write description and all the typical bs. When it's forsale, I will list it here. Life gets in the way of a hobby sometime, the OP hasn't realized that.

If you not actually selling the machine dont say you are!! Please stay out of my threads also, no need after the crap you pulled on me and another forum member here!!

#14 10 years ago

There is an ad on Allentown craigslist for a bad cats and a hurricane. He has them priced at 2999 for the pair but he's not going to get that for them. Maybe you could land one of those for under a grand. Either one would make a good first pin.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

He wanta to see my Pool Sharks for $750. However, I have had no time to set it up and take pics, write description and all the typical bs. When it's forsale, I will list it here. Life gets in the way of a hobby sometime, the OP hasn't realized that.

I dont know why you feel you had to jump into my thread after the crap you pulled on me and another forum member here!!
    Some advice, please dont go around telling people you have a machine for sale when you dont!!
    Isnt it funny how you pulled the same thing on both of us!!
    I think not!! Again, Please stay out of my threads!!

#16 10 years ago

Sir, you posted the same thing twice.????? Re-read my post "when it's for sale, I will list here"

As for your other "friend" have them contact me.

And speaking of contact, looks like you ignored people here that tried to help you also. Be a big boy and find a game on your own. Honestly, if you haven't found a game in 3 months, you are just lazy.

#17 10 years ago

There is a really nice Pinball Pool for sale @ Pincrossing in Linfield in your price range

#18 10 years ago

Hello,

My dad is casually looking to sell his Maverick. It is not perfect and he is asking $1000 (a little out of your budget). Here are the details:

The playfield is in very nice condition, probably a couple bulbs out here and there. There seems to be an issue with the opto at the entrance to the Lauren Bell...it keeps triggering almost nonstop. Don't know if the whole opto needs replaced, or just adjusted. Two of the drop targets were replaced and no longer have the card decal on them. There is a cracked plastic towards the back right of the playfield. Finally, the cabinet has some dings (especially on the backbox), and there is some wear by the left flipper button. DMD is 100%. It would need to be moved up a flight of steps which my dad would be unable to assist with. Here are some pics:

https://plus.google.com/photos/101024208670839625930/albums/5978452645728329089?authkey=CNr2hr7fsu2c6wE

Send me a private message if interested or have any other questions...

#19 10 years ago

Hi,

I still have an excellent Big Guns in Landisburg (17040) that's close to your price.

Here's a link to an earlier post I made about the game:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-big-guns-900-landisburg-pa

I took it off the market for the winter and was planning to put it back up for sale after tax time, but if you're interested...

Best,

Matthew

#20 10 years ago

I also saw a striker extreme on Phili craigslist for 1000 asking price so perhaps that can be had close to your budget and also saw a truck stop for 500.

#21 10 years ago

Ummm? Kinda offensive towards a few already. 750 is a tough number unless you know how to work on pins. If you are looking for a plug and play DMD you are going to have to raise the money a little more. I would think 500 more especially if you want a dialed in working 100% pin. JMO

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from mdolshan:

Hi,
    I still have an excellent Big Guns in Landisburg (17040) that's close to your price.
    Here's a link to an earlier post I made about the game:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-big-guns-900-landisburg-pa
    I took it off the market for the winter and was planning to put it back up for sale after tax time, but if you're interested...
    Best,
    Matthew

fwiw, matthew is a trusted seller... i have completed 2 flawless sales with him, a "bad cats" and a "pro football"... very fair prices, and complete descriptions...

of course, one must venture to the edge of the earth to pick up a machine from him...

#23 10 years ago

pinhead I have a Laser Cue I shopped last fall then moved into storage when I picked up my Centaur. I'd let it go for 750

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/chrisd68/library/Laser%20Cue%20pics?sort=2&page=1

#24 10 years ago

You'll be a lot happier if you decide which title you want for your 1st pin and then start looking around for one. Save up for it.

Eventually you'll find one you can afford. I knew which one I wanted for my 1st pin.

Choosing a pinball machine on price alone is pretty-foolish.

Come to think of it, choosing any product on price alone is pretty-foolish.

You'll most-likely just end-up with a POS or one that you'll want to sell a week later.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/still-looking-for-1st-pin-in-se-pa-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.