5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by schudel5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey folks, I did a search and my searches came up with "i cleaned the sticky shooter"
    Well, I can do that also, BUT, here's my current problem.

I had a super sticky shooter rod on my TF Pro. Came that way from previous owner, no big deal. I took it apart completely, the housing, rod, every piece, everything. Cleaned it ALL up and it was smooth as butter.

That wasn't too many games ago, now it's right back to where it was. Could it be that much coil dust getting into shit? I have cleaned the inside of the cab, not take apart thorough, but a good wiping and vacuuming. Has anyone have this come back after only a few months? Could someone have used some type of lube before and junk is sticking to it again?

Thx in advance.

#2 5 years ago

It's possible.

Take the shooter rod out and roll it on a flat, hard, smooth surface like a counter top or table. Watch the metal shaft and see if it's moving up/down, meaning it's bent. I had a shooter rod that was slightly bent and it acted like it was dirty. You can pull another rod from another game and try it and see if there is any difference.

I feel as if the stern oilite bushing isn't quite as smooth as games that use nylon sleeves. But it shouldn't start getting sticky that quickly.

#3 5 years ago

Took it apart, rolled the rod on the table, dead straight. Gave it a cleaning then hit it with 2000grit paper to clean it right up. Simple greened all the washers, spring, etc. I bought a kit of felt polishing tips for the end of my chinese rotary machine and poked it inside the housing from both sides and cleaned it right up nice.

Put it back together and its smooth as silk again. If this repeats again soon, I'm going to have to take this entire pin and giv'r a huge cleaning.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

It's possible.

I feel as if the stern oilite bushing isn't quite as smooth as games that use nylon sleeves. But it shouldn't start getting sticky that quickly.

Can the bushings be replaced with a nylon sleeve altogether?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from arolden:

Can the bushings be replaced with a nylon sleeve altogether?

You'll have to leave the bronze bushings in place and drill them out to accept a nylon shooter sleeve.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sticky-shooter-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.